1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A peep into the world of ghosts!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri
    Being a geography student, I can tell you that whatever time I wrote this, it would have been mid night somewhere in the world! I am happy to have taught you a very crucial lesson in your life, I mean about the difference between a pei and a pisasu! But the more I hear about this 'Kaadal Pisasu' the more I want to be its victim!
    If your child got scared looking at your eyes, then you must be a poochandi in disguise!
    As regards your question if you are to be classified as good or bad, it reminds me of the question that Kamal Hassan asks in the last scene of Nayagan! But I'll not suffer from indecision in answering that question. You are just too good!
    Sri

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

A controversial topic... But very nicely written without bringing in the Controversy.... Now, now, now... Having talked about various pai/bhootham/pisasu/katteri and all how can we leave you so easily......Big LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig Laugh.... In todays materialistic fast dynamic world, even if GOD himself appears in front of a pious person, who goes to the temple 3 times a day and prays.... he will ask for proof and verification....RantRantRant... That being the case, where is this pai, bhoodham and all....

In this whole lot, I seem to be an odd man out... I will narrate my experience... This is when I was doing the Audits (Articleship)... I went to a tea estate for audit along with two of my friends... We were given a seperate house for stay... The first day when we entered, I saw/felt somebody going out... I felt it is my own imagination... because of the eeriee atmosphere and forest moutains etc... So kept to myself and continued with my work... But I had that vision or feeling or whatsoever almost daily when we enter back from the office... I used to have disturbed sleep and wake up in the middle of the nights... One light will always be on... The cook who used to cook for us will prepare dinner and leave before 9 in the night... He used to give some excuse or the other... One day we had to go out to watch the World cup Football finals and told him, we will be coming late and you have to wait... he profoundly refused and did not bother about any amount of sam/bedha/dhanda....We had no choice than to accept his case and made alternate arrangements... After 2 days with probing, we came to know in the house where we stayed, one lady had committed sucide along with her kid... and the house is a haunted house and nobody comes near the house late nights... We had the schok of our lifes and you can imagine.... hahahahahaha... Since our stay used to be around 2 months, and those days no telephone facilities like now, we used to write letters to our parents... I had expressed my feelings to my mom and my sis had replied... My friends also got to know about my feelings and vision and within a week we completed our audit and packed in a hurry.... hahahahahahaha.... This was the talk of the audit firm for the next 10 yrs.... thanks to all the BBC/Starnews etc...

I had been to Chottanikkara... The night pooja.... Whoever sees that will never question about pai/bhootam etc...

I can narrate so many episodes of my interaction... Even today I cant sleep in a completely dark room... there should be some light....

I dont know, whether it is my hullusination / imagination.... But when I analysize some of the things later in life... there used to be some sequence or logic....

Sorry!!!!!! I think I am blabbering too much... Now I leave it to you.... Will comeback with more controversies...

On a lighter note, I dont mind one more Kadhal pisasu....

Veda

3. Cheeniya

Dear AC
    This is top class ragging! Very innovative indeed. If you had patented this brand of ragging, you would have been rubbing shoulders with Bill Gates now in wealth! A pei with a kind soul is what every one is looking for today.
    Being quite acquainted with the habits of spirits, I can inform you that they are very allergic to snoring people and consequently there is not even a remote chance of a pei visiting you! If you wonder what spirits have against snoring people, let me tell you that the spirits have a great affinity for people who sleep lightly or dont sleep at all. They know that snoring is the hallmark of sound sleep. They feel slighted when they cant wake up snoring people with all their giggles and anklet sounds.
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Dear Sreshta
    Vethaalam is a rare breed of spirits. They normally live in drumstick trees whereas pei prefers tamarind tree. Vethalam used to be very active in days of yore and they were known to engage renowned kings like Vikramadityan in intellectual and mind stimulating conversation. Historians have recorded that Emperor Vikramadityan spent more time answering the riddles posed by Vethaalam than in ruling his kingdom!
    Kollivaai pisasu is the one that breathes fire like a chinese dragon. Though it is very scary in appearance, they dont harm people.
    Sri

5. Cheeniya

Re: A peep into the world of the Dead!

