1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Sad Illustration of Technological Advancement!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Yes, everything has a good and bad use. We could not discard thecnology because of misuse. Think of the people who get treated because of tele medicine.
    One other benefit of technology, I read sometime back that one Muslim boy was not able to reach India for his marriage due to some flight problem. As per their custom, he has to say 'I do', physical presence with the bride is not needed. It seems that he had made a call from his cell phone to the bride's house and had heard the ceremony and when his turn came, said those golden words and solemnised the marriage. He reached home after a few hours and then celebrated the real wedding. This is a good thing, what do you say?
    Another alarming news- some muslim men had given the divorce (talag) thro the cell phone. Now this sure is a bad use of technology.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

I will let you have it, Manjula!

Dear Manjula Madam,
    Your post is so well-crafted that I dont have the mind to place counter-arguments. As a tribute to your writing skills, I will let you have the last word on this.
    Varalotti