1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 11

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

I would suggest that you should resume your reading now. That's the best antidote for the problems life throws on our faces when we are the least prepared for it. Not that I suggest that you should read something when you are in trouble. But when we learn to relax with a book, then our approach to life and its problems will change.
    Thanks a lot for the time you gave to my serial.
    Love,
    sridhar[/quote]

thts so true sridhar... your stories are full of love and happiness and i am really looking forward to every episode of it.And also as you said i am going to start relaxing with a book. That was something i had been thinking to do for a long time but did not get an urge to it.

2. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Sridhar

I was beguiled reading your unequivocal response.. You and your response are the best and you are a Good man Sridhar. Every line of your response had its beauty and maturity. I loved these lines of yours..

"Why should you worry about your disappointing me with your actual physical appearance? To a father, his daughter is always beautiful. So relax"

Your words moved me....Here it is to a person who whole heartedly said the above lines...

"Every day the whole year through,
    I feel grateful for you accepted to be my father.
    You always make the effort to listen and share;
    You're always there when you're needed.
    It warms me to know how much you care,
    And with that knowledge my hurdles are defeated.
    Your endearing words are truly admired and adored,
    And as your daughter, I hope that you know,
    These feelings fill me each day of the year,
    And my love and respect for you continues to grow"

Now coming to 5'9, Sridhar you are fabulous...Not sure if Indhu read this but i am sure she is all blushing..It was so thoughtful of you relate it to Indhu's B'day..No doubt,she issssssssss luckyyyyyyyy!!!!!! I was totally moved.. Indhu looks gorgeous and no wonder she has a good taste for cosmetics and Jewellery..

Meeting Naren just hinted me that God stood by you all through..For the effort you are taking to bring forth this beautiful episode, this is expected Sridhar..

I should emphasize that Arun loved this episode as much as i loved it and i promise that i will be my daddy's girl and read this episode ON TIME as instructed..

With Love
    Vidya

3. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

My dear SriPa,

Marupadiyum thannadakkam...Paaraattukkal...

Thanks for the explanation...

Nice to read more from the treasures...

You mentioned Indhumma's name time and again to me in this reply. Thanks to her for making this episode so special and 'kaa' for keep us guessing.

Love,
    Your dear DD.

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

dear vidu,
    Naren is surely a sweet kid. But sweet kids also love to tease and play mischief, you know. The best proof for this statement is the mischief played by the sweet kids of the site - Lalitha, Oviya and Vashini - here in this thread.
    love,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Vidya,
    the lines in your fb were haunting me for a long time. First I thought I will reply to it later; but I sort of became restless and drafted a reply straight away.
    I will have to first issue a caveat that I am not as good as I seem to be in these forums. It is easy to appear good when there is a limited interaction. You know the famous sip test, which is a phenomenon in psychology. Coke introduced a new drink and offered a free sip to every passer by. Everybody said the drink was great. So they introduced the drink with much hype and fanfare. But when people bought a whole 200 ml can they found the taste disgusting. It was excessively sweet and they could not detect this lapse in the sip test.
    What you and all the ILites are experiencing of me is just a sip test. I would request you not to judge me by my writings or my fb. I am not Arun though one day I want to be like him.
    The poem moved me to tears once again.
    I also had a similar "unfeigned" experience to use your own words. Marimuthu (the real life guy working for Kavitha Publications) called me last night around 11 pm to talk about my forthcoming book, Ethanai Kodi Inbam Vaithai.
    He told me that he loved the book so much and was quoting stories from the book. He was talking till 11 30. He also told me that the book will be out before Saraswathi Puja so that I can place it in the pooja.
    I remembered my writing about Marimuthu calling Arun late in the night.

I am proud of this sweet daddy's girl.
    May you and yours be always blessed,
    love,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

My dear DD,
    It is not thannadakkam. Thannadakkam means having more and talking less. In my case at least I want to belong to 'have less, talk less' category. For more on this please read my answer to Vidya on the sip test.
    I am happy you relished the Upanishad quote.

love,
    Your SriPa

7. varalotti

I am happy that you are now able to read and relax. The next episode for this serial will be out by 4 15 tomorrow.
    Whenever you have time you may read HE another serial of mine which is in a separate forum here in IL.
    love,
    sridhar

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  8. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

Porume indha velayattu..... innu indha modesty thevaiya? sollungo... We know you, we have seen you and we love you for what you are . It is not only your writings we are head over heals but you as a human being too. Everybody has their weakness but accepting those in an open forum needs lot of courage which you are having. I appreciate that. You know your weakess and ready to correct them too. What else is needed you tell me. I know we got introduced to you through your writings only, but a person who has sooooo much of love in his heart can only write about divine love and the love in ALS is nothing but divine.

So my humble request please do not go on telling that you are not good and things like that. When 20,000 + ilites are crying that what you are saying is not true, then please accept the truth.

Ena romba silenta irrukell? edhavadhu sollungellein.

Sridhar, my best wishes for the book release and I am waiting to get my hands on the same. My prayers are there for you and yours always. Don't you worry, the book will be a super duper hit and you will become like our hero Arun. But my humble request is please do not forget us when that happens.

9. varalotti

dear bas,
    I am rendered speechless by your moving post, the same way it happens for my characters Arun or Kamla when they are overwhelmed by the love showered on them.
    love,
    boost

10. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar
    I am really delighted and wish you all success for your new release. I was born on the day of vijayadasami and i pray that all goes good with your book relese and may i get a quick oppurtunity to view your interview at the airport.. It shows how impeccable your writing is, if Mr.Marimuthu was quoting scenes from it..Hats off to you Sridhar.
    Now coming to the sip test, the theory was good but it was pretty boring of all your writings..Now you promise me that you will stop your 'Not good' puranam and i really mean it.. My appa used to tell me that a good writer is one who can feel for himself, express his thoughts and make others feel te same way"..Your writings are a perfect example to what he said.......He is an excellent writer and was writing for Hindu in his leisure time..His grip in the english language is par excellence just like you Sridhar..I have saved several of his writings and should send copies to you sometime.

Sridhar, Dad's are always the best for their daughters..And as always for a daughter, her dad is the first role model of all the men she has in her life...I mean this and you are a great inspiration to me and sometimes i pretty strong with my opinions.....I guess my dear Lalli akka and my good friend Oviya will agree to this..

I repeat again you have to stop this 'Not good' puranam with MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! because you chose to be my Dad and you have to be the best...How is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you Dad..
    Vidya