A simple E-Charkha to produce electricity

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by subbutr, Oct 21, 2007.

1. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

My dear friends,

Recently I gone through an article in which our common Khadhi Charkha can be used to produce electricity & this innovations will be a boon to local villagers.

Mumbai: Spinning of khadi yarn will no more be a monotonous work.
    One can now listen to music while spinning charkha and generate electricity that can be used when the power goes off –and even charge a cellphone.

The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has developed an 'e-charkha', that would be formally launched by President Pratibha Patil on November 19, the birth anniversary of late prime minister Indira Gandhi.
    Giving a demonstration on the e-charkha before media persons in Mumbai, KVIC chairperson Kumud Joshi said: "The charkha will be a boon to the spinners, who would be able to experience the fusion of economic activity with the pleasure of music while working on the e-charkha."
    The e-charkha has been developed by R S Hiremath, a Bangalore entrepreneur, who is managing director of Flexitron, a renewable energy solutions provider. The charkha has maintenance free lead acid battery fixed at the bottom, which functions as an inverter. Spinning the charkha for about two hours will give back up power for about 6 –7 hours of basic lighting and playing radio. The cost of the new age charkha is approximately Rs 3,000.
    KVIC plans to induct two lakh pieces of e-charkha at Khadi weaving centres across the country.

Hope this simple device will be of immense help to man kind.

Subbu
    <!-- google_ad_section_end=sify_article -->

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi subbu sir,

Good info. thanks for sharing:thumbsup

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi subbu sir,

Good info. thanks for sharing:thumbsup

4. vidyasundar

vidyasundar Bronze IL'ite

Dear Subbu Sir,
    thank you for sharing.

regards
    vidyasundar

5. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Thanks to shanvy & vidyasundar for the kind gestures.

6. rebecca

rebecca New IL'ite

Seems a good innovation. But if government takes interest then further it maybe subsidized and its propagation into poor house hold can be increased.

7. india4g

india4g New IL'ite

i tryed completely even i called the makers of e-Charkha, its now a museuem piece, we cannot buy it, i dnot know what happened,... its just an invention till now....

the owners say... KVIC took over it and they only will sell it and no email or phone no of kvic works.............

a great invention lost