1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Little Warmth

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

A Little Warmth

Harsha came back on Saturday from Mumbai, I told her to get the cheapest ticket, as I am very miserly, and she got the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:time Minute="0" Hour="6">6 am</st1:time> flight, and arrived at 7/30 am. I requested my brother who stays closer to the airport than me, to pick her up, as I was feeling damn cold, and suffering from cold since a month.

As soon as she came home, it was the customary hug, when Tuffy jumped n both of us, he just cant see us hugging, jealous guy. I had made good hot tea for her in advance, and we sat talking.And I thought here has come my hot quilt for this damn cold weather, when she suddenly said “ Kamal , Mumbai was so lovely, the warmth of the weather, meeting yr mom, and my sisters, that I wish I had stayed more there.”

There went my warm quilt ! And now she says she will stay Dec and Jan in Mumbai, to stay away from the cold, and maybe me, I suspect. But I don’t blame her really.At 2 degrees, with no central heating , it can be quite unbearable even under 2 quilts.

What I do is, first lay out one blanket on the bed, then the second one, and arrange them neatly one top of the other, and then quietly slip in, put both over, and sleep in the feteous position, as Harsha describes.And bcs of the cold, I have to go to the loo twice at least in the middle of the night, and it takes me half an hour to make up my mind to go to loo, or relieve myself inside the quilt.I am thinking of buying Adult Diapers for myself, and feel like a baby once more.And that half an hour thinking to go or not to go, makes me lose sleep,but it is one of the biggest decisions I have to make every night.

I envy the people in <st1:place>Europe</st1:place> and <st1:country-region><st1:place>USA</st1:place></st1:country-region>, where they have central heating and however cold it is outside, inside u can move in shorts and TShirts.And cars are centrally heated too , unlike here. I doubt that all the 18 girlfriends of TW, even at one time can keep Tiger warm in conditions like what we face in Jaipur.But I envy him, what a guy, what flavours he has tasted, lucky fellow.God is kind to just a few.

I was discussing this with my walker friends in the Garden yesterday, and all agreed that the warmth of the quilts is better than the warmth of the spouse. For to be with her, u have to have to be under one quilt, so there will be a gap and icy cold air will seep in, and then well, it is too cold to u know do something else.

And Harsha said no more antibiotics for the cold, don’t u know there is no cure for common cold. And I have had 15 days of antib and it can zap u, the minute u leave it, the cold and congestion comes back.so she gave me some homeopathic pills, the gargle of salt water, which has relieved the cold.This was a clear indication, that don’t come under my quilt, take these medicines and vamoose !

But then, I guess it is age, which makes u prefer the quilt to the spouse or the girlfriend, as the case may be. But I always remember “ Kabhi hum Bhi Jawan The “.

So who knows , if Harsha goes this December Jan to Mumbai, I may go off to the topless beaches of Sunny Spain, after all everyone has his or her own ways of keeping warm !

Smile !

KAMAL MAHTANI

The jokes are really very silly, but the good ones that I have, well too spicy, and I don’t want to annoy the pretty ladies out here.As it is I am Badnaam.Harsha has okayed the jokes she read them and smiled , so I guess they must be decent enough to post

Doctor – Your kidney has failed I am sorry to say
    Santa – Ho Ho ho .You are wrong, My kidney has never gone to give an exam, so how it can fail ?

Santa goes on a business trip to <st1:country-region><st1:place>Spain</st1:place></st1:country-region>, and goes to a Brothel.
    He is shown the prettiest of the females, but he tells the brothel owner
    “ Show me the ugliest 50 ish woman, with sagging this and sagging that.
    The owner – Are u mad ?
    Santa – No, I am remembering my wife, and I am feeling homesick !!!

Behind every successful student there is a good Teacher
    But what about the failed Student

“ there is a beautiful teacher”

1 person likes this.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi kamalji,

today i spent some time in snippets after 2 days and was wondering how come you have not posted anything ,as only you do not have a dearth of topics..

