Advise on Package & Living Conditions in Dubai

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Dubai' started by veeresh98664, May 17, 2011.

1. veeresh98664

veeresh98664 New IL'ite

hello madam,

myself veeresh from Hyderabad and i have got an opportunity to work in rak bank Dubai for the position of relationship officer in personal loans department and for the pay of 4750/- dhms per month and please suggest me whether i can work happily there for this amount and can up to what amount i can save and what would be the cost of living,company is providing allowance if i own a vehicle,and medical insurance,it will be fine to work there, please suggest me madam, i will be waiting for your response.

2. angel1719

angel1719 Silver IL'ite

re: Advise on Package & Living Conditions in Dubai

Let me try to explain you the situation in Dubai....
    There are people who are living for 2500AED per month and sending 10000Rs to India...and there are people who earn 20000 per month but not able to save a penny...

So it depends on an individual...if you are going to start your career then 4750aed a month is not bad but if you already have a good job and position in India..and well settled I would suggest not to come to Dubai for RAK bank as relationship officer for this salary....
    As this job might involve credit card sales, you need to achieve a target but I believe you can earn some incentives..not sure about it....
    If the company gives you petrol allowance for car, let me tell you petrol is not expensive....but to get a car you need a license and that is very dificult..initially you will not have a car..so you need to be ready to take hardship of travelling by bus, or metro....

If you are single then you can stay in sharing in dubai itself for 2000AED per month..transportation lets count 500 to 600aed as you will be visiting many people..or even more than that amount..Food is cheaper...not to worry about it....you might be able to save 2000 or little lesser if you are not spending it anywhere else..other than your basic necessities....

If you have a family to support in Dxb..I will say this salary will not suffice..as you need to rent a house..then household expenses etc....you wont get a rented house in Dubai for 2k..you might get it in Sharjah..but commuting daily without a car...will be very much difficult...

Taking license might cost you somewhere around 5000 to 6000AED depending on how quickly you pass...plus getting a loan for car with new job will be a bit difficult....you need to show some month's statement..but for those months travelling by public transport will be needed..
    if you buy a car..another expense..monthly may be 600-700aed for a smaller segment car (loan amount) then petrol you said company will give...then its ok..but maintenance too will be needed....

So check all these factors and decide what is best for you..hope this info helps...I am just trying to show my point of view..may be you might have other view too....Wishing you all the best for your future...:bowdown

1 person likes this.
  3. intutivemind

intutivemind New IL'ite

Well, very good and elaborated answer you have got. In my opinion, if you are living comfortable (without tension), don't come Dubai. It is a place where everyone is happy as well as tensed. You will need to be very calculative and smart to live in Dubai.
    Recently, I discovered on site that offers used items for sale and purchase online. So with the presence of such sites, I can say that you will not face any hardship in purchasing products for your home, flat or apartment. <www.dubaiuseditems,com>

Now take a look on all options and make a intelligent decision.

4. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Agreed Angel has given quite a clear picture . Would advise you against this offer if you 're settled well in India . As survival in this package would be difficult !
    Hope you're able to make an Informed decision !

5. gayabala06

gayabala06 Senior IL'ite

my opinion is: u can accept this offer and quite soon u can decide upon the continuation after getting an experience for an year or so....

6. ritufri

ritufri New IL'ite

hello Dear

appreciated your effort for giving us a valuable suggestion to veeresh. My self Ritu, Indian living in Yangon, i got a offer from Sharjah & would like to relocate to Dubai. As i think it will be a better place then Yangon. can u help me by suggesting employment consultant name or the website.

thanks for your time.