1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A peep into the world of ghosts!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Syama
    After reading your FB, I went back to read again Chitvish's reply and you are right about Chitvish running away from the cat as a teenager. I somehow read it first as the cat running away from her!
    Kaadal Pisasu is a nice but creepy song. Conjures images of someone being in love with a pisasu!
    Sri

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear cheeniya sir,
    what a wonderful post. I do not know how i missed this. till now i was under the impression, that "pai" Aavi, ' pisasu" are one and the same. from your post you have thrown light in it. But usually, female aavi would come draped in white saree with the hair spreaded at the back.but when they show the male aavi they show it in ugly manner. Why?
    Last week i came across a programme in VijayTv, in which i saw a lady( i do not remember her name now) in Coimbatore talks with Aavi. S. Ve. Sekar visits there to get instructions by his father through that lady. He quoted one or two incidents also where his father guided him through this lady. When the TV, man wanted to talk with M.G. R. she called the aavi. but the answers are very vague. A nother lady in a village also does the talking.Are they really talking to the 'Aavis"? I am wondering. I saw Aavi in "Woh kon thi" and in Karpagam, when it would sing " Mannavane azhalzma kannerai vidalama" nice post. enjoyed very much.
    with love
    pad

3. Cheeniya

Dear Pad
    ‘Who kaun thi?’ was miles ahead of ‘Karpagam’ aavi in grandeur and aesthetics. Sadhna filled the role perfectly. And Madan Mohan had given us some great songs in that movie which are popular even today. But Karpagam was way behind in all these departments. When I saw ‘Who kaun thi’ , I realized that aavis too were lovable! I lost sleep for several days not out of fear but out of infatuation with the aavi Sadhna!

I agree with you that there is a general tendency to make the female aavis ravishingly beautiful while male aavis are repulsive. The male of the species can never see a woman ugly even when she becomes a aavi. The producers, being predominantly male, therefore make the female aavis very pretty and for the same reason make the male aavis ugly. Further, there is not much scope for showing a male aavi glamorously but it is not so in the case of female aavis.

I have seen the Aavi talking in a gruff voice with the syllables reversed in the film Exorcist. But people who visit such medium say they hear the dead in their own voice. God only knows the truth!
    Sri

4. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Ohhhhhhhhhh haaaaaaaaaa

One of my favourite topic to discuss with.

I just love horror stories,serials and movies.

Of all the most I like "Avi" which is beautiful and sings well.

Same like some other viewer even I used to play prank when I was in hostel.

It was a school hostel When I was in my H.S.C but college girls were allowed to stay in our hostel as the college hostel construction was going on.......

These college girls used to oversmart with us as they are elder we have to call them "akka" and they are seniors in hostel and all.So we were a kinda of bullied by them.We decided to scare them.

My hostel was a corridor type all the rooms had a wider passage and all the four sides surrounded by rooms and we could see the sky above.Really that building was a scary one as we could see the sky we were always afraid of someone jumping from the gap.:).It didnt happen so...

We few of my freinds who were allotted the 1st floor used to wear anklets and run around the corridor and bang their doors very hard.We knew no one would ever dare to open the door.

And we used to come running to our room after banging and that would cause a lot of "Thud thud " noise on the cement flooring.

Next day morning we will keep our ears wide open to hear what these girls are speaking about in our bathroom early morning.

These girls would discuss that some one banged and some voice has been heard and etc etc

We used to Roll on the floor laughing after returning to our room.

Its is really an unforgetable experience in my school days.

Then I have many such experience in hostel some really terrific.

I would like to share one more We used to sit in the corridoor and study after our study hours during which we heared the footsteps of someone walking from the stairs of terrace which is always locked.
    We ran inside our bed hall.

We sometimes hear someone cutting trees,my juniors have heard someone screaming etc etc.

The funny part is our kitchen maids used to sleep themselves surrounded by broom and slippers.:spin:spin

We heard that some incident has taken place or some say that it was a graveyard before where our hostel is situated.But I enjoyed those terrific moments.I love it.

I m sure chenniya i made the ridiculous post very terrifying.

And regarding your Kadhal pisasu doubt I guess that the real women is one who values love,are sentimental,are emotional,are respectful,are possesive and I beleive that all this covers the word 'Kadhal'.
    But they are referred pisasu when they see their hubby talking with any other women more than casual talk,supporting any other women,praising any other women they become pisasu and give a good disco pisasu dance and make their husband's understand that he is only for her.

because of Kadhal only she became pisasu na

So she is "Kadhal pisasu"

I know its very long please forgive me.

I am not able control the flow of words.Anyways Im blocking it here So that I will be allowed to comment on Chenniya's next post.

5. Cheeniya

Dear Prettina
    That's good explanation for Kadal Pisasu. I particularly liked your lines 'the real women are those who value love,are sentimental,are emotional,are respectful,are possesive and I believe that all this covers the word 'Kadhal' pisasu' . You also say that 'they are referred pisasu when they see their hubby talking with any other women more than casual talk' But who is to decide whether it was only a casual talk? The hubby will say it was casual and the wife will say it was not!

I like the quote of Oscar Wilde you have added to your signature. Women are meant to be loved and not to be understood! Very true but I always thought that it was a man's point of view but I am surprised to see that you have added it to your signature! Most women even if they are loved always lament that they are not understood! As far as I am concerned, true love breeds understanding. If it doesn't, then that love is superficial.

Your hostel incidents were hilarious. I always wondered what happened in women's hostels on any given day. Now I know!
    Sri

6. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Dear Chenniya

Thanks for your comments after reading my reply.

Im proud that i made you laugh by my hostel pranks.

And regarding my signature I like to be practical.

Women are meant to be loved and not to be understood!

Chenniya says"Most women even if they are loved always lament that they are not understood! "

I agree to your words it is because women is not contented with the love men has given because he says that he loves her but in action there is no sign of love.

Men's try to understand first and then love whereas women are to be loved first so that understanding creeps in.

7. Cheeniya

Dear Prettina
    After four decades of married life, all I can say is that I love my wife more than I understand her! Be it wife, sister or daughter or even a friend, women will always be an enigma and that makes them fascinating. According to me, the more enigmatic a woman is, the higher is her value. On the contrary, men have to be totally transparent and that makes them distinguished. Vice versa can be real hell!

Incidentally, I am cheeniya, not chenniya! You make me sound as if I am a leader of Pattali Makkal Katchi of Dr.Ramadoss!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  8. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

I would say that there are equal distribution between complaining women and contented women and same thing applies to men there are men who love and who try to understand.So you will again argue that " Women say men never Understand" and I have to object it.Then it wil become a debate.SO I conclude it depends upon person to person and the situation but you cant blame the whole women community Chenniya ooops Cheeniya.:shaking:

Ohh is it ! I wil make you now sound as a sweetener.Is it ok SugarFather.hehehhehehhehe

Cha cha leader of Pattali Makkal Katchi uh????? Yuck
    i would have made you leader of Paechali(Speaker) Makkal Katchi :yes:.:lol:

9. Cheeniya

Dear Prettina
    i would have made you leader of Paechali(Speaker) Makkal Katchi

Yes that suits me well. Many people even complain about it that I have 'stopping trouble'! When I start talking I can never stop. So I accept your offer with all humility!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  10. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Ohhh Cheeniya Its my pleasure.