Dear Shanthi
    I haven't seen The Ring yet and my fellow researchers tell me it is a more authentic spirit story than many other Hollywood trash. We, the Spirit lovers of chennai, are planning to have a joint viewing of the movie to be followed by a discussion and cocktails!
    You have brought out yet another significant fact in mentioning that your MIL used to be very fond of horror movies. It is true that the preference in favour of horror movies grows as we grow older and touches its peak when we reach 65 the reason being that at that age nothing makes us sit up as a ghost story!:biggrin2: How true it is that old age is chilhood revisited!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

Dear Varloo
    I concede that you have a very logical view of spirits but must you so ruthlessly dishearten the die hard fans of spirits saying that they dont exist at all? I am sure that the spirits will convene an emergency meeting tonight to frame strategies to counter your propaganda!
    Are you sure that Mohini pisasus have a strict preference for only bachelors? In that case, I may have to stop looking for a rendezvous with one of them!
    By calling you a pei, your DH would have surely meant that you are his Kaadal Pisasu!
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear Veda
    Looks like you'll visit my forum only if I write about pei! I havent seen you for a long long time! I know you dont mind Kaadal Pisasu but Shanthi does! So you better shift your focus to some other type of pisasu!
    I was the Branch Manager of SBI at the Coonoor branch in 1973. The local badagas are great believers of ghosts and every day you'll hear of a hair raising story! But I used to find the local ghost busters scarier than the ghosts. The badagas believe that the easiest and best way to overcome fear is to scream at the top of the voice. Whenever they imagine encountering a pei, they scream very loud and if I were a pei, that scream would be enough to scare me out of the town! I had one consolation in Coonoor. Even if I trembled out of fear hearing these screams, people would think that it was due to the freezing weather!
    A trip to Chottanikkara is sure to change every one's view about spirits!
    It is interesting that you have many tales of your interactions with the spirits. I'm sure Night Shyamalan will find a gold mine in you!
    Sri

8. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,
    Another hair rising post.....brrrrr....i did read it late last night, but got so terrified that ran up to bed before i started thinking too much about the peis and pisasus......:hide:

What are you trying now scaring us poor ladies , ( that too i stay all alone sometimes for days without seeing a soul, oops was that a slip of my tongue or mind.....now now maybe i do see some good souls, i mean the white clad anklet wearing dancing singing ones.....oh.....now did i say that!,, :helpSee you brought out my innermost feelings/ thoughts/ fears! I don't know if it is all real or fiction of my imagination,!)............now beware you may have some bhootham visiting you shorthly from deutschland!( well that sounds ethereal na!) Dont say i did not warn you!

9. Cheeniya

Dear Sudha
    That is good news! I mean your prediction 'now beware you may have some bhootham visiting you shorthly from deutschland!' Nothing will be more welcome at my house than that bootham. Since I know all boothams are linguists, I guess I'll have no problem communicating with this one from the home of Max Mueller!
    Now dont you tell me that my round-up of the world of spirits has scared you. Sitting here, I can see all the scared spirits and boothams running for their life from your vicinity!
    Sri

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheniya,
    yes, Mohini pisasu prefers only bachelors.
    And hubby may say Modhal pisasu, not kaadal pisasu.
    When we went to Chottanikkara for the first time in 1996, my son was 5 years old. As we were coming out after the darshan, we saw that a woman was being exhoted by one of the priests. My late sister felt that my son may get scared and so steered him out. He later complained to me that chithi did not let him watch what was happening there and wanted to go back.
    Seriously, I believe it is all 'manabranthi' (not brandy) mostly. But we cannot brush aside the experience of people like Veda too. But a strong mind does not get affected by all these.
    I wonder why, but mostly only women are held hostages by the peis and pisasus, can it have any explanation?