1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

again same complaints with different flavour

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by priyanka12345, Jun 26, 2013.

1. priyanka12345

priyanka12345 Silver IL'ite

want to vent..

I am really pissed off with my In laws. My FIl has now developed the habit of collecting used polythene bags we get in supermarket for veggies and reuse them. I do not want that at home as it invites mosquitoes,flies and is not good for my son as well.

I discussed abt this to him and he started backfiring that this means his opinion wont count and he has no say and so on. I mentioned this is good thing not to have and as usual he started with lot of complaints.
    complaints started with

1) i keep only kicthen and dining table clean, not my room :D i.e I do not sweep the room in morning etc. - I dont have time for that.. bcos in evening one maid comes for sweep and utensils cleaning. It seems my FIL has to sweep before making my son sleep on the bed :(

2) I cut fruits/veggies and do not clean the kitchen platform. I dont remember that done as I clean it everyday and am cleanliness freak at my home. However they never showed me at that time and now are complaining.
    Also the cooker , it seems I do not throw water from that.. Actually I do throw but sometimes might have forgotten to which they created an issue. They never keep a single thing in place and want I also dont keep. Why? there is place for every cooker but then it seems my MIL has to pick that up everytime. :D .. Everytime means when .. in morning they dont cook rice only in night.. then how many times?

3) MY MIL complained one thing which was done long back where I was leaving for office and she asked me to clean some utensil . My FIL had just cleaned some utensil and purposely did not clean that. I did mention her that it seems since I used it , I should clean it. To which now she feels insulted and one relative who was with us that time had and mentioned her not to say anthing to me :((( .. So now then why did she bring it up ???

4) I go with my son in evening and comne late at home. I was surprised to know that they keep the track of time i come..like 9 pm . I metnioned therei s nothing to do at hoime and son enjoys with his friends / me . Is there any problem ? Do you want me to come eearly ? I knew they would not say yes :D . They were silent and I took it as NOOOOOO for me

5) I comb my hair and sometimes the hair are still in bedroom on floor. I try and pick them but sometimes from outside also hair do come rt. .Is this to be complained ?

6) She started to compare with our DILs and how they work even though they are working . I straight away mentioned am ready to cook etc and asked you many times. since you are doing I am not. She then kept quiet :( but then started blackmailing my husband saying that he does not understand and so on.

Actually If I think over, I have so many complaints for them related to cleaning, cooking etc etc

I really am fed up of all things My husband supported me in some incidences which were right but later was angry and did not talk much .

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

it seems that your in laws were just waiting for an opportunity to talk about the issues that was bothering them.now,that they have taken out the negative emotions they will be ok for few days or weeks .then again the issues will come out.

now,its upto you as to how to react to these complains.
    ignore,reply without getting personal or complain to hubby.do what suits your family setup.

3. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

Ask your FIL to keep all the polythene bags neatly folded and stored in a closed almirah or some closet, so that he is also happy and you also dont have any problem due to polythene covers.

Regarding their complaints, my suggestion is JUST IGNORE them if you know very well that they are deliberately doing it. Otherwise, it is you who is going to have headache thinking about all these things whereas they will forget what they told and get into routine life.

4. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

I don't see a major issue here. People do have some problem sin living with each other. That happens with parents, siblings, husband and kids too.

If you really want to find a solution, then you can..!! Minor squabbles happen at home, you can modify your behavior a bit and ask them to do the same in certain aspects.

5. hotchillipepper

hotchillipepper Gold IL'ite

IMO both parties involved are equally finicky about things(poly bags/hairs). There seems to be a race of who is Better in cleanliness and nobody leaves a chance to intimidate other party. If you understand from where i am coming then hopefully you'll lower your bar of expectations and make room for errors for you and for them.

6. mini1

mini1 Bronze IL'ite

Hi priyanka
    U seem to have problems mainly coz of gen gap and differences in lifestyles as compared to ur in-laws. These are quite natural. Try to stay calm and see if u can satisfy ur in-laws wishes if they are rational. Try to see if ur hubby can convince them to adjust to a few things as per ur wish. Mutual adjustment is the only way out!

7. priyanka12345

priyanka12345 Silver IL'ite

Its not abt race . This is 4th or 5th time we have asked them not to keep dirty poly bags.The used poly bags which has dirt and mud is kept .Its not at all hygienic to keep that in kitchen. He does not want to listen and when its more bags, me and DH get pissed off.
    The moment we say something, emotional blackmailing starts that now this will also be according to us and so on and aon...

8. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

If the polythene bags have dirt and mud, just clean them under running water and dry them before storing. In that way, objectives of both the parties are achieved.

9. ushae

ushae Silver IL'ite

Use of plythene bag should be avoided as far as possible.

If some one tries to reuse it by avoiding getting another one it is good from enviro point of view. You can suggest him to keep it clean or if time permits you can also do it