1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Love Story Again? Or Is It about Lust?

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Dec 9, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

2. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridharji,

why Maran, even I could not hold back my tears, I am moved too much by the love of God depicted in both the examples. Especially Thondaradipodi alwar's story is really touching. Even if there is any blemish in the devotee, He intervenes and purifies him by annihilating the root cause of the desire. It is all His leela. And you have really captured the true essence of the story with full of emotions.
    So can we all take solace, that even if we do hundreds of sins and swallowed hundreds of snakes, in the form of greed, of jealousy, of lust, of avarice like you have mentioned, there is still hope that He will atlast rescue us also?

Radhi

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    Superb narration of both stories. As I have mentioned last time you have devised a novel way of story telling keeping people spellbound.
    Love,
    PS

4. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

Hi appa, Its once again a very gud story. as u said i agree that we have many snakes in us.

Thankyou very much for these appa.I loved these appa.

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    Though the story about the Azhwar is not new, when i read in your narration it gives immense pleasure and meaning to me. The Azhwar who sang
    அமர ஓர் அங்கம் ஆறும், வேதம் ஓர் நான்கும் ஓதி
    தமர்களில் தலைவராய சாதி அந்தணர்களேலும்
    நுமர்களைப் பழிப்பராகில் நொடிப்பதோர் அளவில் ஆங்கே
    அவர்கள் தாம் புலையர் போலும் அரங்கமா நகர் உளானே.in the praise of the " Adiyavargal" should be remembered always. Like the stranger who used harsh methods to remove the black snake from the man, God also plays or uses some methods to remove the negative things ( personified as black snake) from us. To bring " Vipranarayana " to his sense and make him realize the real pleasure, " Narayana, played this trick.
    Before concluding Just one look at one of his GREAT PASURAMS and let us get blessed by Him.
    "OorilEn kANiyillai; uRavu maRRu oruvar illai;/
    pAril nin pAtha moolam paRRilEn parama moorthee;/
    kAroLi vaNNanE (en) kaNNanE! kadharuginREn;/
    AruLar kaLaikaN ammA! arngamA nagaruLAnE!/"
    with love
    pad

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

I remember seeing this story as a movie..Sivaji playing as Vipranarayan and Padmini the courtesan.

Sridhar the story, your reasoning all are perfect..no arguments on that..but I too have Maran's basic question...agreed we all have swallowed snakes but a small child..what is his folly if he dies a premature death causing so much of anguish on the parent. So many kids die due to some disease or accident even a child born prematuredly dies...You may say this is his Love..agreed but can you please justify the same.. I know for some of these we cannot find any answers but these questions really torment the living once the child is gone...the sufferings of the parent cannot be described in words Sri...it has to be seen.

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Sridhar Sir

Loved the narration of how god saves us by making us go through the worst..just to save us from the dangerous harmful snakes.....superb narration and explanation...

And about Vipranarayana...We have a old movie in Telugu ..my father was a great fan of old bhakti movies and we watched this movie almost around 5 to 6 times...nice to come across the story again in your narration...

Thanks for sharing sir!

8. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

The story of Azwahr reminded me of a movie in which Meena kumari is a courteasan and Ashok Kumar a Sadhu.
    He tells her how her life is all wrong...and one day on seeing her first white hair she goes in the Sadhu's Ashram.
    Then comes the twist ...the Sadhu has lived without a woman all his life , but when he sees one all day he goes out of control. His words have changed the courteasan but his own snakes are still there.

In our lives too we do the same thing....we detest the ones who have too much, not realising that the one's who are below us must be thinking the same for us. The one who has all but still is not bound to it is the real SAINT in my eyes.
    Many a times GOD gives us troubles , and we pray to him to take us out of the situation....not realising that what ever was done was done to make us see the reality of life....the inconstancy of all. and also the fact that what is the TRUTH of life.
    ZEN says---
    Suffering follows wants and desires.Cherish what you have and abundance will come to you.
    I am reminded of my Dadaji while writing this....he used to pray a lot, and used to say ," I can't pray when I have problems , I need to be happy and calm to connect to my GOD". I remember that as a child when I heard him chanting OM OM OM while asleep I was quite surprised. But today I know what his connection must be with the LORD to never forget , even while sleeping.
    Today I can understand him. Your blogs always make me think , and think deep. How interesting you make the Satsang...I hope you don't mind my telling that. And to top it the comments...one needs to have a lot of time to visit here...hehe.But the time is well spent.
    I'll stop now.

9. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Brilliant story and narration. Totally worth reading this blog and what a lesson I have learnt - Sufferings are just God's love in action to remove the poisonous repltiles. Your blogs are never too long Sridharji.

10. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Sridhar
    Suffering makes us love God more and think of him.During the suffering we forget it is for our own welfare, we understand it often after we cross the suffering. If only we realize everything happens for our own good we will not curse God.

God' love is so great that often we works on us slowly thro' tests to become pure.

God is at work in our life - even when we do not recognize it or understand it. But it's much easier and profitable when we cooperate with Him.
    "IF YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND GODS SILENCE, YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND HIS WORDS!!! "
    Jaya