1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Acupuncture or IUI

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Sunshinebeauty, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Sunshinebeauty

Sunshinebeauty Gold IL'ite

Hi IL friends

I have Pcos, my periods are irregular. Should I go for acupuncture or IUI?
    Please guys suggest me. I need to conceive, as im trying for nearly3 years. Thinking about this leads to a very stressful life.:bonk

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Hi SSB,

Acupuncture helps in ovulation and very good for relaxation. I do electra-acupuncture just before ovulation. But I don't think that alone is sufficient if DH has sperm issues. I am taking acupuncture sessions with IUI, its helps a LOT to keep me relaxed..

ilt

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

4. Sunshinebeauty

Hi Tulips
    Thanks for ur reply. After going to acupuncture do u ovulate without medicines?
    My dh is perferctly alright (touchwood).

5. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Hi SSB,

I do ovulate naturally. When they monitored my ovulation cycle continuously one in 6 cycles I didnt ovulate. Thats why to ensure that I ovulate during IUIs, the doc has suggested a very low dosage of clomid (25mg). When I went to acupuncture, the therapist advised me to do basal body temperature (BBT)chart and examine the mucus. Based on the results of both it seems like I ovulated. I didn't take blood test or anything to confirm it. But the therapist did assure that her patients sees good results in ovulation after doing Acupuncture. I mainly go for Acu for relaxation. I am very anxious person, without even my knowledge I do bite my nails, and stay nervous for long time. I see very good difference after the session.

During IUI, the therapist advised for one session just after the HCG shot and another one after 6 days to help implantation. I am planning to take those for this cycle.. Fingers crossed.... :)

Good luck dear..

ilt

6. Sunshinebeauty

Hi Tulips

Thanks for the information. Wish you a success in this cycle.:thumbsup