1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Man's Tribute To Womanhood!

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Nov 17, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,

Don't load me with guilt saying that you are sacrificing your sleep, making your relatives think you are crazy, just to read my thread. This can surely wait, Kamla.

I am very happy today as I have made so many fine women like you feel proud of your womanhood. It is not a blessing given to many men.

And the praise you have for my translation also belongs to the great poet Abdul Rahman. For it was his words which made me transcreate (to use Ambika's word) the original. May be if it had been a poem by a lover to his beloved I would not have done justice. But this poem I was one with him. And as I read his words I thought that he is giving life to some of my thoughts lying in the deepest intervals of my being.

Thanks once again,
    sridhar

2. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

I have guessed...

Dear Varalotti,

I shall come back to your post in a shortwhile. Just a quick look at your thread and reply to your question..Well, I think am close to guessing the "women in your life" identity in this community!

Well , its Indhusri.

If I am right at my guess, waiting to hear eagerly what prize awaits me for the right answer ! :) :) and I whole-heartedly, welcome her to this Community !

Regards,
    Preethi

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
  3. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Thanks ....

Hi Preethi ,
    Thanks a lot for ur warm welcome ! I feel extremely happy to join ur lively community ! I like u personally because u r having my sweet daughter's name ! Thanks to my husband for introducing me to u all in a pleasant way !
    Once again , thanks to u Preethi !
    With love ,
    Indhu.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
  4. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Hi Indu,
    welcome!
    Very happy to see you here!
    my regards to your sweet daughter.......

5. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

love you Chithra..

My dear Chithra,
    When I asked you about positive energy , you gave me a wonderful explanation in a simple manner!
    Whatever I asked for, you haven't disappointed me and answered patiently..That's why I called you my net mother..Mothers only can love their kids like this..
    Chithra , the poem you suggested, is very very beautiful.. I do not know how to praise it!
    love you,
    seena.

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Welcome Indhusri:)

My dear Indhusri,

It is my great pleasure to welcome you to this forum. I am so happy that you will now be a part of IL and as such will impart more insight into our popular Hero..Varalotti Sridhar's thoughts...not that he has made any bones about his true nature. God seems to have spent some careful thought in bringing both of you together. After reading Sridhar's Tribute to Womanhood, I think you are made for each other in every sense. I have seen your pictures and you are made for each other in the looks department too!
    God Bless you Both.
    Looking forward to funfilled and warm interaction with you.....

Love and Hugs..Kamla/Sujata

7. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

To the Perfect Couple !

Dear Varalotti and Indhusri.

I am writing a combined reply to you both, as I don't want to seperate my reply to the wonderful couple like you !

Varalotti, firstly, that was a good poem that you posted...Truely in all ways its a tribute to Womenhood...! From the time immorial, women were looked down by the men, though women were far better perfomers in life in their various roles compared to men. Only a man who fully respects and understand women can first of all bring such true emotions about a women and come to terms with how she is being treated by her male counterparts. I bow to the creator of this poem Abdul Rehman for his remarkable noble quality of seeing women as a women !

You are no less Varalotti, your respect and understanding of women has been reflected in every story and work of yours. In general, I believed most of the male writers are chauvinist and always had their upper hand on women in their stories too. You make a BIG difference compared to other male authors and you have proved me wrong with the outcome of your story which fights for women and her rights and your aggresive support to women characters of your story.Generally there is a saying that "Only Women understands a Women", but looking at persons like you , I can proudly say "Men too can Understand Women better than a Women does". I must say every women associated in your life , in your family and in your friends circle, are blessed and previleged to have /known a person like you.

Indhu, You have to be given the credit to be behind your man's success. Unless, the homefront is a paradise, Varalotti couldn't have been an achiever today. "Manavi Amaivathellam Iraivan kodutha Varam", Varalotti has that Varam in adundance. I can tell that from his success story of his life ! I am fond of my own saying , which I use repeatedly to everyone while talking of Success - "It's not great to be a Celebrity, but it's great to make One !" - I am always in awe of the makers of celebrities like Narayanan murthy, Sharukh Khan etc, who but for their wife's support and confidence and undettering love, couldn't have achieved what they wanted in their life ! I look at you with the same respect with which I look at, Sudha Murthy and Gauri Khan, who were the makers of such celebrities today and been my role-models for a Perfect "Wife" ! Hat's Off to you Indhu, Varalotti deserves the best in his life for his character, and you're undoubtedly his "Best" ! And many thanks for the personal liking you have for me , I owe that liking to my namesake, your wonderful daughter Preethi. Looking forward to interact more with you in the future.

Wishing your family a great going and happy life forever !

Love,
    Preethi
    P.S : Am still eagerly waiting to hear about the gift for my right guess ! :tongue

8. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Great job done!

Sridhar,
    When you told me to translate the two line poem of Kunjunni master I found how hard it is to convey the beauty of the original in to another language.
    But here, I really appreciate you as you have been succeeded to carry the lovely message from Tamil to English. Even though I do not know Tamil, I could understand it from the poem it self and from our Chithra and other ILites also.

Now I have been stronger in my belief that the writers of the regional languages are more powerful in thoughts and must get the reputation of world famous writers.

Thanks for the foot notes you are provided, it was very helpful to understand the poem and I feel proud to say, I know all that stories before! Thank you so much for the great job.
    Shahana.

9. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

preetheeeeeeeeee

My dear Preethi,
    Share the reward for guessing with me.:-D .I couldn't post it soon, since IL was down..:cry:
    Preethi, the real Indu in IL is my friend from Singapore, so it was easy for me to guess this Indhusri.. we can fight for the prize, dear friend..:-D

10. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

very mesmerising

Dear Varalotti:clap ,
    Abdul Rehman's poem on womanhood is a wonderful tribute to women and it is all the more gracious of you to post it in thisalmost women,s forum. The English translation is stunning and reading it a second time left me in awe. You are really great to appreciate all the women in your life and may be thats why the womenfolk in this IL flock to you
    Kudos to you and a big hello to indusri
    Regards,
    Meenu

Last edited: Nov 20, 2006