1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Acadia, Mount Desert, Maine.

Discussion in 'Drawings / Sketchings / Photography' started by anupartha, Jul 20, 2016.

1. anupartha

anupartha Gold IL'ite

Acadia National Park is on Maine's Mount Desert Island, with a landscape marked by the Cadillac mountain, the highest point on the United States East Coast, and the first place to view sunrise. Tho it was only August, the wind chill was quite harsh. Got up @ 4.30 and drove up the mountain to catch the first ray, and pre dawn drama. The place was packed with people carrying camera, and it was tough finding a strategic point to capture the natures grand morning show. It was worth all the discomfort.
    Enjoy what I enjoyed. DSC_0029.JPG DSC_0043.JPG DSC_0046 copy.jpg DSC_0053.JPG DSC_0060.JPG

2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Ooh... anupartha lovely it is. As such Maine is itself heavenly in Summer. And the top of Cadillac Mountain oh my I will not be surprised if one is carried away by the wind. I did miss seeing the sunrise and thanks for sharing the same. Heavenly bliss.

Amica, anupartha and Sairindhri like this.
  3. anupartha

anupartha Gold IL'ite

:)..Thank you. I wanted to go there for fall..but I dunno if I will be able to brave the cold. And winter is heaven on earth I was told. And images shared by some of my photography forum friends have made me long for it..some day..

KashmirFlower and jskls like this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Fall colors are so admirable. Winter is sure heaven on earth if you are watching the scenic view from inside a closed vehicle. If you get an opportunity do visit the white mountain area either in fall or winter.

5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful clicks, @anupartha! :thumbsup:

I love Acadia! I remember watching the sunrise on Cadillac, shivering and wishing I had worn a heavier coat.