Advice needed on schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Jaynat, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Jaynat

Jaynat New IL'ite

Hi to all chennaities,

I am jayanthi and i have two girls aged 7yrs and 2 yrs. My 7 yr old is currently studying in grade 2 in Istanbul International School , Turkey.

We have been moving around and my daughter has had to shift 4 schools in 3 different countries. Now i am planning to relocate to chennai and bring some stability in the children's life and education.

Can somebody pls give me feedback and info on primary schools at chennai, around mylapore and alwarpet and nungambakkam and t.Ngr area. Specifically i would be interested in Bambino, Hari Shree Vidhyalaya and some small schools which have a good student: Teacher ratio.

Since we have been out of chennai for the last 8 yrs i am not much aware of the trends at present. Can u guide me with the admission procedures and whether it will be possible to secure admisison in the above mentioned schools if we make the move in May 2008, or should we come earlier.

All feedback and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    cheers,
    Jay.

2. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Jay,

Most of the schools have been discussed in this forum Chennai -> Schools... You can find information about many schools and admission procedures in the thread Schools in Chennai.

Also there are many other threads in this forum which will give you a good idea about good schools in Chennai...

Admission to LKG is going on in schools now...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  3. Jaynat

Jaynat New IL'ite

Hi Manju,

Thanks for the advice and the immediate reply. I am basically new to this forum and yet to go thro all the other threads. Will do so,

Also i would like to have some personal feedback on Bambino and Hari Shree vidhyalaya. Have any of u admitted your child there and how is the school and curriculum, Fee Structure. Basically i wish to commute from Nungambakkam , so is it possible to travel to these schools on a daily basis for the children.

Also heard about a new school at Nungambakkam, Sharanalaya Montessori. Checked their web site too. But they mention only till KG level. Any idea whether they have upgraded till grade 5 atleast. Pls do post ur views on this. It would help me a lot.

Thanks again
    Cheers
    Jay

4. UmaNaren

UmaNaren New IL'ite

Hi, Have you obtained admissions for your kids? Sharanalaya does have Grades upto 5. The School may soon come up with an elementary Montessori for the age group of 6-12.
    Cheers.