1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 7

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Aug 25, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hi Roopa,
    thanks.
    When a person is in death bed people around him have nothing but love for him and focus only on his good qualities. But when he is hale and healthy, they focus only on his bad qualities. That's the world.
    Only real saints like Kumar can look into the good that is hidden in the depths of one's heart.
    I am happy that you like Kumar's character.
    love,
    sridhar

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    am completely bowled over by this episode. I do not have anything to say except this- you have done an excellent job in making us understand about what life is.

3. varalotti

Dear Varloo,
    thanks a lot for that short and sweet fb which has given me enough inspiration to write another hundred serials for IL.
    love,
    sridhar

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti
    I actully read this yesterday itself but never had the words to put nor do I have today. It is so true when a person is in front of us we do not care much about them but something happens or will go away we start missing them. You have conveyed this message very beautifully.
    We don't need to know a person for ages even with a few meeting we come to know what that person is this is for the relation that you have shown betwwen Kumar and Arun, where Kumar asked Kamla to pray for this Arun and he himself gave away drinking so that the Lord will protect Arun's father.
    Well written............

5. varalotti

Dear Aruna,
    thanks for those kind words. Actually relationship is not a function of time. There are persons whome we know for centuries but do not feel close to them. On the other had we feel very close to persons whom we have met just a few seconds before.
    Kumar had in an earlier episode talked about Arun's attitude towards God and love. And that probably would have induced him to make this kind of a prayer and a sacrifice.
    You are now up to date Aruna. In another 12, 14 hours you can read the 8th episode.
    thanks for joining us. thanks for the extra time devoted to read all the episodes in one go (or a few goes, perhaps)
    love,

6. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Chain of Emotions !!

Dear Sridhar,

The seventh episode is full of powerful emotions.

It was quite surprising to note that Arun had not informed his dad of his resignation ! Somehow, I had presumed he would have...probably in all the excitement happening in his life, his dad had taken a back-seat!?

I just couldn't believe the audacity of the Bank Manager, lying through his teeth ! Is this the way one responsible person acts? Unbelievable !

I liked the way where you had highlighted the pain/reaction of Krishnamurthi during the course of coversation between him and the Manager. I really feel sorry for him, having so much affection for his son, am sure this news had taken a toll on him !!

Once again Dr.Kumar rises high above everyone. Guess, we can put him up on a pedestal . He keeps everyone at ease, finds a solution to the problems without hurting anyone and people feel safe around him ! Such a reliable person. Is he for real? :)

I couldn't believe that he was willing to give up drinking for Arun. Now, it leads us to believe that, along with Kamla, who has a tendency to get attached to her patients, Kumar is also not far from her.

The conversation between Arun and Kumar during the drive was truly an eye-opener for the readers and Dr.Kumar. It had shown Arun's dad in a positive light ( and I was elated about it, since I guessed this is how he would be).

I heaved a big sigh of relief, when Arun got to meet his dad (without all the commotion and drama) because of the timely intervention of Dr.Kumar.

Hats off to Dr.Kumar and his student for making this feasible.

All's well that ends well ! I am happy that Arun and Krishnamurthi have understood each other now and the invisible wall between them has come crashing down !!

Looking forward to the next episode...what kind of trouble is Kamla facing?

As you had promised, here I am , safe and sound, after the roller-coaster ride.

Regards
    Krithika

7. varalotti

My Dear GFs,
    I reached Madurai, and my home just a few minutes back. Pandyan Express was late today though Indhu and I did not notice that, as we were sleeping till the train rolled in to Platform 1 at Madurai Junction.

The first thing I am doing after I stepped into my room is to post the next episode as I know you will all be waiting for that.

With this episode we will be not only flying higher but also faster. Have your seat belts fastened. You will all be safe and happy not because of the pilot in command, but because of the love and affection you have for him.

Now on to the 8th, a slightly longer episode.

Love,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Re: Chain of Emotions !!

Dear Krithika,

I was in half mind to go to the 8th episode without seeing your fb. Fortunately minutes before 8th episode was due you had posted the fb for 7th. Thanks.

Arun did not want to tell his Dad of his resignation through telephone. He had planned to go there in his new car and tell him in person about his success in writing. But unfortunately destiny which came in the form of the evil branch manager did not let him do so.

I have known many persons in very high positions doing that. Once I actually met a bank manager who did far worse than what the Manager in the story did. Reality any day is stranger and many times worse than fiction.

You are right. The way the Manager conveyed the information, the height of distortion, destroyed Krishamurthi's heart and was responsible for his death.

Is Dr.Kumar for real? There were times, Krithika, when each of us was as good as Dr.Kumar. Somewhere down the line we deviated from the line of goodness and went on to become evil. Now from our standpoint Kumar appears an illusion. My anxiety as a writer is that we should at least have Kumar as our ideal condition. The same way we have Rama, Krishna and Buddha.

At least for Kamla Arun is a patient. For Kumar he is one step removed. He is his wife's patient. But Kumar has high regards for Arun's love, his selfless love for Kamla. For good people like Kumar that alone matters.

When Arun had set a dog's barking tone for his father's phone number, I remember, you were the one who objected. Right from day one Arun's dad and Arun - both were good. But they could not communicate that goodness effectively till Dr.Kumar came between them. I am now happy that now Daddy's girl Krithika is comfortable.

I have posted the next episode as well. Kamla's problems are now known. Happy to know that you are safe even after the roller-coaster ride. But the ride is not yet over. I am planning to increase both the speed and the gradient of the ride.

Have your seat belt fastened and hold tight. You will sail through.

regards,

9. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    Sorry for my very late entry to the 7<SUP>th</SUP> episode !

It seems- had he attended the phone earlier , he would have saved his dear father . But fate played its part brutally there . Poor Arun was the victim there .

the heartless bank manager’s words only killed Arun’s father literally . He colud not imagine Arun jobless . So got the massive attack . The persons like the bank manager are sure to be punished for their deeds & words for all the births to come .
    Arun’s father , believing each & every word of him shows the normal tendency of the short- tempered fathers . Should have trust in their sons - only then it will be reciprocated .

Kumar ‘s concern over Arun is amazing ! Making arrangements for his trip , his consoling words , to top it all , he is ready even to quit drinking for him ( making deal with God ,going out of the way ) – :bowdown to Kumar !

- arun’s words went deep into my heart .

Krishnamurthy’s genuine words of gratitude
    brought tears in my eyes .
    Deeply touching episode , Sridhar !
    Love ,
    Indhu.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

Superb.Just wanting to read the next part .i am impatient.Regards.kamal