About The Recipes Index

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by sunitha, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It's there - check the 2nd message

Hi Seetha,

Caramel Payasam is in there in the recipes index thread in the 2nd message under 'Elegant desserts'. Check out...

2. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

potato sambar

hi,
    when i click on potato sambar iget to see idli sambar.please notethis. thank you. meenu

3. Induslady

Tiffin sambars...

Hi Meenu,

This message Tiffin Sambars-for Idli, Dosa, etc. includes many varieties of sambars of which Potato Sambar is listed the 2nd last.

I could have got this indexed as just 'Tiffin Sambars', but I thought it is better to list in the index all the type of Sambars included in that message though they would all point to the same message(indexing can be done only at the message level!). I thought this would atleast give members an immediate access to all the sambar recipes Chitvish has posted and they would not go back to her asking to repeat the same.

Please do understand that we are indexing in the best possible method for the convenience of the members.

4. Seetha3

Seetha3 Senior IL'ite

Hi Induslady Team:There are some tips posted by Mrs Chithra in the ask Chitvish column about upma , rasmalai etc. Is there anyway it can be moved to the Tips section?

Can volunteer help need be!!

Thanks

Seetha

5. Usha Sridhar

Usha Sridhar Senior IL'ite

Not able to catch up

It is pretty surprising that the index is not able to catch up with Mrs. Chithra's speed of sending us recipes. It does not seem to be updated everyday.More often than not we have to dig deep into each thread to see if we are upto date with all the recipes. Come on - buck up IL administrator - you cannot always be the tortoise in the race !

6. Induslady

We try our best!

Usha,

Yes, Mrs. Chithra is very dedicated and pretty fast with posting interesting and variety of recipes. We are trying our best to have everything indexed at the earliest. But we both are in different time zones and that adds to the index getting a bit late.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2005
  7. Usha Sridhar

Usha Sridhar Senior IL'ite

Well Done

Congrats. You seem to have pulled the trick out of your sleeve! Since last week I seem to notice that the index is getting updated almost simultaneously with the recipe . Keep up the good work!!

Usha Sridhar

8. Induslady

Thanks for the feedback! Credit goes to...

Thank you, Usha. We want to live to our members expectations.

But this time the full credit of speeding up with the index goes to Mrs. Chithra. She is wonderful in accepting to update the index too along with posting new recipes. Thank you, Mrs. Chithra.

9. Seetha3

Seetha3 Senior IL'ite

Dear IL administrator:
    Kindly note that the garam masala recipe in the cook and bake doesnt show up in the Index recipe.

Thanks

Seetha

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Name of dish

Dear Induslady,

Congrats on the great work done so far, the site is becoming better by the day.

I have a request. I get Chitvish recipes by e-mail. But while the link to the recipe is given, the recipe does not show the title. I think the name of the dish on the mssg title window does not show up. Can u do something abt this?

Thanking you
    sincerely
    Vidya