1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Actor Raghuvaran passes away

Discussion in 'Movies' started by ridgemma, Mar 19, 2008.

1. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 19 March , 2008, 10:07
    Raghuvaran (60) the noted character actor of Tamil cinema passed away early this morning at a private hospital in Chetpet,Chennai due to a cardiac arrest. The actor was married to actress Rohini, but the marriage failed and they went through a messy divorce. The couple has an 8 year old son Nanda.

Reghuvaran’s claim to fame was his stylized way of acting and his dialogue delivery, and had a huge following among the masses. He stole the thunder whenever he played the villain with the swagger and the way he drawled on his dialogues. Right from his first film Ezhavathu Manithan(1982), he created his own acting style.
    But it was in the role of the villain in commercial Tamil cinema that he shined, especially when he was paired with the superstar Rajinikanth in Baasha, Muthu, Arunachalam etc and was superstar’s favourite as he excelled in bad man roles in his films. The superstar knew that unless the villain was given equal importance as the hero, his character will not become popular with the masses.
    He has acted in over 100 films in Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, and Hindi films and has been praised as a natural actor. Most of his roles were of a villain or supporting actor. He has also acted as hero in a few movies, which did not do well at the box-office. He became famous with his role as the protagonist of a Tamil soap opera, "Oru Manidhanin Kadhai" (One Man's Story), about a well-to-do man who becomes an alcoholic and faces the consequent difficulties.
    Unfortunately, in real life too he is known for his controversial drug addiction. His family too split on this regard, and he has also undergone de addiction courses. Anyway he was a very colourful person. His last release was Jayaraj’s Silanerangalil (Feb 29, 2008) where he played a negative character.

My heartfelt condolences for his family !!!May his soul rest in peace

Ridge

2. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Really a sad news for raghuvaran fans.I am a great fan of raghuvaran.He was a very good villian actor.Hard to believe he is 60.

hearty condolences to his beloved son.May his soul rest in peace atleast after death.

3. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

My heart felt condolences to the family of Raghuvaran. I have seen a couple of his Hindi films. He seemed very versatile and intense.

May God give strength to his near and dear ones.

Devika

4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

This is indeed a great loss to the tamil film industry.I did not admire him a lot when he acted as villain, he did a great job though...but i liked his recent films where he has played the character artiste..It suited him well...Its so hard to believe that hes 60...
    Anyways, may his soul rest in peace..

5. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

My heart felt condolences to his family members and his fans. He was a versatile actor and created a new trend in adopting negative characters. He also had proved his acting skill doing good character roles.

6. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Regarding his age, some magazines say he is 49. Not sure.

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Very sad to hear the news.
    May his soul rest in peace...

sriniketan

8. Jlatch

Jlatch New IL'ite

He's a very talented & versatile actor and it would be a great loss to film industry. May his soul rest in peace.

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

some actors never age in our mind, surprised to see he is 60 any way he will live on he is among men who leave behind legacies ....may his soul rest in peace, the world itself is a drama and he was an actor in the lifes drama itself he may have gone out of the scene here but never in the mind of people who are ardent fan to him....sunkan

[​IMG]

10. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

very sad to hear the news
    also suprised to see his age in the news
    he was looking highly handsome and modest in his
    debut movie-Ezhavathu manithan
    also did a decent job in Anjali
    his style is all mimicry artists' favourite
    may his soul rest in peace