Oh i am glad that your "warmth" has come back see i can feel the hapiness in your post though your posts are always bubbling with that...anyway ,now you will write with more josh hahaha

But since when have you stated asking harshaji for approval of your jokes...so that means we will now get the censored versions only...good for our ears,i suppose:)

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

Thanks for the first and the lovely FB.

I am posting after 5 days, bcs of the net problems, and today they got rectified.

And well she happened to peep over my shoulders when i was writing the jokes, and she was smiling and telling me they are veyr stupid and silly, and i said, at least they are vegetarian, and when i read out one nonveg one to her, she wa s red in the face, so i told her, it takes more time for me to write the jokes, rather chose, than to write the blog.:biglaugh

Well it is so cole, we have our individual quilts which keep us warm u see.HAHA

Regards

kamal

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Kamalji, good to hear that the warmth is back and so are you back after 5 days, as you said above in Mindi's reply. But wondering ki jab aapko winter hain tab Spain mein bhi winter hi hoga na? Aapko yahan aana chahiye Kamalji - Australia. We always have everything opposite to rest of the world.

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Knot,

Malaga in Spain is always Sunny, nio winters there, HAHA.Well i am a kanjoos really, so i imagine Austrailia thru yr blogs and TV, i am very happy in front of the PC.

Thanks.kamal

6. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

KM ji,
    Since Harsha is back , your home will more warmth. I know how tough it will be for you in winter without central heating. I remeber i was in Kedarnath, i underestimated the weather,God i was cold to the bone and could hardly sleep. Agree at that time warmth of quilt is better that warmth of a body. Only in movies one needs the body to heat up the other body and then heroine will become pregnant.

May be you & Harsha shd seriously think of coming Malaysia during winter, here we have nothing but hot and rain, hot and rain.

Your post actually brought warmth to IL, i too had a very cold feeling without your post, gulped by few whisky to keep me warm. Aab nasha uthar gaya.
    Jaya

7. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

Pranaam Kamalji - After reading your post I started wondering why we both are sharing the same blanket. My DH goes to the loo atleast 5 times in the night and each time he gets out of the bed I wake up too because of the commotion. Thanks for giving the great idea of two different blankets!

8. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

kamalji
    sharing a blanket though keeps one warm in winters like we are having just now but is a constant tug of war ,pulling & pushing . & if one partner wraps it around other is left with only a 1/4 portion of quilt or blanket.
    I think if one needs space shud have theri own quilt Or blanket & if husband snores or smells of alcohal :cheers than even a seperate bedroom may be needed HaHa:rotfl.

Having wife has it all other advantage also apart from keeping bed warm she gives you warm food in winters & steaming bed tea.

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

Sorry to note that your are cold from both within and without!

It may be so, yet your post exudes warmth and Harshaji really sounds like a hot person:) She is really the medicine that our Kamalji needs.

Why don't you invest in a couple of electric blankets. They are really good for the cold season, provided they are available in India.

I suggest you make a big flask of hot water and squeeze a lemon into it and keep sipping throughout the day...believe me, it helps to keep you warm and treats the cold too. No, I didn't say with a shot of whiskey in it!!

L, Kamla

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,

You drank whiskey ! Chee Chee ! Good ladies are not supposed to drink this poison, just the vamps, u see :biglaugh:biglaugh

But well in the cold, exceptions are always there, so u are forgiven by kamal and the Lord upstairs:rotfl

Well movies show all crap, but well they have to make a dramatic scene for the masses eh ! Hero will drink milk and not smoke,herione is Sati Savitri, and all that.HAHA

And u know , u could be in trouble, seriously me and harsha could land up at yr place in Malaysia, so think over yr offer carefully.HAHA

3 yrs back we went to Singapore for a few days, to visit my cousins sister who stays there, and then ti jakarta, to visit my married daughter, and itw as a great time we had really.

regards

kamal