A Successful Relationship...Must read

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by slgayatri, Dec 18, 2006.

1. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

A boy was born to a couple after eleven years of marriage. They were a loving couple and the boy was the apple of their eyes. When the boy was around two years old, one morning the husband saw a medicine bottle open. He was late for work so he asked his wife to cap the bottle and keep it in the cupboard. His wife, preoccupied in the kitchen totally forgot the matter. The boy saw the bottle and playfully went to the bottle and fascinated by its color, drank it all. It happened to be a poisonous medicine meant for adults in small dosages. When the child collapsed the mother hurried him to the hospital, where he died. The mother was stunned.
    She was terrified how to face her husband. When the distraught father came to the hospital and saw the dead child, he looked at his wife and uttered just four words..

QUESTIONS:
    1. What were the four words?
    2. What is the implication of this story?

ANSWER:
    The husband just said "I Love You Darling" The husband's totally unexpected reaction is proactive behavior. The child is dead. He can never be brought back to life. There is no point in finding fault with the mother. Besides, if only he had taken time to keep the bottle away, this would not happen.

No one to be blamed. She had lost her only child. What she needed at that moment was consolation and sympathy from the husband. That is what he gave her. If everyone can look at life with this kind of perspective, there would be much fewer problems in the world. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiving attitude, selfishness, and fears. And you will find things are actually not as difficult as you think.

"A successful relationship requires falling in love many times with the same person . . ."

Hi all
    This is the way a couple has to live. I liked this article a lot and just wanted to share with all our Ilites.

Gayathri.:wave

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Gayathri,

That was lovely post by you. I can imagine, how dreadful the wife must have been feeling...it shows what a wonderful man he was , and how loving to have just uttered these words! so much of truth in these lines
    If everyone can look at life with this kind of perspective, there would be much fewer problems in the world. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiving attitude, selfishness, and fears. And you will find things are actually not as difficult as you think.

And these lines are the best ....
    A successful relationship requires falling in love many times with the same person . . ."

Good work, keep sharing such lovely posts!

3. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Hi sudha

Thanks for ur appreciation...
    I'll definitely share such lovely messages with all.

Gayathri.

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

another beautiful relationship!

Hi Gayatri,

It was a very sad, still beautiful story. So powerful too in its gentleness and sensitivity.

A similar incident happened in my family. My mom's aunt used to look after her baby grand daughter (her son's child). The child's parents were working, this was in the 1970s. The grandma took very good and loving care of the child. When the child was three, she drank a poisonous medicine or some liquid and died in the hospital.

It was very sad for all. It became a police enquiry since the child died in the hospital. It was the child's mother, the daughter in law who spoke up for her MIL. Who told the police that it was no fault of her MIL who had always taken excellent care of her child.

Everything ended there. The couple had another daughter. The grandmother raised that child, who got married recently.

Sometimes, some relationships can be so instructive. Sometimes, the way people react in challenging moments can be so instructive.

5. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vidya

Its so sad to hear the story of ur aunt...
    But that lady is very nice character, right?
    Bcoz, all MILs and DIls are fighting now a days, and if thier fault is not there, then also people are blaming them.
    Any way, thanks for ur reply...
    Gayathri

6. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Great story

Gayathri,

This is a beautiful but touching story. I am taking only the positive point of the story the beautiful relationship of the wife and the husband... simply beautiful. I sure learnt something from this.. thankyou very much

jothi.

7. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

very gud posting

Hi,

This is really a sad , gud and touching story.I liked it very much n I fwded it to my frnds also.
    thanks for sharing.do post such more posts.

8. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

Successful Relationship

Hi Gayathri

I had read it before but still it was nice to read it again. Thank you.
    It is very true for all the relationships not only husband and wife relationship. Vidhya it is very kind of you to share your aunt's story.

Vidhi