1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 13

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

SriPa, Is it possible to tell us the time?

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

Super o Super.... unga asadu vazhiyardhu.... appadiye oru photo edathu IL la podavendithu dhan....

Both your statements are noted.... do not worry food is always prepared with love and served with more love not only that food is prepared alongwith prayers.... hence doubly sure nothing will happen......:rotflPeople are surviving my food for the past 14yrs.... so I think it should be good only.... illatta my people would have thrown me out Big LaughBig Laugh

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Dearest Oviyum,

How is that our telepathy is so strong Iam wondering... Just now smsed Sridhar regarding the same... Reply was immediate, very short and to the point.. 6a.m. (IST)

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Dear Indhu,

Unga kaaranamum kariyamum purindhadhu... we are there for you always.. adhan katchi marittein nu sonnein Madurai vandha bodhu....

I was more worried for you... whether Mustafa is there in Madurai or not Iam not sure but you are coming to Bangalore... so be damn careful with your great DH. Both of us know how these kannakku pillai's mind work.. you know. That was the reason for my anxiety... Atleast madam you have visited Taj Retreat... me:bangshakeheadWitsend

5. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

Sir,

Super may not be the right word to describe this episode. When Arun was ready to aboard the plane my heart went beating fast that his trip should be safe and sound. I had the feeling as though my brother or my friend is flying.

I was very nervous when Vidhya was getting ready to meet Arun and I thought she would blush but meeting your true love after long time after lot of searches and sacrifices justifies her sobbing.

Maybe I carry the same name as our dear heroine make me think like her. Now waiting for the next part.

6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My dear GFs,
    The time now is 5 55 AM. The day is quite young. The world around here is slowly getting up from its sleep.
    Every day is auspicious. But today is even more so, as it marks the final victory of Good over Evil. Vijeya Dasami. The Dusserah celberations come to a close today.
    I am happy because my efforts have borne fruit. A 6669 word final episode is ready to be posted. I'll upload it in a few seconds from now.
    This episode comes with two epilogues - one connected to this story and the other to another happy occasion. A few enclosures are also there.
    I am yet to respond to your fb for the 13th episode. Will do it as early as possible.
    Now eagerly looking forward to your views of the final part of the story.

Love,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear Sindhuja,
    As I write this response to you the wait for you is over. I spent the most demanding 3 days of my life. There were frequent power-outs. There was the pooja. The shopping. Plus other commitments. I was getting up early and going to bed late and finally this morning I was able to deliver the 6700 word final package to the ILites.

Same pinch, Sindhuja. My grandma also used to tell the same. If any of us kids swore, or used any inauspicious word, we had it. We had to listen to that thataasthu story for the umpteenth time.
    Again we were not supposed to say "sathiyama". And should not say "tomorrrow morning." Should have to say "nalaikku pichaikkarannukku.."
    In hindsight it looks like our forefathers delivered the eternal truth to us in easily digestible format.

Welcome, Sindhuja. This is actually recited as part of Shri Sooktham. (You know the one which starts with "hiranya varnaam..") This slokam is part of the pala sruthi.
    We also follow Yajur Veda. Actually there are very, very few people who follow Rig Veda. Even Sama Veda is rare. But you need not follow that Veda to know about this mantram. This is a strong blessing. I have seen temple priests reciting the mantra at least the second half when they return the prasadam to us.

thanks for the fb, sindu
    love,

8. varalotti

Dear Varloo,
    All the untoward happenings have become part of expectations now. So I avoided them all to give a happy twist to the story. Now that you have read and replied to the final episode as well, you know that this story is full of happiness and love. In fact the words you used in this fb did disturb me and I used almost all of them to describe Arun's condition on seeing Vidya at the airport.

In a way tension like this is good. At the end of it all you feel even more happy. I am sure you should be in that state today after reading the final episode.
    love,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Dear Malathi,
    Thanks for delivering on your promise. The only thing I missed in my youth was those classical Hindi movies. I am happy to know that this episode stirred the nostalgic memories of Aandhi (Courtesy: Lalitha; otherwise I don't know anything except Aaradhana). Today's love, music, dancing - they are more violent than the stunt scenes. The way in which a hero handles a heroine makes the villain of those days look like a saint.

<!--[endif]-->
    They might have met barely a day ago. But K&K share a special relationship with Vidya. First, she had saved them from near disaster. Second, she's Arun's lover and the couple treat Arun almost as their son. So this love is quite natural.

<u1:p></u1:p>
    You are right. We have all experienced it. But it has not yet perfectly soaked into our minds. One religion says that even to grieve or be sad is a kind of blasphemy. We need to evolve much more to attain that state.

Almost all the characters in the story are ideal. Not just larger than life, but far better than real life human beings. I also share the same longing. What can a mofussil accountant and a part time accountant do towards that noble goal other than creating fictional characters like Arun and Naren?

These words mean a lot to me. You have identified the exact place where I did the hardest work. I took several scenes from the past for replay. First it was Arun telling that Kamla was his God. That did not jell well. Then I thought of the words he told about Vidya in the first scene. There was a snag there. Because at that time Kamla did not use the recorder. She started using it from the session which happened at a hotel. finallly I chose the Ambuja scene. A lover will be really happy when she knows that her beloved had rejected another girl.

Now the wait is over.

You are right. But I love publishing my stories here in IL as I get such loving fb from you and all the ILites. But may be after this I may hunt for the publisher.
    But one publisher after reading Beauty and Brain told me that it was too violent and he wanted something softer and lighter. I am thinking of trying this.

thanks for the long as well as the short fb, Malathi.
    love,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Hari Om,
    Vashini I don't want the royalty. Please give it to Induslady. Let it go to the Site Fund.
    It's not curd rice with lemon (I think you mean lemon pickles) It's curd rice and lemon rice.
    Kind of you to write ALS on the pocket.
    And now that the final episode is out, you can even sell badam halwa or banana cake (which Vidya and Arun ate at the airport) or anything which you can say was served in their marriage feast.
    love,