1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Pause

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by shivachoubey, Sep 12, 2012.

1. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shiva.. Yeah I tried sending a PM. I was so amazed with your dedication in achieving the weightloss.. Just wanted to ask.. if you had any medical conditions before weightloss. I'm having PCOS :'( very worried if i can do the weightloss success. not in vain.. I already started my weightloss project. But very doubtful on how much I can further. need you view on this. I know you might think.. "Y is she even bugging me with this Q" But instead of asking a doctor who has never done a weightloss & have always spoken about one I thought I can ask the expert who has done it & mastered it. :)

2. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear SuganVijay,

I had a major slip disc before I started my weight loss. From 2007 to 2009 I was not able to walk pain free, was on pain killer for a very long time. Infact when I started my weight loss I could only manage to walk for 10 - 15 minutes because of my pain.

Its fine to have a doubt BUT it will not harm you to follow a healthy lifestyle. There are people who are convinced that they will never lose weight and keep on eating junk food and end up gaining more weight.

Weight loss or no weight loss at least a shift in your attitude will stop any further weight gain. If you have PCOS then take your medicines which will help you to lose weight. Talking to your doctor and getting proper medication will help you drop of kilos.

Doubts will only lead to confusion. Give your very best shot at weight loss and I am sure results will be good. Don't announce the result before trying and giving your very best. It doesn't matter what medical condition you have, if you have set your heart on weight loss then you will achieve it no matter what the condition is.

You can write to me on my weight loss thread here

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/82366-a-weight-loss-success-story.html

Lots of love to you

regards

Shiva

3. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

sorry for the alte wishes Shiva...

Congratz..Have a nice time with your litle one..

4. shivachoubey

Dear Prana,

Thanks for the wishes.

Wishes are wishes and they always bring in so much joy.

Lots of love to you

regards

Shiva

5. Shijiskumar

Shijiskumar Bronze IL'ite

Congratulations Shiva.. enjoy with your baby
    Shijimol

6. shivachoubey

Dear Shijimol,

Thanks a ton for the wishes. He is a joy to be with and every single day with him is a blessing.

Lots of love to you.

regards

Shiva

7. sheshupriya

sheshupriya New IL'ite

Congrats Dear. Please post your baby pics. God bless your family. Wish you A very Happy New Year

8. shivachoubey

Dear Sheshupriya

Thanks a ton for the wishes dear friend,

A very very happy new year to you and your family.

Love

Shiva

9. selene

selene Silver IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

I have been a silent reader of your weight loss journey till now. Just wanted to say you are an inspiration to so many women like me who are desperate to loose weight.

I had lots of "starts" in getting my weight loss journey started post pregnancy in the last year but i have failed. However i gained a little knowledge on what works for me and what doesn't. So this new year onwards decided to give it a try one more time with a slow & steady approach.

First week is just getting the body used to walking for min 30 min daily. So far so good. however in the food department i am not able to cut down whatever i eat by half. Even if i have only 2 rotis for lunch, i need 2 bowls of curry/veggies + 1.5 bowls of salad and 2 bowls on dal till i feel full. I am not able to control after eating just 2 roti+1 cup dal +1 cup curry +1 cup salad. When i started jotting down how much i eat daily, end of day when i read the whole thing, i feel i am gulping down soooo much of food - like bakasur.
    I need to know if there is a way i can control this particular trait. please do let me know.

Happy new year!!

cheers,
    Selene

10. shivachoubey

Dear Selene,

A very happy new year to you. Thanks for finding inspiration in me.

Knowledge is a very useful tool in weight loss and I am very glad to know that you took time to understand what works for you and what not.

I never monitored my intake of veggies and dhal. What needs to be controlled is the amount of roties and rice. Why 1.5 bowl of salad, have 2 bowls of salad. Get in some raita too. You can opt for making thin dhal. I used to drink a big bowl of dhal soup with my meals. If I felt hungry I used to have more soup and veggies.

Your aim should be to reduce the roti intake to one. So ideally a meal of 1 roti with lots of veggies, dhal, salad and raita. Don't make this change right now. Reduce the amount of roti only when the weight stops dropping.

If possible start eating every 2 hours. You can also start your meals with a glass of thin buttermilk to curb your hunger. If 2 bowls of dhal bother you then make the dhal thin and go for 2 bowls, this way psychologically your mind will register 2 bowls but you will consume less calories. Make sure to make your veggies in less oil.

If you think you are eating more then you should wait till you go in full mode exercising, you will be hungerier. Beauty about weight loss is to keep eating right kind of food to keep your metabolism going. I eat every 2 hours :).

Hope this helps.

Keep me posted about your weight loss progress.

If you want you can contact me on this weight loss thread.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...pe/82366-a-weight-loss-success-story-712.html

Lots of love

regards

Shiva