1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A memorable trip to Koduvayur

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 5, 2010.

1. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Hi viji, nice meeting you after a wee break. Wow, 35 persons in train journey must be really fun. Hope you would have had a great darshan in Guruvayur temple. Enjoyed your writeup about Vradham, Nichayathartham, Marriage, and also the feast. My hearty wishes to Divya and Kannan :thumbsup. Hope, to and fro you would have enjoyed home made food . How is Gopika and pratima. My sweet kisses to them.

2. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

It sure has been a memorable journey and we can surely see how you must have enjoyed it!!!! It brought back my childhood memories, when all of us form my Mom's side travelled to attend my aunt's seemantham. I was a small kid then and all I remember was we went in a big group with homemade puliyodarai, thayor saadam et all!!
    Nicely written mami, it sure did revive my childhood memories.

Regards,
    Viji

3. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

It's always a pleasure going through your posts Iyerviji. So, you hit three mangoes with one stone - attending a grand wedding, having a Darshan at Guruvayoor and a Darshan of your family deity too. I am really happy for you.
    I agree with you that it's better to carry our own food wherever we travel. Whenever we go for a short trip I always carry food from home or stay in a place where there's a kitchen.
    Loved to read about your train trip that too with so many people. It must have been fun. Anyway, we all missed you here.
    Love
    monifa

4. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Dear Vijima,

Your writing made me attend the wedding of Kannan & Divya. As many have earlier said the joy of going in the train with so many people ... the chit chats .... bullying ... I miss them all.

When you said about train journey I got reminded of my engagement trip. All my family & clerks (almost 87) went from Tirunelveli to chennai. All were talking about their wedding how they met eachother ... many things came into light that night we didnot let anyone sleep. It was all fun.

You explained the small things in a very nice way ... the timing ... missing someone ... visiting places .... SUperb!!!!

Thanks Vijima .... for taking us along with you ....
    It was a live relay .... (konjam delay hahaha ) but we enjoyed it .... :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Hai Viji mami,
    nice post about wonderful trip .nice to hear that you had a nice dharsan in Lord Guruvayurappan

Thanks for sharing your happy experience .
    en akka nichayathartham ninaivu vandhuruchu...enga appavum 15 people of my family members tkt book panni azhaithukondu ponathu ninaivukku vandhathu

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Soldier

Enjoyed reading your loving fb with so much information. Nice to know that you also enjoyed your trip during your bil's son's marraige. Boy's side marriage is fun because there are not much responsibilities from our side.

But though Koduvayur marriage was boy's side and we enjoyed everything and less responsbilities but while coming back we had lot of luggage from the boy's side, his gifts, the girl's silver and pithal vessels also we had to take it but since many people were there and though many were 60 plus everyone helped in taking the luggage from the station to outside the station. That was a difficult job because they carried the luggage through the railway lane and took to the roadside.

Glad to know you enjoyed my write up.

love
    viji

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radha

Glad to know that you like my posts and missed my post. You have made my day by saying that. Ya Gopika is with her other grandmother and enjoying there, since I had gone for a marriage for a week did not feelanything. Now till she comes on 22nd February it is going to be difficult for me and will be missing her but since IL is there I can spend my time with my friends here.

Since our group was peoplle who were 60 plus we sang bhajans, if it had been a younger group we would have played anthakshari. Even the priest and his wife were there with us, the Priest who had conducted our marriage 37years back and I was surprised that he was telling me Vijaya I only conducted your marriage.

You have given the correct names only. Tbanks for your good wishes for the couple

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindian

Glad to know that you missed me , I also missed and was thinking of you when I was having the variety of food there. Now after I am back was missing you since two days.

Glad to know you enjoyed the post. Yes we had lot of fun and I was so thrilled that we could go to Guruvayur and our Kula Devam temple. You are lucky that you get a chance to go to Guruvayur every year.We get a chance only when we visit kerala.

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha

Thanks for visitng here and glad to know you enjoyed the post . I know you are always there to encourage me.

love
    viji

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nats

You really entertained me with your wonderful fb. Thanks for your appreciation, you made my day myson. Sons always make their mothers happy ad you have proved that.

While coming we were four women and fourteen men and the men more than the women, now dont say women ran away. The other men and women wanted to take the advantage of visitng the temples nearby as they might not get another chance to come to the south. Anyway I know you are kidding.

The man who gotinjured poor him, he has been asked to take rest for six months and has to wear a belt always.

Enjoyed reading your fb

love
    viji