1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A struggle to be superwoman and a burn out!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Now, why did i think there would be atleast few of my friends who would say yes to my query. blame it on the fast lane life or the demands, or anything, but we women have moved up in all walks of life..in the process have never learnt to actually de-stress.that includes me..

We go in search of a spa, meditation class, or some counselling..when all it takes is to take a check as some of us have been learning on the way.

The easiest way to de-stress would be to find more time for self and SELF (both are different..and i am sure i don't need to explain on that) and also learning to say No if you cannot. It is easier done, and i am still learning it the hard way. I have learnt to say, i would love to do it, and will do it for you if i can..it eases out the feeling of being let down i suppose (hopefully) and makes me a little less guilty.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I love this new like system, atleast some of my friends, do press it on the way out.. and i appreciate that a lotttttttttt. thanks thanks and thanks..it means a lot and you know that.

thanks il-admin, EQ(Aruna), blissofmylife,and vahee,and others who have left me a line too.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Before i write to all of you individually, I would like to confess, that this blog did not happen just to write something. it is specially a experience from me. I have faced this, took time off, and some of my very close friends here know that, to bounce back.

many a times, we refuse to understand the signals our body, our mind gives us. Giving due consideration to those signals goes in helping ourselves in the long run.

Being a parent of two teenagers, with one of them giving her board exams, a long distance marriage, a new house, and health issues, somewhere the whole year went on and on on adrenalin, and the end result was the burn out..

and i tend to do that a lot in the course of my life..but after 4 decades ( i have officially entered it)..i have learnt i am equally important in the whole scheme of things..

and this blog was just a indicator for a raincheck if there was another soul out there like me.. if it really helped someone out there i am happy.

And i have bounced back..

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sreema, i do not want to be one. thanks for joining me here as usual..and love you for it. so true that we need to take time to understand what is going on within us..physically and emotionally..incidentally we women rate us the last in the order of priority when it comes to family..though awareness is slowly changing the scene.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Archana, i have read your having some problems long back..i am happy for you that you are back with your daughter. sometimes, we need to draw a line at where and what we are sacrificing and is it worth all that..

just be good at what you are, no need to try to be superwoman. do what suffices you and your family.

thanks for taking the time to join me here.

6. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Ha...the term is "burnt out"? Hmm...Glad that you have bounced back if not...we should have rised to SW ourselves to reach out to you ;-)

Well narrated as usual and the cartoons were very apt Shan.

7. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Shanvy,
    A super blog from you!
    You deserve the finest blog!

8. sunny2009

sunny2009 New IL'ite

Hi wonderful write up and I read it at the apt moment as presently I'm in that burn out stage
    I'll start slowing down and do things one at a time.
    Thanks for helping me

9. rmayadas

rmayadas New IL'ite

your write up is great.It is perfectly true,multitasking! the word is overrated .I am a stay at home mom. so i do take care of all the house hold activities. But i don't go for a job.I am pretty much happy with my life.
    But often i come across many who tell me i am wasting my time and life.They wonder how can i get intellectual satisfaction by staying at home!( as if all jobs are intellectually satisfying).They make me feel as if i am from the stone age when i tell them that though i am educated , i am a housewife and i am pretty much satisfied.

10. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Shanti- nice write up. Hi super woman.You have mentioned the difficulties one faces in trying to balance the house hold things. Sometimes due to fatigue even small things get blown up. During this phase of being in the naughty years you have been able to be calm.Kudos to all your efforts. Congrats for all your efforts