1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

adoption procedures

Discussion in 'Adoption' started by platinumsweet, May 4, 2009.

1. Meenasri

Meenasri Silver IL'ite

A very helpful info...Thanks

2. lotus99

lotus99 Senior IL'ite

Hi Vidya, Is it possible at all to adopt a new born baby? I suppose this will lengthen the wait period more? Myself and my husband are keen to adopt a baby from India but having recenly lost a baby we are looking to adopt a new born. Thanks for your detailed explanation.
    Regards
    Vidya

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I am so proud of everyone here who are adopting babies. :thumbsup Apart from providing the baby love and affection it so much deserves, you are doing a great service to the community.

One question though...regarding Vidya's 4th point.

Quote: 4) Another medical certificate stating that the couple (either wife or husband or both) cannot have a biological child. In many cases, this may not be the case. They will be able to have biological children, but it may not click. Get a gynaec to give you this certificate. My advise is just get the certificate and submit it regardless of any emotional qualms. UnQuote

My husband and I have no problems whatsoever biologically. Yet, after our first baby (planning to conceive by end of 2010) we want to adopt a baby girl from back home, India. I do understand that the priority might be given to people who cannot conceive, what are my chances of achieving my dream of adopting a baby girl?

Does it mean that it would take longer than 2 years wait? I am asking this because after I deliver a child, i want to adopt another child soon...like i don't want too much age gap between my first and the second baby (through adoption)

I am asking this so that I can apply now itself, if its going to take longer than 2 years wait.

Thank you all...Again, I am so happy/proud that there are so many people here who are adopting children.

1 person likes this.
  4. mpm

mpm New IL'ite

Hi Vidya, I tried to contact the social worker, Shinja you mentioned in your post; but it went to CDIT office...Do you have an alternate contact in Kerala with respect to adoption? Thanks.

5. tiehxoxo

tiehxoxo New IL'ite

Adopting a child is a one of the best thing to do vidya. If you still have necessary questions in adopting a child in india, i do know an agency that would surely help you out. If I'm not mistaken the Indiana adoption agency of My adoption agencies.

6. jeys

jeys Junior IL'ite

Hi Vidhya,

Doing a great job. very very informative. I am from UAE married for 5.5 years and blessed with a boy baby who is 7 months old now. We are interested in adopting a girl baby age between 6 months to 1 year old. When we contacted a person here in UAE they told the baby should complete 2 years and only then we can adopt a baby. So we have to wait till mid 2011. anyway we can atleast start processing our application so that mid 2011 we can match a baby and adopt immediately. Your advise needed. I am from Chennai, TamilNadu.

Thanks
    Jeys

7. dahliav

dahliav New IL'ite

I am a 32 year old single Indian woman living in the U.S. Originally from Kerala.
    What are my chances for adopting a child from India (Kerala). I really appreciate all encouragement and support. Thanks!

8. dahliav

dahliav New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I am a 32 year old single woman living in the U.S.
    I want to adopt a child from India. I really appreciate all your guidance and encouragement on this regard.

I know it is very hard to be a single mother. But I really want to do this.

Thanks,
    Dahlia

9. Tomcrusie

Tomcrusie New IL'ite

hey...
    plzz buzz...
    Cheers...

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
  10. riya743

riya743 New IL'ite

Dear Platinumsweet,

I have seen one of my neighbour adopted a baby child from volunteer child org in hyderabad. may be you get asap results or I taken their number you may call them directly on 9912936478

1 person likes this.