1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Philosophical Dream!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Jun 1, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    Last night my daughter saw a dream. It went like this: A little girl was sitting leisurely on the couch. Her mother comes and gives her specs to wear, scolding her that,” You are so blind without your specs! Why aren’t you wearing them?!” The girl wears her specs, without protest at first; but says something in an innocent voice that horrifies her mother. And friends, you know what she said? She said, “Mom, you make me wear specs because I’m blind. But in this world, everyone is blind!
    My daughter got very disturbed, and the moment she woke up in the morning, she called me immediately to narrate her “strange” dream. I was shocked at first; however I began to ponder over the meaning of this dream. And suddenly it struck me! I was overjoyed because I felt that I have succeeded in decoding its meaning!
    My decoded version goes like this: What the little girl said is quite philosophical actually. Even though God has given us two eyes to see, we hardly use them to observe what we ought to. For instance, instead of seeking the positive beneath, our eyes only catch the negative façade. We build opinions with a highly prejudiced mind, and often jump to conclusions due to blindness of thought. Our eyes always focus on the material beauty of things, instead of concentrating on the spiritual beauty within.
    We are blind enough to bring out our negative feelings: frustrations, anger, revenge etc., by spreading discontent among others; without realizing that this adds to our negative karma. We blindly follow the advice of those we think of as well-wishers; even though they may or may not be so. We simply succumb to false claims made by various agencies, without giving them due thought.
    So friends, what the little girl said was quite right. We all must use our eyes and ears wisely, and try to observe and get the best we deserve. And if need be, should change our specs (perspective) to get a clearer, unadulterated view of life.

Thus, I was quite happy that my daughter got a philosophical dream!
    Regs J

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anu,
    A thought provoking post !!! From the dream you have drawn the essential thing for the real life.
    As you have pointed out,
    positive attitude helps to cope more easily with the daily affairs of life. It brings optimism into your life, and makes it easier to avoid worry and negative thinking. If you adopt it as a way of life, it will bring constructive changes into your life, and makes them happier, brighter and more successful. With a positive attitude you see the bright side of life, become optimistic and expect the best to happen. It is certainly a state of mind that is well worth developing and strengthening.When you feel some despair, anger, unhappiness or frustration, don't succumb to these feelings and let them grow. Visualize something happy, read something that makes you happy, repeat a positive affirmation or just try to create some happy feeling inside you. This might not be easy, as the negative feeling might be too strong, yet, do your best, and no matter how many times you might fail evoking a positive feeling, if you persist you will be able to change your attitude and feelings.
    with love
    pad

3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

thanks dear padmini ma'm for your loving reply.Yes! we should never succumb to negative feelings in life.regs-anu:)