1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on buying a Sewing machine please ladies!

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by Vini K, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am looking to buy a new sewing machine.I own a Usha Janome Fashion Stitch which is supposed to be a very good machine but my particular machine has always been under repair.I think the piece I got was defective from the beginning.

I now want to exchange it for another machine.Should I stick to Fashion Stitch? What are your experiences with different brands of machines?Please do share them with me, so that I can decide which machine to buy.Thanks!

2. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

Those of you who use Usha Stitch Magic,...

Please let me know if there is overlock stitch in this model?I know Fashion Stitch does not have it, but Allure has it.no idea about Stitch magic though.thanks.

3. sincybft

sincybft Gold IL'ite

I am using singer machine for the last 8years............

4. gswathi

gswathi Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    i bought usha janome stitch magic last year and its working fine...i am a newbie to sewing and exploring a lot in this machine...i really love my machine....good luck for you....

5. gswathi

gswathi Bronze IL'ite

Re: Those of you who use Usha Stitch Magic,...

hi vini,
    as far as i know for overlocking you need a seperate machine only, called serger or overlocking machine...if you mean pico stitch,which can be used to stitch saree ends, then stitch magic has that....

1 person likes this.
  6. sewnembcrazy

sewnembcrazy Silver IL'ite

lots of ilites recommend USHA ALLURE OR USHA STITCH MAGIC any how if your machine is in warranty please contact USHA guys and if they still do'nt listen then make a complaint with consumer forum for giving you the defective machine you don't need a lawyer for this

1 person likes this.
  7. Keerthi09

Keerthi09 Silver IL'ite

I am using USHA stitch magic....and its good :)

8. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,thanks for the replies.I went through other similar queries and I found that most are recommending Stitch Magic, so will go for that now.

@sewnembcrazy,thanks for the suggestions.I actually took it to the dealer within the warranty period but now I am having other problems with it.Am so fed up with having to get it repaired all the time that I have now planned to get a new one.

9. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

Re: Those of you who use Usha Stitch Magic,...

gswathi, thanks for your reply..I think I will not buy a overlock machine as I don't do commercial type stitching..thanks anyway..

10. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

Need your opinions please!

Hello all,

I went to a sewing machine dealer today.They showed me singer 8280,Husqvarna Viking E10 and E 20, and Brother DS 140.

I need your opinions on all these machines..

(They did not have Usha Janome with them,so am planning to visit Usha dealers this coming week..)
    Meanwhile if I could get some opinions on these machines I would be grateful.Price wise,Brother is the most expensive(Rs.17,000) with 40 decorative stitches and LCD display for length of stitch etc.