1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Story of a Valentine's Day And A Few Days That Followed

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Feb 19, 2012.

1. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

I never knew that you had gone through so many surgeries.Though we don't know each other, I am very very glad that IL gave the opportunity to know such a brave, intelligent ... person.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Satchi.

1 person likes this.
  2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My dearest Satchi!

First and foremost, a big bear hug to you!:thumbsup I am unable to fathom the positive energy which seems to engulf you! What are you? For some reason, the 'Maria' song from Sound of Music keeps ringing in my ears..You of course are not a problem,(your health may be!), but you are an enigma...How do I describe you?--

"How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?
    How do you find a word that means Maria,na,Satchi?
    A flibbertajjibet
    A will of a wisp" !! :bowdown

There you are going about with the gravest worry a human being could have...Health! But then, there you go reeling off all your thoughts into snippets from the hospital bed. Morever, not an ordinary hospital bed, but from an ICU bed! With an unbearable pain running down one side of your body after a gruelling invasive op that has lasted 8 long hours!! If you are not a Winner that the nation should recognize and mention as rightly expressed by Cheeniyasir,
    who else is?!

To top it, you call me and ask me about my well being as you lay there in the ICU! I am flabbergasted! Silly me goes on narrating my stories while you patiently listen and advice and share as we exchange our experiences. Satchidananda...Hats off to you darling!:hatsoff

Yes, through all these dark clouds, the rainbow was quite obvious. You do possess one treasure that most only dream of...LOVE. I think you have a great man by your side and surely God made His own plans for you to enjoy the true significance of Valentine's Day.

"It's the hope of hopes, it's the love of loves
    This is the song of every man

And God is watching us, God is watching us
    God is watching us from a distance
    Oh, God is watching us, God is watching
    God is watching us from a distance"---expressed beautifully by Bette Midler in her song.

Satchi, if you Will it, you Will do it! You will soon take a hike to Nandi Hills or some such lovely spot one of these days and hey, all of us will be there as cheerleaders!

Hugs,
    Kamla

10 people like this.
  3. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

OMG Satchi...
    I never knew you were going for a surgery.. infact I kept thinking last night that I should ask you when I call... I wish I knew earlier.. could've been of help???...
    Satchi.. I'm so overwhelmed by your post.. yes this is what love is about.. touch wood.. may you and hubby always stay together like this ...
    love
    kerman

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

What a spirit! Amazing! In the most trying circumstances you can even keep up your sense of humour. One has a lot to learn from you.

There was a lump in the throat when I finished reading it. I wish you a very quick recovery. You have a wonderful husband...may God bless both of you.

1 person likes this.
  5. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

I am yet to finish reading all your posts but must say, you are a wonderful person so full of vigour and zest for life. We've got a lot to learn from you Satchi :) . Hope you recover well and bounce back to full form!! Wish you the very best in life and God bless!

1 person likes this.
  6. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Hi how are you Ma'am now???

Looks like u have give a 180degree makeover to surgery and post recovery!!!!!!!!!

After reading your post, the first thought which came to mind was--- Indriya Mudhumey Penn ma nee.........

You will be a definitely one among the 3 actress if i do Charlies Angels movie.........may be even the only heroine.

Writing Snippets just few days after Surgery...........i :bowdown:bowdown to your kadamai unarchi (love for work).

I really appreciate your DH for being with you throughout this tough phase..........Harhar to everyone who says---love fades in marriage after 40's and men dont care...........

I tell everyone---hope god gives strong will to come out of this (err.......i feel i know to tell only that.....).........but after seeing your back to back surgeries, i pray he doesn't give any more tough situation.......you have already had enough.

Thanks for being a Role model for many ILites.......:thumbsup

Wish you a speedy recovery.

1 person likes this.
  7. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Satchitananda,

I am happy that your surgery was successfull... and you are out of ICU... You are really brave to take things as they come... Accepting things as they are is great... My :bowdown... You have been blogging in spite of the pain... :hatsoff... May your Dad give you all strength and energy to be happy... and relieve you of all the pains...

I can understand what your DH will be going through emotionally... Happy valentines day... (Every day is a valentines day... when there is unadulterated love between the couple... my thoughts...)

Our sincere prayers for you to get well soon...

Veda

1 person likes this.
  8. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Oh Satchi , you are real wonder.. Glad, i could see such positive spirited person.
    You are real inspiration!

Take care of ur health!

1 person likes this.
  9. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Satchi,

My hugs and :kiss to you!

Come back home soon ....

1 person likes this.
  10. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    Wish you a very speedy recovery, I am sure with your spirit, you will be running for the Marathon soon :thumbsup
    Honestly, how did you ever manage to write such funny, thoughtful snippets and share wonderful comments for all that the others wrote, when you had been battling with such health conditions? It only shows that nothing binds a person, if the person chooses to be optimistic and loves life, come what may.
    You are really amazing - the 'Iron Lady' of our generation, whom I have had the opportunity to meet only through IL.
    Good Luck and come back soon, may the wonderful God be with you!

1 person likes this.