1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

a sigh of relief

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Jan 19, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

it has been quite sometime since i interacted with il. the reason for it is this. my children and i came to abudhabi for xmas holidays. we were supposed to leave for chennai on the 6th. my husband had an afterthought so did i. he had couple of days leave left . so we planned to leave on the11th. my husband also planned to leave for couple of days and return to abudhabi the following week alone,my son left as scheduled we were supposed to leave by indian airlines flight on the 11th afternoon. on 11th early morning my husband suddenly developed a severe chestpain. he was taken to a private hospital from where he was moved to khalifa hospital.the doctors did an angiogram and found a 100%block in the main artery and they immediately did an angioplast. by 7 in the morning he was shifted to the ward. he was in the hospital for 3 days and now is home. i am staying back and my daughter left for chennai last week to resume her school. God gave me all the strength during the crisis and my husband's friends really really helped me out. infact my husband has had master health checkup done in oct end in india. he is tall and lean. highly religious. very composed all the time. he has been practising yoga and meditation for many years. the doctors were amazed so were we. any way it turned to be o.k and now i thought i would share this with my friends. thanku. yours affly kanaka raghavan

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2007

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Thanks to God

Dear Kanaka,

I did wonder why you have been silent for sometime. It is disconcerting to hear abt the sudden surgery that your husband had to undergo. Fortunately, all of you have emerged safe and the worst is well behind you. From now, it will be good health and good times for you all. I am glad that your husband has regular habits that keep him balanced and fit. I am sure they will now aid him in a speedy recovery. May God keep you all tucked safe in His palm. Glad you shared this news with our IL family. We will all pray for his swift recovery.

affly
    Vidya

3. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Dear Kanaka Ragavan,

Even I also wondered , why no posts from you for long time. .We will pray for your husband's speedy recovery. Take care.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2007
  4. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I thought you would be busy. It was the great kindness of God since you had been with him during this time. My prayers for your husband's sudden recovery.

5. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Kanaka,

It is a blessing in disguise that you were with your husband at a great time of need. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. I wish your husband a speedy recovery.

jothi.

6. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

You will be in my prayers

Dear Kanaka,
    Glad to note that everything went well and I am sure something good will come out of it. I am equally glad that you were beside him in time of need. Your family will surely be in my prayers.Wish your hubby a speedy recovery.
    Love,

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friend,

After reading your post, I cant but help to think that God has been looking after your family. You were there by your husband at the hour of need. Imagine in what state all you would have been in case you had left for India as planned. I am glad to know that all went well.
    It was only last week we heard that the exactly same thing happened to our friend in India. He too is fine now and he too is very conscious about health and is otherwise a fit and active man. One never knows, it could be in the family history.
    Anyways, all is well that ends well. Be careful about his diet and the cholesterol intake.
    All the best to you , your husband and family.

L, Kamla

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Kanaka Raghavan,
    Oh, you were all lucky you were together and could take care immediately. You did a right thing by taking him to the hospital at onece. Many people think it will be some gas trouble and would not go to a doctor. Nowadays, such emergencies occur even to people who are very active etc.
    I hope your husband is fine now. Please do tell him Get well soon from me and my family. Do take care of him and also yourself.

9. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

My Prayers...

Kanaka first of all, am sorry to hear the crisis that occured in your life in the recent past...am sure, it must have been too much for you to handle things when what started to be like a family gettogether and happy holidays turned out to become a nightmare.

Having passed the criticial stages and having been assured by docs that your husband is alright, My prayers to god to give him more health and mental strength. You seem to be a stronger person, I pray to god to give you more courage and will-power to extend your support and shoulders not just to your husband but your entire family to go through this tuff period, with much ease.

Take care of yourself too, your health is also equally important...!

Love,
    Preethi

10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

dear friends thanks for the mails u had sent. it was very very warm and encouraging. my husband is much better now. we met the doc on saturday and he said everything was normal. it was not a clot due cholosterol but it was clot which got itself logded itself in the artery due to some injury years back. it had moved up. he can go the office the day after for 2 hours. we are planning to go to india next week for 20 days rest. my husband is very tough man and i am very firm believer that even if god puts me in a crisis,he would bring me out safely.i also believe in helping out people whoever they are in my best possible manner. so maybe all this helped. once again thank u so you so much friends for those nice letters. your concern was a big boo............st for me.