Admission in PSBB KKNagar

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by barmee, Jan 7, 2009.

1. sudhashri

sudhashri New IL'ite

Did anyone receive a card today from PSBB? Not yet here. Crossing my fingers for something in tomorrow's post.

2. pinkukalps

pinkukalps New IL'ite

90% chance that you will get selection letter, btw you go to the school and check...only security will answer you ..but just give a try and check..sometimes post may have missed

3. sudhashri

sudhashri New IL'ite

Thanks for the reply. I plan to give it just one more day before checking up with the school.

I heard rumors that they process in the order of the application number. I got mine on the 3rd or 4th day so may be that has caused the delay.

4. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Hey Sudha, you seem to be as much tensed as I am...

The school does not give any information whatsoever. that rumor may just be a rumor.. because in that case I should have got it by now.. I got the application on the first day (with the first 25 applications) and submitted the application on the first submission day. so it is not based on that.

I live near to the school and I heard no one living near the school has recieved any letter. so no idea what to interpret? and I guess today is not the last day.. we might get it next week too. so dont loose hope.

where do you live?

5. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hi Pinku.. you too are still waiting right? where do you live? near the school?

Sudha, Pinku and others.. thanks for coming here with your updates.. pls continue so we know whats going on with this school..

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  6. sudhashri

sudhashri New IL'ite

Hi Arthi, thanks for your comforting reply :)

I guess you are absolutely correct - a rumor is a rumor. We all just need to wait longer for whatever card that might be.

I live in West mambalam, 3.8 Kms from PSBB. I have heard at least 10 people in this area and Kodambakkam who have received rejection letter from PSBB. I now know for sure that they are not sending according to the application number order or alphabetical order of names (probably not even area order). May be they send in some random order in order to keep the suspense ;-)

I was ready to even move over to Mylapore or something so I tried for P.S. Senior but they rejected based on current location. I really don't see a good alternative to PSBB near West Mambalam so I would rather move to somewhere near Mylapore/Adyar so that I can try some of the nice schools there, though it is a pain to move.

Thanks for keeping up the spirit. I am glad we all have some company for waiting :) Keep posting.

Cheers

7. sudhashri

sudhashri New IL'ite

I got a reject from PSBB today. Moving to Mylapore soon to look for other options.

Cheers

8. sudhashri

sudhashri New IL'ite

It looks like almost every one from West Mambalam has been rejected admission unless they fall into siblings quota. Of course, people who give KK nagar addresses have been granted admission.

Arthi, Pinku, any news from you guys?

9. Suhaguru

Suhaguru Bronze IL'ite

Hey Sudha,

PS Senior is not rejecting just bcos of location. I live within 1 km from the school and still couldnt get thru. While someone in Triplicane which could be 3-4 kms has got the admission.

Not sure what selection mechanism they use.

10. sudhashri

sudhashri New IL'ite

Hi Suhasini,

May be the one from Triplicane fell into siblings quota?

They have limited seats so I am sure some of the local guys were also rejected admission.

I have put my kid in Bamboola for Pre-KG for the time being. Hopefully we can get him a seat in one of the RA Puram/ Mylapore schools for LKG next year. Have a look at bamboolachennai.com - they are pretty good with lots of play area and seem to do a good job with the kids there. They have been appreciated by schools like DAV, Vidya mandir and PS Senior for their nice grooming of kids who moved to these schools.

Cheers
    Sudha