1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Abusive Husband!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by somam16, May 3, 2017.

1. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

@DXBDesi, dude why i am getting this feeling that the next line u wud post to OP thru private messenger is - here i am to lend my shoulder, if u need help ( wherein u might be trying to start an affair with OP)....sorry dude, u r in bad luck, there r too many smart ladies here including well versed attorneys, too good at catching cheats n lies ..LOL.

Ladies, be wary of any man who asks u do u have someone to talk to as i m also in a similar situation..LOL ..LOL...some desi men never change ..double LOL !!

KashmirFlower likes this.
  2. samsWait

samsWait Silver IL'ite

If you want children marry by mid 30s. You seem to be way out of touch with how female fertility works. Ask people in 35-45 brackets who are active in infertility forums.What is needed is not marry later but eradicating society's stigma around divorce.

Naari and Sandycandy like this.
  3. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Yes.
    Indian society stigma about divorce has to be eradicated.not easy though.

4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Bingo ! Once the stigma around divorce ceases to exist women will be in a better position to walk out of abusive marriages with their heads held high. On a side note ,a lot of the replies to the OP seem very judgemental and condescending . Sigh !

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Doesn't seem to be the case going by a quick read of DXBDesi's posts in IL. Do you have some basis for the above speculation?

Naari and rachaputi like this.
  6. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

I fail to understand your statement. What's wrong in getting married later in life, only after finding the right man and not marry the wrong one just because of the age factor. Do you think having and raising a kid with a man who is not loving enough is easy? Both on the woman and the kid?

Infertility is something that can affect a woman in her 20's or for that matter, a man too. It is not right to push a woman to get married for whatever reasons.

dia3 likes this.
  7. samsWait

samsWait Silver IL'ite

It is easier to talk ideally but practically a female's body clock has limited time. And if your infertile if you are below 35 you have more probability to conceive than if you are above 35. And it is nice to know your status beforehand so there will be no heartaches. But of course if you do not want kids or if adopting is ok for you then marriage is for companionship and can get married at any age

8. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

Well, to each her own! I am not even 35 and I have had a long history of issues with conceiving. I know people who are well into their forties and still got pregnant accidentally.

dia3 likes this.
  9. Sani12

Sani12 Bronze IL'ite

You husband has anger problems it seems. Have you tried to talking to elders or taking him counselling? Using slang words are NOT HEALTHY in a relationship

10. NeerjaC

NeerjaC Silver IL'ite

@somam16
    It seems like your problem has gotten lost the various discussions going on this thread! :blush::blush:
    It's hard to walk away from a marriage, no one really knows what goes on in a marriage except the husband and wife.

It's easy for us to say - get a job! get a divorce! What do you want to do? If you had a choice right now, what would you choose? To walk away or to try and work things out?

Staying in an abusive marriage for your children is the biggest mistake women make. What are you teaching your daughter? That it's ok to be treated like a doormat? That it's ok for a man to be mentally and emotionally abusive? Is this the image of marriage you want your daughter to have?

What happens when she grows up? God forbid, if she ends up in an abusive marriage, what would you expect her to do? The answer for me is simple - I would tell her to walk away. But in order to give her the strength and courage and confidence to make decisions like that, you need to be strong first. You need to love yourself and put yourself first. You need to show your daughter how to be strong, how to be the mistress of her own destiny.

Do what is right for you and show your daughter that her mother is a strong and she doesn't need to put up any BS from anyone. You deserve to be treated with respect and if you don't get the respect, first demand it and if that doesn't work then walk away.

BhumiBabe and Sandycandy like this.