1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A murder in our family

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Reenae

Reenae Bronze IL'ite

Dear Pushpavalli,

I cannot find words to express my horror at what happened. I feel extremely sorry for you all. May God give you strength to cope with such an unexpected incident. My heart goes out to your mother in law.

Take care

2. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hello Pushavalli,

I read the title of the story as "MURDER IN a FAMILY". and missed our.
    aaafter finishing it I was horrified and it took few minutes for me to come to normalcy and read it again.I can imagine the impact of it on your mil and dh.I really appreciate you and your kids for taking care of your mentally disturbed MIL.I can imagine how though that might be for all of you.

May God give you all the strenghth and happiness.

3. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Pushpa Madam, That is a terrific experience. What benefit did the youth derived from killing the innocent soul who was trying to help him! He would have been definetely jailed for life. It teaches a lesson that we should not let our frustrations overrule our logical thinking. Had that guy given a slight thought he wouldnot have done this. He spoiled his life, and the life of the girl who loved him and also the peace of innocent priest's family. The narration is excellent. I initially thought that it was some story u were trying to narrate. :hatsoff to u.

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mrs. Pushpa,I am still in shock over the incident. I don't know what to say and how to express my feelings.May God give your family enough strength to move forward, eventhough our memories drag us.sriniketan

5. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Pushpavalli Srinivasan,

I thought this is a fiction or a short story of a murder of a distant relative. I am sorry to learn that it is your FIL. Your MIL and husband must have gone through tough time after this incident.

A very similar incident happened to one of my colleagues in BARC. The lady had a servant boy from Tamil Nadu in her house and One day the boy stabbed her leaving her bleeding to death. Neighbors came to know much later when they saw the blood oozing out from under the door. The lady was a promising scientist and was to be married. The boy was apprehended and convicted. We had the shock of the murder for a long time to get over.

Regards,

TDU

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kanaka, Poonam, Paulina, Reenae, Krish,
    Sujatha, Sriniketan, and TDU,
    My hubby and myself were very much moved to read your replies and could hardly find words to express our gratitude for the concern you have shown. It is heartening to know that time and distance is not a bar to share our joys and sorrows with our large Indus family.Thank you all and please accept this as individual reply written to one and all.
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

7. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Pushpa Srini,

I am really shocked to hear that.... I couldnt digest that pious person will also be targetted for... That too by a person who was fed and helped... I have no words to express... I can understand the shock of your MIL/DH... It will definitely affect and leave a big scar in the minds & thoughts of your DH... May God give enough strength for him to come out of this...

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vysan,
    Thank you for the concern you have shown and your kind message.
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

9. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa Ma'am

It was a moving post. The violent death of his parent has no doubt left a scar
    in ur husband's mind.

I pray that let the sufferings that ur parents-in-law faced during their lifetime
    be washed off, and they attain "piravi illa nillai".

(I m taught,that the sufferings one faces,is accumulated as toxic in the body,.....now the symbolic immersing of the ashes in holy river is done to cleanse, after death ..................but we have got to pray continuously for the soul.)

After all, its our duty towards our parents, who r our "kuladeivam".
    My prayers r always with u... and as u r my elders I seek ur blessings.
    Bye..

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  10. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Pushpavalli,
    It was shocking to read about such a brutal act, so heartless. I read this post a couple of days earlier but was too shocked to reply, this is to tell you that it must have been heart wrenching for your family to come to terms with the loss, my prayers are with you for your family's strength and peace of mind.