1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A Piscine Pedicure

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by sunkan, Dec 3, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

I think It was in 1964 when our family had been to this south Indian trip and we had been to thiruvaiyaru also and as children all sat on the steps putting in our leg and vow for a minute I did not know what to say, there were umpteen peck around my leg and ticklish and when we looked in, tiny fishes all fighting with each other to have a go at my leg, mm so many dead cells now I think, that time I had no idea and though it was frightening, it was fun later and we enjoyed the ticklish stuff.

A child was also made to sleep on the step with her hair inside the river, and the mother said the fishes ate up the dry skin and lice and cleaned them, so no dandruff, though I was not sure about it, of course had the proof of a clean feet after this dip.

Today when this article caught my eye a piscine pedicure which is very famous in Singapore it said all about tiny tubs filled with tiny fishes and again a little larger ones to a massage later for a wonderful feet and this flashed my memory back to those days and even now many enjoy this dip and pedicure in the village areas, without spending a dime. I must say though the massage given by these centers are heavenly as I tried out what they showed on TV and the receivers my kids enjoyed this a lot. Especially if you are a woman in 30’s where the calf muscle cramps are many, and every day a stampede is great on the legs..

The therapeutic treatment is due to the infinitesimal pin pricks all over your feet. Though startling is very soothing, we also have this chombu treatment, when there is a cold catch we put in a small cloth inside a chombu and burn it and as the heat develops we trace the catch at the back and it gets sucked in and holds tight until the catch is removed, and I saw this being done in a spa with a glass cup heated with a candle and put on the reflex point on the back.

How many of you have heard about this removing of seivanai which is still followed in the villages they hold on to your nose tight and blow carbon dioxide and one start feeling something leaving the line of stomach slowly rising above and this is being removed by this guy having his mouth on the victim’s mouth. They count how many small balls the size of a small bead comes out and tell the result for which this has been done, it is like a brown paste and people concern get to know if it was for death, or loose their status or creating mental problems and so on. These affected people eat a lot, hungry all the time and one keeps wondering what could be the reason and from the horoscope they find out that something has been done. So one hurries to the man especially trained for such stuff.

Artificial and natural therapies are many; even some green leaves known only to these people are given to human without their knowledge. To incapacitate them mentally, loose out on all their wealth and so on.

The Kerala massager are any day great they work on your muscles and bones with just holding a rope above and walk all over they also know how to press the vital reflex points and relax you a lot. The one near Whitefield is very famous. They announced about them bringing down the pillars and set up from Kerala to bring in the ambiance and plants all over to give one a very peaceful atmosphere.

I am only amazed at what is available free to all our villagers and people living by river beds are being given for a cost abroad, and that too inside a spa, may be our beauty parlors should also bring in these great therapist to the urban area.

As usual I have strayed but then all therapies under a roof is any day appreciated…right. sunkan

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sunkan,
    A nice pedicure indeed....:thumbsup

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

For this pedicure, here in the malls, they charge 250/- per head for 20 minutes!! Fish is not fed but it makes lot of money for the businessman. I wish I were able to go to the pond in village temple to get this pedicure free of cost with no time limit!