1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Visit To Kapaleeshwarar Temple Today - Experience

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rya, Apr 27, 2016.

1. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

Today my husband had a tight work near mylapore so he said he has to go there for a meeting. since i am a temple worm, immediately i could recognise the beautiful temples like sai baba temple, kapaleeshwarar temple, mundahakanni amman temple, madhava perumal temple, ragavendra matam, and kolavizhi amman temple. whenever he goes to mylapore i always ask for lift, so he will drop me at any of these temples. wile returning from meeting, he used to pick me up in the same way. today i wanted to go to kapaleeshwarar temple. after all the traffic troubles, we could reach the temple. i got down and walked straight directly to ganesha sannidhi and i could see a lot of foreigners visiting the temple. on the backside of sannidhis we can see cows being fed and it was really beautiful to see the temple painted freshly. while in my childhood, i even had the experience of seeing beautiful peococks roaming in the temple. but nowadays, we cannot see peacocks there. gopura darisanam kodi punniyam - so i did with all my heart. since the time was 4:00 pm that was the time the temple got opened. i walked around the sannidhis and prayed shiva, vinayaga, and muruga. while going towards karpagambal and namashivaya main sannidhis there was a big queue. so i started to follow the queue standing for a little longer time. after finishing karpagambal sannidhi worship , while everybody was going towards lord shivas sannidhi , we were entering the entrance of main shiva deity. at that time, abishekam was about to start and all people including me and behind me were very eagerly waiting to see lord shiva abishekam. suddenly a rush of people were allowed from other side, that is from the exit the people were entering the sannidhi directly within few minutes and blocked totally the place nearby the main sannidhi. everybody got agitated by seeing the rush entering from the exit side to see abishekam. as a result of a bunch of people entered the sannidhi, the people behind me including me could not see the abishekam despite waiting for a long time in the queue. a person on the other side allowed these people. everybody got frustrated and disappointed. that too old people desperately wanted to see the abishekam but did not get the opportunity to see the abishekam. after the bunch of people returned towards exit, after seeing the abishekam, the queue moved. but by the time we came near by the god's sannidhi, it was closed. nobody could see the abishekam as well as the god, even after waiting for a long time. this really disturbed me and that is why i have written this article. old people and poor people including those who could not walk properly, waited for a long time and returned with a greater disappointment without even seeing the god. i dont know when this situation will change? god only knows.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    sindmani, jskls and kaniths like this.