Aandals Thiruppavai - 2

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by varalotti, Mar 1, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ladies,

At last I was successful in uploading this audio-zip file containing the second part of Thiruppavai.
    regards,
    sridhar

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

VEry well done recitations. You have good voice so am sure if you had sung it, it would have been good too. And anyway, you don't have to worry about IL calling the poilce, thats not possible!!:tongue

Vandhana

3. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Thanks for starting such a divine thread with Aandal's Thiruppavai. Listening to the recitation has made my day. I was infact searching the web for Thiruppavai audio recitation chanting which was not in the form of a song. Please post the recitation of all 30 verses.

GOdhA Tasyai Nama idhamidham bhUya yEvAsthu BhUya (May I offer my obeisance again and again to Goddess ANDAL alias
    <TT>GOdhA)</TT>

Regards,
    Sihi

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Varalotti for all the trouble you have taken so that we can also hear you chant the Thiruppavai.

You have done a good job, now we know how you sound:) The picture is somewhat complete. Like Vandhana says, you can go ahead and sing. We cannot set the police behind you even if we want to:))

Besides, azhagiya Andal amman will never let us:)

L, Kamla

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Very impressive,Varalotti. You enunciate Tamil so well, you have been abundantly blessed in all fine arts by Saraswathi Devi. Amazing how much you do for IL. Thank you for taking so much trouble. Pls chant other pasurams and post them or else we will have the cops on you. Actually, your voice is very different from what I expected when I saw your photo. You don't sound like an accountant.

6. varalotti

Thanks Vandhana!

Dear Vandhana,

Thanks for those kind words. Well, I knew for sure that IL could not have called the Police. Thats why I took the risk of posting the audio file.

I failed several times in my attempts. But finally when it got uploaded there was a feeling that the effort was worth the while.

Thanks again,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Thanks Sihi

Dear Sihi,

It is very apt of you to have posted from the sanskrit "thaniyan" for thiruppavai. Well, I cant sing is one thing. But when someone sings Thiruppavai (like MS or Bombay Jayashree) we tend to lose ourselves in the music. In a highly devotional song like Thiruppavai music distracts us from the depth of its meaning. I would rather prefer chanting. I am happy to see that you also prefer the same.

Well, Sihi, with the blessings of Kodha Nachiar, I will post all the 30 verses, their English rendering, transliteration and chanting.

I want you to offer your sincere prayers to Aandal for the success of this mamooth undertaking.

regards,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Thanks Kamla!

Reading the FB posts from all the loving ILites has made all the problems I had with my system worth the while. I had to initialise the microphone and then activate my sound recorder which I had not used for the past one year. Then I had the file ready but IL will not accept that kind of a size.

So like a sound engineer I went to my sound file and made it into two (by cutting and editing) and then zipped them (because IL does not accept a .wav format) and then post it. The idea of my explaining my efforts is that if any of you want to sing the paasuram these hints may be useful.

Thanks Kamla once again for your words of kindness and inspiration. For artists like me they are the staple food.

L.,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Thanks, Vidya!

I am happy that I could use my blessings for the happiness of the ILites. As I have been repeatedly saying, now I feel all the efforts have been worth the while.

In fact I hurriedly wrote a couple of mails to Malathy to do something about the problem. But then, thanks to Aandals grace, I was able to work around the problem and get it done.

I am afraid of the cops, so I will post all the 30 paasurams. Hopefully before this evening I will post the chanting of the earlier paasuram.

My voice is different and sounds good till the moment I open it for singing. You know if I want to threaten or frighten my wife I dont have to shout or yell. I just sing and she does whatever I want her to do. Idhu eppadi irukku?

regards,
    varalotti

10. varalotti

Audio File of The Other Paasuram Also Uploaded!

Most Gracious ILites,

I have uploaded the chanting of the other paasuram (Aandals Thiruppavai 1) which is actually the 9th song in Thiruppavai in that file.

You are most welcome to listen to that chanting and post your views.

regards,
    sridhar