1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 5

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Thanks for a detailed reply to my fb ! As always, I am amazed by the way you manage to write a personalised & sincere reply to all the fb's !! Infact these replies alone could make an interesting read for many of us here.

I beg to differ from your statements above since it implies that a housewife does her job of washing in the machine mechanically. I do have passion even for that simple chore Sridhar...call me strange or weird..that's just me ! :) Even though there is no creativity in that, I feel ,only when there is 100% dedication even in that mundane task...it can be accomplished effectively !

Absolutely agree with your daughter here ! Doctors like Kamla must be very rare to find in real life...maybe 1 in a million?

Pretty impressive story about the rich Texas Oil barren ! There are indeed many mindless professionals who do their job with their mind and not heart. Superficially, they may appear to put their heart & soul, but they work mechanically !

Accepted your explanation for Marimuthu's regard for Kamla !

Agreed about love on all counts ! Hope it directs Arun in a clearer and positive path eventually. :)

As for your calculation of average 1500 views and 15,000 minutes, guess you have not taken into account your repeat audience (in this case repeat readers).

Many of us do come back to read all your feedbacks and replies (including me) which may not reflect as double views. Totally, you may have to count those minutes too ,spent on reading all the fb's and replies by all the readers (even if they don't reply)

So, one request, let us not confine the total minutes spent by the readers to just reading all the parts of one episode ! Hope I've not confused you. :)

Regards
    Krithika

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Krithika,
    I have been missing you and your long, detailed fb for a while. There is no secret about my managing to write a personalised reply. Each one of you have gifted me your time, first to read a long episode of about 4000 plus words and second to write a personal fb to me. Reading your fb has been my greatest reward in writing a serial for ILites.
    If my responses are interesting it was because your posts were all interesting in the first place.

Well said, Krithika. I admire your passion even for mundane tasks. But how many people have that? That's the problem. When it comes to chores, not only doing dishes and washing clothes, but even an accountants work is considered mundane and mechanical. But I love doing them. Even after spending donkeys years in the profession, I still get a thrill when I tally a tough balance sheet. For me sudoku and accounts are but the same.
    Osho used to say that one can sweep the floor with so much of creatitivity; on the other hand one can write an epic without any creativity.

Yes, you are right. Of late I find many Doctors so dispassionately detached from their patients. That kind of distances the patients and delays the healing process. Kamla's passionate attachment has done wonders to Arun.
    You are right. It is these people who get maximum stress from work. When you bring your heart to the work place, stress will run out of the system through the backdoor.

Thanks.
    I am still mulling over so many possible endings to the story. So pray God that love should direct me first so that I can direct these characters.

I think repeat audience is factored into views-count. You have not confused me. Point noted. Now I realise that I have a greater responsibility.
    Thanks for the long fb, Krithika.
    regards,

Regards
    Krithika[/quote]

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti
    Among all the stories that you have written so far in IL I think this is the best one I have ever read. Just no words to express your writtings the way you have written this story is superb............
    Reading this episode I have a feeling that Vidya is not yet married and she is waiting for Arun............The Handsome man that she has mentioned about I feel it might be about Arun............ok ok will not let my imagination dance will go and read the next one........to see what will happen..........

4. varalotti

Dear Aruna,
    Thanks for the kind compliments. You find ALS the best because it is my latest in IL. You and all the ILites have your role in making this the best story. For I have been growing with each story and you guys are responsible for my growth. You give your fb, your comments, words of praise, condemnation.. all these have made me grow.
    I can't make any commitment about Vidya being married or not. Nor can I surely say that Vidya referred to Arun as the handsome person.
    But meanwhile why not let your imagination dance, Aruna? And if you are free, you can dance along,too.
    Jokes apart, thanks for your nice fb.
    love,

5. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear sir,
    In your reply to episode 4,you said that there will be more of nutrition in episodes 8,9,10.But i have tasted the nutritious part here itself.This episode is a cent percent nutritious episode.:thumbsup.
    I repeat vidya's words
    Our college has many handsome boys. But to me he and he alone looks handsome. Very handsome.

