1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Moment of Peace

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Abha, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

"There are some times here that you are able to stop and look around you and find a moment of peace, we were crossing the tigris river at night under a full moon. The light was dancing on the water, a light breeze floated through the trees. You think to yourself how nice this would be with someone special, then flares light up the sky and you see tracer fire off in the distance and the cold slap of reality sets in that you are in the middle of a war zone..."

This is an excerpt from the letters written by American soldiers in Iraq. The words written by this soldier, reflect his feelings so strongly. This definitely made me think, why wars happen ? They take away lives, they keep the lovers apart, they keep you from your loved ones. This is just a game of power, I feel. I found this quite touching so wanted to share it with you

Thanks
    ~Abha

2. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Good observation, as per me war takes place to satisfy individual ego. When the ego clashes this happened. Now a days wars are not to restain country peace, but to satisfy politician's evil ambitions.

3. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Good post Abha.

Yeah....come to think of it, you wonder why these wars take place. It seems to be more of satisfying one's ego more than anything else. Wonder if something good ever comes of it. Stories of soldiers laying down their life for the country, being away from loved ones, their families battling out life alone is definitely heart wrenching.

One learned man whose book i've read defined WAR as the 'Worst Act of Reasoning'. Also read somewhere that India is one country which hasn't invaded any country for it's own benefit. Makes me feel so proud.

Cheers!
    Ragini.

4. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

thanks for ur responses... specially this war of iraq is in a way just a game of power, in that somebody is trying to acquire other countries assets and is satisfying his Ego from this.. but even the countrymen dont like Him at all

ragini thats a good piece of info about india... India i think is a country with a noble soul... cant hurt others... but always ready to help others...

thanks
    ~Abha