A small tour

Discussion in 'Travel' started by rajmiarun, Sep 18, 2007.

1. vidyasundar

vidyasundar Bronze IL'ite

Yeah sure will do that. that hotel name is archana.

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Vidhya,

Thanks are you talking about the hotel where we had lunch?

The place where we stayed is called as Siva International.

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

The temple opposite to Kumbeshwarar temple is Sarangapani Temple. It has a very big Raja Gopuram with 11 Nilaigal (11 floors). The dwajasthambam is also huge. There is a stone window straight to the sanctum, and you could view the lord through the window. To reach the window there are 11 steps. But to reach the sanctum you need to go in a Pradakshina. The name of the lord is Sarangapani and he lies in the bed of 5 headed Aadhiseshan. On the wall behind the devas are depicted as they are doing pooja for the lord. Near the head Sridevi and near the legs Bhoodevi are sitting. Surya and Chandra are worshipping the eyes, Brahma the navel. The 7 holy rivers are seen at the feet of the lord.

It is said that for the sake of Thirumangai Azhwar, the lord sat up from his sleep and gave darshan to him.

Another speciality of this temple is the sanctum is designed in the form of a rath. Two wheels on two sides. And the rath is pulled by elephants and horses.

The name of the ambal in this temple is Komalavalli thayar.

4. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Rajmi,
    Enjoyed reading your travelogue. I had been only to Kancheepurm Varadarajar Temple and Tirupathi. Your write-up took me to Ramaswamy temple and Kumbeshwarar temple. I was able to visualize the temple with the help of your description. It was interesting to know that Vinayakar and Murugar are standing like Dwarapalakas. Thank you for sharing your travelogue.

regards,
    Sindhu

5. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

hey rajmiarun,
    you have described all the temples very well&explained the significance of each temple.after reading ur post i am gonna plan on visiting these temples next time i go to india!pls post info on good places to stay&good places to eat.

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I got to see this only today, Rajmi.
    Well written travelogue! Nice to know about Ramaswamy temple, Kumbeshwarar Temple and Sarnagapani temple.
    Waiting to read more!

sriniketan

7. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear all,
    I am sorry I stopped this travelogue just in the middle due to so many reasons and one among them is I lost those papers of the travelogue:hide:. Got them back recently. Will post the remaining soon.