You iterate the beautiful message "real beauty lies in heart" .It was conveyed most of the time.Dr.Kumar was really emotional in this episode.The true love story of Dr.Kumar & kamla is going on a parallel track.What would have happened to Dr.rao.Will it have any impact.Let me see.
    Marimuthu was mistaken for arun's dad.:)."Dr.kamla getting down from her car to arun's house" added richness and luxury.I liked this description very much right from the begining.(Camera placed where the patient waits in episode 1, meet ups in restaurant).The book which is released is soon to gain name for arun. Dr.kamla was always emotional when it comes to sharing love and she was totally surrendered:clap .She had tears when she read the first page of the book.This shows her respect for love....

That is all.
    Rest in next episode.:cheers
    BC

6. varalotti

Dear Bhargavi,
    I don't have the heart to shorten your name as BC. Bhargavi is such a wonderful name and I don't want to shorten it.

I am very happy that you found nutrition in the earlier episodes as well. I have a request for you BC. I am posting episode 10 on Sunday in the evening. I will be happy if you can read it at that time. I would also suggest you finish reading the other episodes before that.

Why this hurry, and an unreasonable imposition on you? Just click the link in my signature which talks of Sep 14. You will know it for yourself.

The beauty seen by a lover is different from the beauty seen by all others. That's what Vidya says with respect to her lover.

I am happy that you liked all the scenes; even the simple words like Kamla got down the car has impressed you. You have a sensitive heart, Bhargavi.
    Looking forward to your fb in other episodes.
    meanwhile don't forget what I have told you earlier.
    regards,

7. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear sir,
    Sure.I will do it.I will satisfy ur request.....

And thank you for your prompt response and the regard you have for my name.I am really happy.

Regards and love
    BC

8. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    So Sundar thaan Vidya’s choice is it??? Vishmuchittan makes you wonder what we are all about, meaning to say that he is so selfless somebody who can pray for the Almighty, characters like him are rare. Kumar and Kamala are made for each other in every sense of the word, they are selfless and so full of love that it makes you go numb with disbelief. May there be more folks like them.That is one of reasons that Arun does not trust in God but in Kamala’s affection for him, whether it is that of a mother or guardian angel, she actually qualifies for both.
    I enjoyed the book release ceremony, it could beat the pompous ones because the two people who Arun called were the ones who meant so much to him and concerned about him too. Ambuja is the surprise element and a welcome one at that.

9. varalotti

Dear Janani,
    before replying to your fb, let me just tell you that I am posting ALS 10 between 4 pm and 4 25 pm today. That is a very special episode for me and I want you to just read this announcement.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...49-a-love-story-episode-9-a-6.html#post410969
    Is Sundar Vidya's choice? May be or may not be.
    Vishnuchittan is our great Periazhwar, Andal's father, whose composed the immortal song, Pallandu Pallandu. The incident I have quoted here in this episode is taken from his life.
    Kamla and Kumar are really ideal couple and Arun is intelligent and spiritual enough to see God in the form of loving human beings.
    In a pompous book release function the real meaning is lost. The solemnity of the occasion is given a big six. But here when loving hearts are present the function gets a special beauty.
    thanks for the fb, Janani. dont forget to days ALS 10 release
    love,

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Arun Kumar is so much involved in his writings, giving it the zing, the twist, the turns, the suspense, the humour to make the book more interesting, he has started adding the same spectrum to his life.

I think he has started treating himself as a character of a book called Arun Kumar (himself) and loves the turns and twists! He does not realize that in real life, you need to pull threads the moment you see them loose, else it may cut open the apparel! Arun is fighting with the real and unreal!

He assumes "Sundar is the handsome guy", he calls in the proof- reader along with the doctor (confusing!), he dedicates a book for Kamala!

Now What!