1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A thunder clap, a lightning bolt…

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmasrinivas, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear PS,

I read your blogs on saints and their lives without fail and enjoy them thoroughly... so your comment has added a lovely touch of spiritual gyan...

Thanks for being here with such value-addition, PS dear

Love,
    Padma

2. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Dear Padma,

We never know whether we would crossed each other's lives before. If we have something in common and share each other's views often then, I believe that we have met. But I believe the same with every other person who seems to gel, to share similar views, thoughts and emotions with without meeting.

Great are the laws of karma.

We humans are nothing before it.

Nice Day
    Shail

3. Padmasrinivas

Dear Shree,

That is a delightful fb from you...

Late-aa? I'm just so thrilled to see you here

I particularly liked these lines...

"If I can let go of myself and my attachment even on one simple occasion in my life, I will feel blessed. I suppose if we have atleast begun to contemplate on that, I consider that as a start."

There will surely come a time when our thoughts will turn towards detachment...for that is the path to the Divine...

Thanks so much for your heartwarming words, Shree

Love,
    Padma

4. Padmasrinivas

Dear Viji,

It is always special to receive your fbs, and you have a record for coming in first many a time... so I confess I did wait for you to stop by and you did not disappoint me...

As Pushpa says, the way to the Supreme Consciousness is to let go of one's ego, a difficult task but not unattainable...

Thanks for your sweet words, Viji my friend

Love,
    Padma

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friend,

Brevity, thy name is Padmasrinivas!

True Padma, one has to learn the art of conveying messages laden with impact in few brief lines from you.

This was a pleasure to read, an eye opener to one's own egoism, a morality statement ... all rolled into one short but classy essay.

When it stems from the thoughts of Padma, then we know it comes with the blessings of the Devima. I am glad that I read it today of all days, the Varamahalakshmi puja day, a befitting day to read your posts! :)

And ofcourse, congratulations are in order for being nominated for the FP of the month.:thumbsup

L, Kamla

6. Padmasrinivas

Dear Kamla,

I may have said this before but I have to reiterate that your comments/fb always put me on a high... I love the flow of words and expressions, so appropriate, so well-chosen to the topic or situation...

Well, another high to know that this post is nominated for FP...

I am really honoured...

Thank you so much, Sujata, my friend...

Jai Bhavani Maa

Love,
    Padma

7. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Madame Padma,

The title of the snippet expressed the gravity of the post and though I had seen this thread making rounds in the top ten, I just had to let it go as it was not the right time to read.

No no..I wasn't waiting for any lightening or thunder to strike and strengthen my desire to click on the link which I knew would lead me one of the best articles written by you ( corroborated by the nomination you received ).I just had to savour it to the fullest when you pen down such exquisite blog.

True to the title, that was a mastery of language you have displayed with this fulminating post ! Taking us on a journey laden with spirituality you have well conveyed the essence of your post by paraphrasing in the epilogue.The subtlety in the post is that unlike other mainstream books on philosophy, which I find boring, your method of teaching spirituality is similar to Aesop's fables.Rendition of tale with characters we can empathize with is the key to the success of your fabulous posts.I loved the post and glad that I took time to read today as I was able to ponder on the feedbacks as well.

That was an awesome post :thumbsup

8. Padmasrinivas

Dear Sabi, mon amie!

WOW! and WOW! again...is how I'm able to respond to your feedback... awesome as ever, and I'm trying my best not to let such fulsome praise go to my head...(it does wonders for my ego, I confess!)...

Prosaic teachings of philosophy and spirituality leave me cold too. What appeals is to practise simple and easy-to-follow truths, trying to be a good human being...

Your presence is like a whiff of fragrance, all the more heady as we haven't said Hi in a while... (oh, I missed you, dear Sabi...)

Love,
    Padma

9. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Dear Padma,

Nice essay explaing the realities of a joint family.Many summers pass by and we do not realise what has gone by. One generation has taken care of our minute requirements-selfless sacrifices. Hence if one is questioned it disturbs a lot.The pros and cons are heavily weighed and it is very difficult for one to judge the other side. It was nice that periappa had the courage to call one and all and ask for pardon. 'Sorry' is a small word but it holds lot of implications.
    Nice essay it reminded my days with grans pa

nityakalyani

10. Padmasrinivas

Dear Nityakalyani,

This is our first interaction in IL and I am happy to receive such an apt fb from you.

I fully agree with you, 'Sorry' is such a small word but speaks a lot about the person who can apologise so sincerely to the younger generation...

Thank you for being here, my dear...

Love,
    Padma