Activities to engage bored Kids /Elders!

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Singapore' started by laksh252000, Sep 12, 2008.

1. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

Re: How to engage children at home??

thank you kamini.

2. siddharth

siddharth New IL'ite

How to engage my dad to help cheer him up???

Hi Friends,

As always i come to this forum when i doubt or when i need inputs...

My situation is like this...my dad retired last year and came to stay with us 3 months ago...he is currently on long term social visit pass...

He is feeling too down staying at home and keeps reminding me that he is not able to sit at home and wants to work...he is telling that any job is fine with him...security officer, some local job in a shop etc...ofcourse when he gets a job we will get the visit pass converted for him to some kind of work pass...

He was in governmental job till he retired in chennai...educated at B.A;B.L level and ok in english and fluent in tamil...

He is 61 years old but active like a 50 year old...

I kind of feel sad for him and understand his state...i feel that if he works for himself for an year or so here then he will feel happy with himself and his body will automatically give him signals to stop when time comes...

Is it possible to find him a job? Whats your opinion and suggestion?

Kindly provide inputs.

Thanks & Regds,
    Sidd

3. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

Re: How to engage my dad to help cheer him up???

Hi

In Bishan Blk 106 there is a Indian Grocery store. The owner is looking out for a person to look after the shop for half a day. Just give it a short.

4. siddharth

siddharth New IL'ite

Hi Suja,

Thanks a ton for the info...

I will pass on the info to my dad and ask him to visit the place tomorrow for sure.

Regds,
    Sidd

5. siddharth

siddharth New IL'ite

Hi Suja,

We went and visited the shop in blk 106 last saturday but the owner mentioned that there was no such opening...

But i have to sincerely thank you for providing such a lead...it gave me the opportunity to travel with my dad and understand his interest in working till the end of his life...I got inspired when he said that work is like worship and he is looking forward to lead an active life...

Please pass me on if anything comes up...

Thanks and have a nice day.

Regds,
    Sidd

6. blatha

blatha Junior IL'ite

Hi,

May be a bit late. But still I have a good suggestion. If money is not the criteria and if the only intention is to keep your dad engaged, then my suggestion is to try Annalakshmi restaurant, Chinatown. You should have definitely heard about that, it is a voluntary service and lots of high class people serve there in many aspects. You can get in contact with them. Your dad will not only get a chance to meet lot of people, but also will get self satisfaction to do this service.

Latha

7. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

hai siddharth
    Nice to see a son who is working hard to make his dad self satisfed and happy at his retired age .:thumbsup

Fine , my friend is in need of a peron for his grocery shop at bedok near mrt . If he is interested u can ask him to contact him at his number 96384620 . The work may be in shift basis . Talk with him ad he may give u full details.
    rgds
    Chamu

8. siddharth

siddharth New IL'ite

Hi Chamu,

Thanks for the input...iam really sorry for logging in to the forum so late...

I have received valuable tips from others as well...

My dad is on LTSVP and so he is constrained with that point...him being a lawyer he is trying in law firms too but 61 is not the age for that....any grocery shop, small time job will boost him very much...

I will try in bedok shop and see what happens...thanks again.

Regds,
    Sidd

9. Tianna

Tianna Senior IL'ite

Hi Siddarth,
    As your father is on LTSVP he needs either E or S pass to work in Singapore... I'm sure you are aware of the above..
    Sorry a small editing
    Work Permit or E/P pass is needed

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  10. lesasue86

lesasue86 New IL'ite

Hi! I feel very sorry for your dad? I think you should send him India once. May be he is missing his native land. At this age people usually want to stay in their own place and country. Don't mind just a suggestion