Advantages and Disadvantages of Family planning - Need info!

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by bhuvnidhi, Feb 1, 2012.

1. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILites,

I will be delivering my second baby in April.I am hoping everything will go fine.

My qn is regarding Family planning.Recently, I have been hearing contradictory statements regarding this subject.Some advise me to go for Family planning whereas some say that there are quiet a lot of complications (including cancer) if we undergo FP procedure.I can google out to find the advantages and disadvantages, but nothing will help a person as first hand information does.

Ladies, I know a lot of us would have had this confusion and would have taken a decision based on certain facts/criteria.Could you provide those information.Also, friends who have undergone the procedure , please let me know if there are really any disadvantages undergoing FP procedure.Thank you!

2. Young@heart

Young@heart Silver IL'ite

Hi Bhuvnidhi,

Congratulations on the impending arrival...Though i must tell you that i thought you are much more older looking at the maturity in your posts....you have helped me tremendously when i first came to IL looking for solutions.

Coming to the Family Planning Procedure...i donot know the protocol in qatar (where you are based) but in India they donot do the Female Sterilisation till two children become 5 years or more of age. Also Female sterilisation is not as successful when reversed compared to male sterlisation. Female sterlisation requires hospital stay for upto two nights and male sterlisation is no stay.

I too wanted to get it done but my gyanec said no...mainly because of the age of kids (now they are 8 and 4). I had normal deliveries both time. But one of my friends had c-section the second time and told her gyanec to do sterlisation as well, her gyanec did. So basically it differs from doc to doc as well.

Instead i have found the IUD much better and easier...I donot get as much bleeding as the doc said i might get and no pain whatsoever (though it varies in my friends).

This is all i can tell you ...let me know if you have any more queries on this.

Regards and all the best for your delivery and good health of your kiddos:)

1 person likes this.
  3. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for your kind words,Young@heart !I am very happy to know that my posts have helped you.:bowdown

I have heard that the government hospitals in Qatar do not perform the Family planning procedure.But in Private hospitals we can opt for it while the doctor performs a C-section delivery.Mine being a C-section for the first kid, I assume the second one would be the same.

I am worried about the procedure itself now.People say that if we undergo the surgery for FP now, there might be health issues.I want to know whether this is true.Do you have any idea on this?My hubby is ready to undergo the procedure , but if my second delivery is going to be a C-section, I do not want him to undergo the surgery.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

bhuvana,

I had 2 c-sections, and had a fp during my second one. it was 13+ years ago. i have not had any problems because of fp though i had problems because of cysts and other things.

. my gynaec then told dh who opted for Vasectomy.since I am already being operated on, you can get your fp done..it is not going to tax her much

5. Young@heart

Young@heart Silver IL'ite

Dear Bhuvnidhi,
    Yes...it would be better if you get it done with your C-sec (if that is surely going to be).
    Regarding the procedure, I checked with my friend...she said she has had no problems so far and it was good she decided to go for it. It does save a lot of trouble, i am sure.
    Based on Shanvy Mam's reply and other feedbacks...i think you can get it done if your second delivery too is a c-sec. All the best dear.
    Regards.

1 person likes this.