1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Mother First

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Nikky I like the way you call New Age story.. I agree its New Age.. maybe because this age needs it.. thanks.

2. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear Anandchitra Madam,

Sorry for my late comments. Liked the positive approach of your story. A big bow to Shalini's parents and Vidya. It is very important for the parents or the in-laws to strike a balance,to have peace in the family. That is need for the hour. You have written so well...

Liked Oviya's comments : " Can be given as a laminated [COLOR=green! important][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=green! important][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]gift[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] to newly-weds(to the family,too as 'ilavasa inaippu')."

With love and regards,
    Gowri

3. Anandchitra

Dear Gowri The ilavasa inaippu idea is really nice.. Most of the time parents get caught in politics and refuse to accept responsibilty.. its easier to blame the other side.. I have seen this happening and I always thought an intervention done by the right person at the right time will work wonders.

4. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

Wow...really nice effort from MIL....instead of picking up a open fight...everything is handled properly.....

Thank you AC mam for posting this!!

5. Anandchitra

Saahithya I thought its time to picture the mother in law ina differnt angle.. instead of the usual.. I am sure it will also work dont you?? After all what matters most to mothers is their childrens happiness:)

6. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

dear ac,
    very well written.
    i really appreciate the way shalini's parents act to the situation and they are parents who are really concerned about their child's welfare and want them to be sensible and successful and happy in life.even if they were to lose the trust of the daughter in the process but the ending was too gud.
    keep them coming.
    regards
    pavi

7. Anandchitra

Pavi something I dont understand is when I spend time and write something not many takers.. this one i just wrote in a few minutes and posted without editing even.. and many appreciation.. Now if I could only figure out how this works:)!!!!!!!!!
    I thought on these lines after seeing a wife of my nephew.. totally spoilt and rich beyond measure.. Her mother is an excellent lady.. somehow that has eluded the daughter.. imagine my sadness when I have to see her treat my sisinlaw in a poor fashion.. my hubby says to be prepared.. this is todays world. So I wanted to rewrite atleast in a story for a nicer ending.. I really feel that it boils down to this in the end.. However everyone's ego gets in between.. and who' s the loser?! sorry to ramble!

8. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear AC Akka,

I know, I am coming late for this Blog…But still…

In today’s realistic world, it is very difficult to find people like Vidhya and Shalini’s parents… In this world, the first thing people talk about is how to alienate the son from the parents and at times… the parents of the girl/boy try to run the family on behalf of their daughter/son instead of teaching the realities of life and how to face the challenges… so that the daughter/son doesn’t know the painful realities of life… But they forget that in the process they hurt lot of people and make their daughter / son dependent on somebody… When they are forced to face the challenges they fail miserably…

Nice and happy to read… Only wish this also happens in reality…

Veda

9. Anandchitra

Veda
    This situation can never happen in real life.
    Like you say the first thing is the girl wants to alienate the boys family members.. not all but some.
    What to do.. hope we are blessed to get better people in our lives.