1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Abhiwarya !!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Kavta, Oct 25, 2007.

1. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Hi Eswari,

Its all thanks to Kavta who started this thread about Bollywood's most popular couple.
    I just keep on adding my inputs

2. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Hi Daffodil...your posts are adding much life to this thread.
    Loved your collections.
    One more thing....
    your profic pic really speaks lots of sense ;-)..loved it too.

Cheers..

3. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Bollywood Gossip : Now it can be told. The star-price war has escalated to an all-time high. With Aishwarya Rai-Bachchan carrying home a pay packet of Rs 4 crores for her proposed stint as Rajnikanth's leading lady in Shankar's Robot, the lady has now become the highest-paid actress of Indian cinema.

A source very close to Aishwarya says, "The media has got it all wrong. Ash has actually received twice the amount quoted in papers and on websites as her fee for Robot. Yes, it's close to Rs 4 crores. And she's very amused when she reads about this and that actress being the highest-paid actress in Bollywood. With three hits in a row (Guru, Dhoom 2 and Jodhaa Akbar) Ash's equity as a Rai and a Bachchan have gone through the roof. If she wants she can preen about her successes. But that's not her style. However, she takes strong exception to Bipasha Basu's quotes that she (Ash) had to 'hang around' to get into the international circuit. Ash has been regularly offered international projects, from Provoked to Mistress Of Spices to Bride & Prejudice to Last Legion to Pink Panther. In fact, all the other international assignments that have gone to other Bollywood actresses-including the honour of hosting the 7Wonders Of The World event in Lisbon with Ben Kingsley-have gone to Ash first. It's just that she feels awkward talking about herself."

As for her astronomical fee for Robot another source close to the project says, "It is no surprise that Aishwarya is getting 4 crores. It's still chicken-feed compared with what Rajnikanth gets paid. He takes home Rs 15 crores plus fifty percent of his film's profits. But still he cannot make a film commercially viable outside the Tamilian belt on his own. The dubbed Hindi version of Chandramukhi came and went. And Rajni's biggest hit Shivaji is in no hurry to be released in Hindi. With Ash in Robot it looks like an attractive non-regional film."

source:Bollywood Gossips - Latest Bollywood Gossip, Bollywood News, Bollywood Movie Reviews, Bollywood Celebrities

4. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi gud work kavta....

If Ash is carrying 4 cr, then our Superstar is carryig 150 cr itseems.. read in newspaper.. :wink:

But thanks for posting Ash's pics, i like dis couple... mainly Ash, she's so adorable!!

5. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

I think its 15crores not 150 ??

6. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Bhabhi ho tho Asi

[​IMG]

Ashishwarya Rai has become a perfect Bachchan bahu after her marriage. She is not just a loving and committed daughter-in-law but also a great companion for Abhishek. Being a Bachchan bahu she also taken care of those who are close to them. Aishwarya unveiled the first look of Summer 2007 and gave her best wishes to Sikandar Kher, who is like a younger brother of Abhishek.

This was for the first time the audience got to see a different side of Aishwarya Rai. She was not a guest rather it was like a family affair for her. Interestingly Ash has always been seen as a sophisticated more professional guest but this time she was more bindaas . She was smiling, cheering and giggling all the time.

The most amazing part of the event was when she unveiled his look, the glass shattering saw some shards of glass hit Sikandar. He got hurt on his left cheek and later started bleeding. Being an archetypal bhabhi, Ash was concerned about Sikandar. She immediately asked for tissues and wiped his cheek. “See Sikku has given his blood for this movie” she quipped. She looked so concerned for Sikandar whom she calls Sikku.

She explained the reason for being at the event. “Sikku and the rest of his family are my family. They are a part of our lives and it gives me immense joy to be here at such a momentous occasion in Sikku’s life.”

She further explains that Sikander is like a younger brother to Abhishek. “He is Abhishek’s baby brother. I am here more for personal reasons than anything else. He is getting into films and I want to give him me and my family’s best wishes. Abhishek wanted to be here too but he couldn’t make it so I am here representing the two of us!” says Bhabhi Ash.

“First time I saw him on the sets of Mohabbatein. They all used to hang out on Sundays. He was a young shy, sweet and quite a kid then! And then I met him again during Devdas. But I’ve actually got to know him the best as Abhishek’s younger brother. He used to be with Abhishek even when we were shooting for Kuch Na Kaho .” She reminisces.

7. aproop

aproop Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kavta,

WOW!.....really amazing posts & pixs... I lovd them all.....

thanx for ur gud work.

love,
    anu

8. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Kavta,

Good photos!

Personal life apart..Aish is so lovely! What a difference between the Miss. World contest one and the present one! She looks more beautiful now, I think...Make-up got professionalised....

Thanks for sharing...

Thanks to all who shared photos...

9. kalakshetra

kalakshetra Senior IL'ite

Dear Kavta

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing all the info about Ash and Abhi. Good collection of photos. Thank you.

10. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Pics from Cannes festival 08:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]