1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Phone Call Or A Message

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Caide, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

I am just posting my point of view here so hope you guys take this thread just like that and share your views.

I am a kind of person who like to talk all than to close ones or certain persons. And try to answer and reply to their phones call as soon as possible. :D And parents … I want to talk with them at least 3-4 times a day or even more than that. :D

I find it odd when people (not all but some) get into relationship or get married they start to ignore friends. More than ignore I can say like either they don’t want to answer them or they don’t have time for it. If latter is the case then there is nothing one can do about but still at least can give a call for just a minute or can at least send a message stating they are busy or catch you later…. something like that. But Why to ignore totally? I have no idea. :shakehead::shakehead:

In friends case its ok. But parents? They brought up their children at least to maximum of 18 even till 30 years of age. Just a five minute talk with them every day won’t take much of our time right. For men it’s not problem for those who stay with parents but rest... and women… why can’t they spend 5 minutes of precious time with parents I wonder.:confundio1::confundio1::confundio1::confundio1:

We spend time to cook, to roam, to do shopping, to watch TV, to go to theatre and of course exercise and meditation... Yeah bus travel (Spend those time either by listening to songs or watching videos or:treadmill: movies) all these have some interval time in between I think. We are not robots to move or do something as per programmed. We can do things, plan things as per our time and situation right? We are not working or being busy 24x7.:icon_writing::icon_writing:

When I hear the happiness in my parents voice when they speak that itself make me miss them a lot :weary::weary::weary::weary:and talk with them a lot. :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:And by seeing all the reactions from people after marriage or getting into relationship, I am glad I learnt something and decided to talk with my parents at least two times a day no matter what.

I don’t know whether keeping in touch is important or not. But spending at least a minute with our friends and parents it gives us joy than pleasure.

And there by adding my favourite “Joy and Pleasure” poem from our school English book (forgot the standard)

Now, joy is born of parents poor,
    And pleasure of our richer kind;
    Though pleasure's free, she cannot sing
    As sweet a song as joy confined.

Pleasure's a Moth, that sleeps by day
    And dances by false glare at night;
    But Joy's a Butterfly, that loves
    To spread its wings in Nature's light.

Joy's like a Bee that gently sucks
    Away on blossoms its sweet hour;
    But pleasure's like a greedy Wasp,
    That plums and cherries would devour.

Joy's like a Lark that lives alone,
    Whose ties are very strong, though few;
    But Pleasure like a Cuckoo roams,
    Makes much acquaintance, no friends true.

Joy from her heart doth sing at home,
    With little care if others hear;
    But pleasure then is cold and dumb,
    And sings and laughs with strangers near.

William Henry Davies

momsky, beautifullife30, knbg and 3 others like this.

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    That is true. But familial relationship are definitely one reason to move away from friends,especially college ones. But when you have a strong relationship you do get friends, even if few who are supporting you.
    I loved your poem, really so much. For me it's new.
    Tc

Caide and kcb like this.
  3. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear Caide,

Good one. I am 100% with you on this. I always get the same question in my mind. I am very surprised to see people saying ohhhh am so busy, no time to talk to anyone or msg anyone. What a wonder? atleast while chopping the vegetables we can talk to family / friends with earphones.

That's why this saying is so true -

Where there is a will, there is a way....

beautifullife30, vaidehi71 and Caide like this.
  4. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

i dont think so family relations are being border because see even we are chatting here now at least now we can call our parents or attend the calls we get right? thanks for sharing your views :) its in english book ma one of memory poem

vaidehi71 likes this.
  5. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

yeah true where there is a will there is a way why dint i remember that poem :) thanks for sharing your views :) true vegetable chopping though it needs some attention we can have a minute chat at least :)

vaidehi71 likes this.
  6. vaidehi71

True, agreed. We can spend meaningful time by talking with parents and family members without spending too much time here. Infact when we think what a person would want at his last breath would be to have his own family around. None others can replace it.
    Thanks.

Caide likes this.
  7. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

true :) but some are after money (pleasure) than family(joy) its ok to earn but not ok to earn it when he/she has no time for family

vaidehi71 likes this.
  8. vaidehi71

It is true we need money but we need to make sure that family members are on the same side of thoughts and also given first priority. Infact I feel that once a strong relationship is established, money will be possible to be attained because we earn for not self, we earn for our love of life. That is a lot of difference compared to I earn for my pleasure. The money here is for making her family happy. Family here can include parents, partners, siblings and kids.

Caide likes this.
  9. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

true even long distance relationships are working out because of love

vaidehi71 likes this.
  10. vaidehi71

I can assure you that is definitely true!

Caide likes this.