1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Act of kindness

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ansh12, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ansh
    Thank you for sharing with us a very heart-warming experience of yours. In Chennai, I have seen autos plying with the message,'No charge for pregnant women going for delivery' but I wonder if they really mean it knowing how greedy they otherwise are. Occasionally we read about auto drivers handing over valuables left by the passengers in their autos to the Police and get rewarded for it too. When we hear of such incidents as narrated by you, we realise that all is not lost yet and there is still hope of redemption for mankind.
    Significantly, such acts of honesty are seen more among the poor than better placed people. Just as I was typing this fb, my servantmaid handed over to me a wet Rs20/- note saying it was in the uniform of my grand daughter given to her for washing. Instinctively I kept it safely tucked inside a book for drying it when I could have asked her to keep it as my gift.
    Sri

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Ansh,

Wanted to reply in the morning itself. A small act of kindness get paid multifold..in most of the cases...infact veda(answer to that question has been announced..so no probls) had written an blog on the same topic A little act of kindness - IndusLadies

Now coming to my experiences...

I have helped a lot of people and as veda says I got help from unknown circles...

Let me tell you my incident..It happened when veda was in bahrain. me in chennai taking care of mil who was undergoing dialysis, and had been bed ridden. my kids were 7 and 4. so one day I had severe stomach pain which i had thought was pms...and then when it was unbearable had to go to the doctor..went to the doctor..while returning back there was this auto wallah who saw me looking so pale and sick and he asked me details..i told him i had to go and take a scan as the doctors suspected a torsion that is a rupture of cysts or tumor...and I did not have the money...he took me home.. asked me to wait in the auto as my flat was in the first floor...he told my fil that i wanted a bottle of water and some money..fil came and gave..i went to the scan with my 7 year old daughter...the result was a burst with me being flooded with blood..the auto walah took me back to the doctor..and the doctor said u have to get admitted in the hospital immediately and get operated..this man was waiting patiently outside the clinic. and then he took me back home waited there to take me to the hospital..I got my FIl sign the high risk form and sent him back to take care of mil, and kids...and got admitted alone.(well let me not bore with the other details...).this auto walah waited until i was settled in the hospital and left. the next day he visited me...and he took money after i got discharged....so this is act of kindness that i recieved....
    :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown
    I have been a lot of times at the giving end...so god has been kind enough to send souls that reciprocate all the time...
    I have been able to operate a blood donation camp for every bottle of blood that was given to my mil at the end through the friends, friends of friends sitting at bahrain over phone.....for which i have bow down to all of them..Bow

Kabhie jaan pehchan waley ban jaatey hain beganne,
    aur Anjaane log ban jaatey hai bagawan.....

Well could go on but let me stop here....

3. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Thanks for replying.I totally at loss of words as to how to thank you for posting a reply.

Thanks a lot

Best wishes
    Ansh

4. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanvy

That was said in lighter vein about the answers.

I will surely read the blog.

As said by Cheeniya Sir that sometimes poor help much more than well placed and I have been fortunate to get such help from many people.

GOd has been kind in many way.

Relished reading your experience.

Thanks for sharing
    Ansh

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi Ansh,

Nice post dear an eyeopener to most!! there are many in the world who do something for their own ulterior motives but so few who are so selfless in their act of kindness. Like my granny used to say a real do gooder is one who gives away somthing without his left hand knowing what his right hand has given .I mean they are not looking for accolades and applause but derive plain pleasure from bringing a smile on someone's face.A warm salute to all those who help others without expecting anythng in return.

God Bless,
    Devika

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  6. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

The biggest difference between the educated and the uneducated is the math.

There is difference in their mathematics. The educated are good at calculations bcoz of their education and the others are poor at it since they have not been taught formally.

All the moves, gestures and other acts of an educated person is calculative whereas the uneducated person does it out of his own instincts. They don't know how the calculate the profit n loss, hence their act is all positive.

Roopa.

7. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Roopa

Thanks for your FB, I am happy I received your reply.

Slowly, I am getting introduced to all the gems of Indusladies and it is making me greedy a bit. My greed for getting the post, motivation, encouragement and appreciation increases day by day.

I feel at home.

Thanks a lot
    Ansh

8. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Devika

Thanks for FB. "Old is Gold" and so are their experiences and advise are valuable. I totally agree with your Grandma.

Today for the whole day, your "the stalker" has been ringing in my mind. I will remember it for years to come and will surely narrate it to my daughter

Best wishes
    Ansh

9. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Ansh,
    You write so well. This incident was definitely an act of kindness.I too have some good and kind experiences with auto wallas in chennai.It was in the month of Nov.I was in class 8 then.Chennai had seen severe rains and the entire road was flooded with water from near by lakes.My school starts at 8.15 am and it was already 8.05am The road that connected my school was flooded-knee deep water.There was an auto which passed by and i was moving to the left side of the road in order to avoid splash.The auto walla dropped an old lady at a few meters and signalled to me that he will pick me up.I told him that i have no money.There was a school girl inside the auto(different school) in the same locality.He told me its okay.I will drop you in the school and he did dutifully.I was in school by 8.10 am.I thanked him for his kind gesture.

10. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Aishu

Thanks for compliments. I think I have to learn a lot as far as writing and expressing myself is concerned.

Thanks for remembering an unknown soul who helped you.

We might not be able to repay them , but atleast we can remeber their goodness and kindness.

Best wishes
    Ansh