1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Actress Esha Deol And Husband Announce Separation In A Joint Statement

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Rihana, Feb 8, 2024.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Esha Deol is Hema Malini's daughter. Esha Deol and her businessman husband Bharat Takhtani announced their separation in a nice, short jointly issued written statement recently. No crazy, corny videos like Aamir Khan & Kiran Rao did for their divorce news.

So far so good. Wishing Esha Deol and her to-be-ex-husband the best as they navigate the divorce journey and go about parenting their two girls (4 and 6 yrs old).

What got my goat however was the related news that showed up.
    When Esha Deol revealed Bharat felt neglected by her after second child: ‘It falls on you to keep the romance alive’

Quote from Esha Deol's book, Amma Mia: Stories, Advice and Recipes from One Mother to Another, that was published in 2020:
    "After my second baby, for a short while, I noticed that Bharat was cranky and irritated with me. He felt that I wasn’t giving him enough attention. It is very natural for a husband to feel this way because at that time, I was consumed with Radhya’s playschool fiasco and feeding Miraya, and I was also between writing my book and dealing with my production meetings. So, he felt neglected. And I immediately noticed the error of my ways. I remembered the times when Bharat had asked me for a new toothbrush, and it had slipped my mind, or when his shirts hadn’t been pressed or when I sent him off to work without bothering to check what he’d been given for lunch."​

What!!??!! Her both kids were under two years old, she was managing older one's playschool, feeding the younger one, writing a book, and managing some production meetings. Her husband felt "neglected" because she didn't get him the new toothbrush he had asked for, didn't manage the pressing of his shirts, and sent him to work without checking his lunch! Instead of giving him a swift kick on the behind and telling him to get his own damned toothbrush, she goes on to write in a book that she "...immediately noticed the error of my ways." :shocked:

More quote from the book:
    "He’s a man of very few needs, and if I couldn’t look after him, there was something wrong. I quickly made sure to rectify it. Bharat is different; he tells me directly, to my face, if he senses a problem. But there may be men who are not so forthcoming. It falls on you to keep the romance alive. I figured that I hadn’t gone out for date nights or a movie with him in a while. So I decided to step out of my tracks, loosen my bun, wear a nice dress and go out with him on the weekends", the Dhoom star added in the book."​

Why does it always fall on the woman to keep the romance alive? :buenrollo: Why do grown men need "looking after"? Why can't a man arrange for an evening out? Nope.. it is always up to the woman. She should arrange for child care, give instructions to the child care person, keep the childs ready, get herself ready, and then the man will "take her out for dinner." All the arranging, managing, coordinating falls to the woman. And while at dinner, she will sweetly "apologize" for checking her phone for messages from the nanny.

MalStrom likes this.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Barf!:BangHead:
    At least now she has to look after only 2 kids instead of 3.

Rihana likes this.
  3. Rihana

Barf indeed.

There's always more in such cases. Apparently in their first interview after they got married, Esha Deol and her husband dished out this nonsense:

During a chat with Filmfare, Esha had said that Bharat does not want her to put on weight. Hence they both will be joining ashtanga yoga classes.

Esha had further revealed her mom’s advice to her. She had recalled, “There’s mom’s never ending advise – you shouldn’t be sleeping late, you’ve got to wake up before your husband, help your mother-in-law, don’t give up your dance practice.

At that point, Bharat had called Esha ‘gharelu’ and loved the fact that she was cooking for him. “She takes care of my mother, her moods, she’s gelled so well. Actually, Esha’s always been gharelu though she liked to believe she was the boy of the house. She’s caring and responsible. She’s aware of what keeps me happy. I’m a foodie, I live to eat. And she sees to it that my favourite dishes are prepared at home. In fact, for someone who didn’t know how to make chai, just the other day, she cooked Khow Suey,” Bharat had said.

Source:
    When Esha Deol said that Bharat Takhtani did not want her to put on weight, Hema Malini adviced her to wake up before her husband | Hindi Movie News - Times of India

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

At least her mom didn’t advise her to go after a married man.

Rihana likes this.
  5. Rihana

:lol: I swear!

I never get over how Hema Malini publicly poses for pictures as his wife over the decades. Dharmendra is like 85+ plus now. Even now I keep getting in my newsfeed pics of them cutting cake for his b'day. And sindoor-filled maang in anniversary pictures. This is from 2022:

dm.png

She does look startlingly young for her 75 yrs age. In fact, in their mom& daughters pictures she looks more beautiful than her daughters.

MalStrom likes this.
  6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Rekha too. Clearly they’ve had work done but it’s very skilled and doesn’t look freakish. I wonder what Dharmendra’s first wife thinks of this situation.

Rihana likes this.