1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Voyage into the Unknown

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Re: A Voyage into the Unknown - Part 3

Dear Satchi,

What a blog, stupendous really,what all u had to go thru, the guts u had to stay so long, and survive eh ! The part about PAD and if u have spare money give it to me, HAHA, the humour, the lesson learnt, jsut too good.

My first visit to london in 98, i arrived from Spain, in the evening, was booked in BA, next morning. my SIL had just shifted toi london, she told me i will come to pick u up, i said i will come on my own.

At Gatwick, i went to the train counter, the lady said there are 3 trains to St. John's Wood, 15 pound train will take 15 mins, 8 pound will take 30 mins, 3 pound train will take an hour, i said to thje lady, i dont mind a cheap ticket , i dont mind if it takes 2 hours to reach, and she looked at me in horror. i then told her, my flight is for tomm mornign back, so i am in no horry to reach !

And the train was so good, the journey wonderful.

And the nedt day she called for a private cab, 20 pounds i paid for a 40 min drive, she would not let me go by train, which i would never mind to travel for they are so fast and good.So unklike here.

Regards

kamal

2. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Wow Satchi.. A really nice write up. Full of facts and observations, and the descriptions so ripe that I felt as though I myself was experiencing it. Great one..

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks so much Periamma for peeping in. Really nice to know that you could identify with what I went through. I agree with you Periamma, when you say that experience is what toughens us. As they say, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going".

4. satchitananda

Dear CL, thanks a lot for the lovely feed back and the appreciation.

Nice to know you lived in London. May be we should visit it together sometime. I miss it too. I went back once for my viva. I often dream I am on the tube and trying to get somewhere. Dreams of London are very frequent. I would go to the extent of saying it counts as a second home.

To answer your questions:

I did my M.Phil in Virology. When I went to the department on the first day, there was a message from my friend. So I called him back and he was profusely apologetic. The problem had been because he mixed up between early morning 13th and night of 13th - 14th. Anyway, after that I spent a lot of time with him and his girlfriend (now his wife) and we had some memorable times together.

Unfortunately although I made many friends there, I lost touch with many and wish I could find them once again. I am still in touch with this friend and his family.

Lovely to share my experiences with you. :)

5. satchitananda

Thanks Jothi. Am really happy that you could relate to the story. :)

6. satchitananda

Dear Mira,

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Well, I don't know whether an ego is a bad thing altogether. If I did not have fears of losing face and did not put on an appearance of "Oh, I'll manage", I guess I would not have had the most wonderful years in my life. So I guess in this case, for once, my ego was my salvation. :)

7. satchitananda

Thanks a lot Kamalji. All modes of transport in the UK are wonderful. I firmly believe one should enjoy each and every experience it has to offer. I would really have loved to be a fly on the wall to see the lady's expression when you asked for the cheapest mode of transport. Though I am sure many Brits would have done the same if they were not pressed for time.

8. satchitananda

Thanks a lot Mathu for the appreciative feed back. :)

9. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Satchi....

Your writing was wonderful and i was having a feeling as if i am travelling to UK.
    It will be really helpful for those who are going to travel to UK for the first time.

Its my interest to visit UK at least once in my life time and i wish it should happen soon.

Waiting for your next experience.

10. satchitananda

Thanks so much Uma for the feedback. I wish your desire is fulfilled very soon. It is really a place worth a visit.