A School- Chettinad groups

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by praveenavijay, Mar 11, 2009.

1. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Uma ,

Yes I am in U.S now , but moving down soon for good.

How old is you LO?What kind of activities does that school provide?Are you changing the school this year /going with same one?

Arthi,

Are you dropping the choice of omega international school?Good luck for you LO .

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  2. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Hey Manju,

I would join the group shortly. Thanks for sharing the link!!
    Basically A School celebrates all festives/occassion. To site a few, fancy dress and dance during christmas season, food sharing day, ethnic dress during pongal etc etc. Other kind of regular activities are rhymes, good practices, drawing etc. I am confused as to whether continue or switch. I heard good feedback about another school by name SunShine Montessori School Chennai. Let me see how things proceed

3. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Manju, I am still awating a call from A School. Admissions in Omega is still open so I still have time. also will again consider Omega when he needs to go to the main school @porur if he joins A school now.. considering the distance for such a young age I am preferring A school for now.

4. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hey ...

information on the Aschool website says that ... put your kid in our A school, from 2nd std continue in one of our main schools .... any idea what it means and what their main schools are?

5. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Hello Sumanr,

Please check post #159 where the details were shared.

Cheers
    Uma

6. rmanjula

rmanjula New IL'ite

Hi,

I have admitted my son in this school starting June 2010. We had applied for ashok nagar branch.
    The admission was last saturday (May 1st). We were informed that ashok nagar branch seats have been filled and a new branch is coming up.
    It could be in KK nagar or west mambalam. They will send us a letter intimating abt it.

We are in saidapet , east jones road. We are looking for van facility.

If any of the parents in saidapet would like to plan for school van . kindly let me know.

cheers,
    Manjula

7. sudhara

sudhara New IL'ite

HI,
    I tried to put my son in this school, at Ashok Nagar last year. The person who answered my call said I may have to pay Rs. 24000 on the whole for a year. This branch doesn't have classes from I. He said they will be shifting to Porur and that too is based on whether they get the land to construct the school. since it will be co-ed, he said, they are on the look out for a suitable place near porur. when I enquired him about transportation once they shift to porur, he said that can't be guaranteed since that purely depends on the strength of the students who would opt for the school bus or van. I though it to be ridiculous because he sounded too non-committal. so i dropped it.
    sudhara

8. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hey Manjula, do you know the branch your son will be going to?? actually the new branch is 1 or 2 kms from the existing Ashok ngr branch.. only last weekend I took my sis's son for admission (last min I thought) but they promised and wrote down for us that child's school branch will be decided based on their residence address.. so those nearer to Ashok Nagar 4th main road barnch (like K. K. ngr and that part of ashok ngr) will go to the 4th main road, the kids near west mamb will go to the new branch starting this year..

Sudha, sorry to hear abt the bad exp last year.. when I called them this year, they were very couteous and answered all my questions patiently.. I have heard many parents given them the credit. Also the main branch starting with 2nd std will come in porur (not sure of the exact location) and transportation is available (as far as I was told) ofcourse at extra cost.

9. rmanjula

rmanjula New IL'ite

Hi Arthi, Thanks for your reply , yesterday got an sms from the school to register the branch preferences in their website. We have opted for alwarpet as the first choice since we will be moving to teynampet shortly.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  10. Mythily

Mythily Senior IL'ite

Hello ILs,
    How is the velachery branch doing now?Have they provided transport facility?