1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Virus Inside The Heart!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, May 9, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Many of you may be thinking that this blog is a story, or at best an exaggeration. No it is not. It's an actual incident. The Engineer is my friend.

I mailed the links to him and requested him over phone to read the blog.

He was very much moved by the narration. He sought my appointment at 6 15 at home. I readily gave it to him.

He walked in a little late and stuffed a packet in my arms.

"A small gift for the hands that wrote that beautiful blog."
    It was a Parker Vector Steel ball pen which should have costed him three hundred bucks.
    I first refused the gift. I told him that my narrating the incident to me and by allowing me to share it with you all was in itself a gift. But he insisted I should accept it.
    Then I asked his permission to post about him. He refused. I asked him again and again.
    Finally he agreed to let me post about the gift and his coming to meet me.

"That way, Sridhar Sir, the ladies would know that the incident was real. That might make them even think, "When a hardware engineer hardened by life can do it why can't I?"

We discussed about the latest laptops available in the market for a while. He took leave thanking me once again for the blog.

love,
    sridhar

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

A very interesting as well as touching story. It is even more interesting to note that this is a "true story"(The inverted commas are only because I the description is an oxymoron).. Hats off to the engineer for being so kind hearted, so positive, so willing to stake his reputation and so willing to take a risk. There are very few people of this kind these days.

Having said that, I only wish all people were so easy to reform. It is very sad to see many people these days who do not seem to respond to kindness and end up taking undue advantage of it. May be the virus in their hearts is more virulent. We need to find an effective anti-viral or a suitable vaccine for it.

Thanks for this lovely read, Varalottiji.

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    Coming in late to give fb also has its own advantages..
    I also read the continuity to the original blog, where you met your friend and hero of this blog.
    Very true...we usually don't trust the other person, when this kind of incident happens in real life...truly that friend of yours is an 'anti-virus person' who opened our eyes to deal with these kind of problems.
    Hats off to him! :bowdown:

sriniketan.

4. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Gayathri. Very encouraging words.
    regards,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Thanks a ton, Vidchakra.
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Dear Saras,
    This time God gave not only the metaphor for the blog but the man himself. That made me to add an addendum to the blog. (as a comment) I got a gift from the hero of this story and felt like winning a great award.
    thanks, Saras for coming in,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear Sasi,
    Many times what it requires is nothing more than a distance. if we can distance ourselves from our problems and relationships we can do great things in life.
    thanks for coming in,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Dear vjb,
    Do you know what makes the story appealing to us? You see none of us are that patient. And yet all of us want to be like that. We are torn between our heart and practical considerations. When we hear about some one who listened to his heart we are moved, vjb,
    Let's not do anything which we are not inclined to do. But at the same time let's bear this story in mind. Yes, it'll have an impact on our lives sooner or later.
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Dear Malar,
    thanks for the kind words. The story looks good only because he did what we can't do and what we want to do.
    We would have branded the boy as a thief. And soon the boy will also be true to the branding. Somewhere down the line he would be arrested, sent to prison and come out as a worse thief.
    All these things were averted by the confidence one man reposed in him.
    thanks for coming in Malar.
    I did visit your other blog and left my comments there.
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Dear Sreema,
    thanks. The hardware engineer, true to his profession, wanted to save the motherboard and the hard disk and just eliminate the virus which he successfully did.
    thanks for coming in,
    sridhar