1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Aaaahhh!! My Bitter Heart

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sushmavja, Nov 18, 2011.

1. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

How i wish my husband was sweet as his name.:exactly:you guessed it right. His name has Madhu in it. But in reality he us not sweet atleat to me. He never leaves any stone untouched to pull my leg.
    Before i continue here, i should make you wary of the assumptions made by husband and the truths.
    Assumption No 1: He is slim
    Truth No 1: He is of medium built with a projecting petuu(stomach)

Assumption No 2: I am very very fat
    Truth No 2: I am fat but not very fat and i have become fat after Baby A happened n i had a c-section(good excuse na)

Assumption 3: He is very fair to me.
    Truth No 3: He was fairer to me ( by a shade say of the Fair n Lovely Fairness Meter) at the time of marriage as he was in US for quite some time.After coming to bangalore because of the water he has become dark and now i look a shade fairer to him.

Given the information ( come on guys, it is accurate to the best of my knowledge and vision), i am telling you some scenes between us.

Scene 1: We are travelling by Metro Green Line.This had started operating around 20-22 days back.Earlier there was only Red Line.We were getting down the escalators when we heard a sound of friction.
    Me: wht's this??
    He: "The RTA(roads n transport authority) guys are performing a stress/load test on the escalator to determine the max load the escalator can take.now that you have stepped on it they know what is the max it can take..I guess the Green Line would be soon closed".
    Me:Witsend

Scene 2: This happened as recently as an hour back. We both are watching TV. we have no plans of staying here for a long term so we have just enough furniture. In the TV i saw a bean bag.
    Me: how nice if we had a bean bag and i would enjoy sitting on it watching TV
    He: All my salary would have been spent in buying the beans for bean bag because if u sit i have to replace it every other day.
    Me::rant

Scene 3: the other day we were watching some serial where a lady really very fat was telling her husband on how he should go about the arrangements of their daughter's marriage.the husband was nodding n saying yes to everything.
    Me: see this,husbands should listen to their wives.
    He: that day is not far dear. very soon (it wont take till our dd's marriage)that u will be as fat as her and i will have no other option but listen to you
    Me::bang

With all these conversations happening daily, i love him like I love the bitter karela!!:thumbsup. Guess i got used to it now. Initial days of marriage i really felt very very bad about his comments but now i dont care and play some reverse strategy.

friends,keep coming here to see many more such scenes which will be posted very frequently. Next few would be about our complexion!!

Cheers,.
    Sush

16 people like this.

2. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Humorous and well written post.

2 people like this.
  3. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

hmm.. same here.. me and hubby are not fat but little well built.. both are 5/6 kgs more that ideal weight.. the only advantage he has is , he is tall (5 11') and i am average height (5 3')

he always pulls my leg .. he wont say i am fat but in indirect form

1) he will start his 2 wheeler and say "my vehicle is not moving after u sit.. shabbaa" :)
    2) chumma when i sit on his lap, he will say " i am not able to bear the pain.. its bcoming numb".. i used to tell him, even my father who is small built was able to bear me when i sat on his lap during marriage.. he he
    3) he will try to hug me and say my hands are not enough to hug u .. stupid guy..

the list goes on.. then one day i gave back, see you are tall and u don't look fat bcos ur weight is distributed around all areas and me being short, it looks i am little chubby ;)

my bad.. my extra weight is all around my madhya pradesh i.e. hip/waist ;)

2 people like this.
  4. iCool

iCool Senior IL'ite

Super Sushmavja…
    I enjoyed all the scenes of sweet little fight that you had with your DH
    Thanks
    iCool

1 person likes this.
  5. sushmavja

thank you raji for liking my post..

6. sushmavja

dear anjana,
    i copy paste your 3rd scene..my BH always says that.thanks for passing by.we will have to now start pulling their legs.All the best dear

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Hilarious post Sushma dear waiting to read your other posts

1 person likes this.
  8. sushmavja

dear icool thanks a ton.

9. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Hillarious post sushmavja...enjoyed it to the core...
    Enjoy your life fully with your DH..

10. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

It was soooooo hilarious that I could not stop laughing Sushma.:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

Eagerly waiting to read your posts ahead.:thumbsup

My Dh also loves to pull my leg always. I used to feel sooooooooo bad in early days of our marriage.
    Whenever I ask him, "Why do you try to pick me up always?":rant

The only answer I get is, "I can do this only to you bcos if I try on others, they will definitely bang me up." :bonk

Now I am used to them and rather enjoy them a lot and trying to rebounce his picks.:exactly:

Regards,
    Latha.