1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Known Stranger...(Part-II)

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Angellic, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Every Tuesday and Friday, she takes the same short-cut route, despite of several warning from her parents, wishing for a chance to meet him again. Every night, she sits in the balcony thinking about him wearing his windcheater.

Di,(means didi/Sister) you changed a lot. What happened to you? You started listening to more melodious love songs rather than some usual spiritual songs, smiling looking at the serene nature, talking very less and thinking more, something fishy….enna Mr.India romba disturb pannuragga pola… (Your Mr.India seems to disturb u a lot I guess)…

She started blushing with shy.

Oh my god, my sister is blushing; said Aaradhana…

Hey come on nila, stop embarrassing me huh…. replied Arpudha.

Di, tell nah how he looks? I’m so excited to meet that Mr. India who impressed you this much...

Shut up and concentrate on your studies…said Arpudha with a fake anger.

Ok di, I will study but you please concentrate on your studies. Quit your music class and join some yoga or meditation class. I think you must join anyone of these…said Aaradhana…

Shut up…I know my responsibilities; I will never let my parents down. I will make them feel proud of me, ok…replied Arpudha with firm voice…

Arpudha’s mom hears this and said…I know da…you are my lovely baby, you will never let us down…
    Aaradhana… learn from her…said her mom…

Mom, you should have come bit earlier…you missed it mom…said Aaradhana with a naughty giggle…

Arpudha throw an angry look towards aaradhana…

Ok, ok…dinner is ready, come quickly, said her mom and left.

Aaradhana, henceforth I’m not gonna talk or share anything with you…Katti (means enemy)…

Oh my lovely sister, I was just joking…chal smile please…say cheezeee…My sister look so cute when she get angry with me...said Aaradhana...

She smiled…
    There you go...you look cuter when you smile...said aaradhana...
    She smiled again and hugged her sister with love.

Days went on. Arpudha got busy with her studies. Everyday she learns new things about Ayurvedha and its application. She always dreamed of making India “A healthy Nation” by making people aware of the Importance of Ayurvedha. Though studies kept her busy but each and every moment she thinks about her Mr. India.

It’s been a year, but still she thinks about him. It was her vacation. Shrutika along with her granny came to her home to give her brother’s wedding card to arpudha.

Arpudha's parents couldn’t attend the marriage because they are waiting for aaradhana's result.

Initially, Arpudha’s dad didn’t allow her also because the marriage is in Chennai. But shrutika’s granny convinced him and so her dad gave a green signal to her. Since aaradhana’s results will be out soon so aaradhana won’t be able to accompany her for the first time.

****************************************************************************

Arpudha purchased a beautiful crystal Radha-Krishna idol for Shrutika’s brother as a wedding gift. He stays in Chennai with his parents whereas shrutika stays at Navi- Mumbai along with her granny and grandpa.

As soon as they reached Chennai, Shrutika’s bro venkat came to receive them. Shrutika introduced arpudha to Venkat. Venkat was so much like shrutika, a non-stop chatter box. Arpudha generally don’t like talkative people but she likes shrutika because of her innocent childish nature….

As soon as shrutika entered her home, she started complaining about her granny. But Arpudha interrupted her and said, paatima, (Grandma) is always right; she does what my mom does to me. Shrutika is bit childish that’s why she thinks this way… She restricts her from going out after 7 or 8p.m, she doesn’t allow her to wear spaghetti tops & shorts etc…if you were with shrutika you would have done the same thing, Aunty…

Arpudha, take my side, I’m your friend not my granny, ok…said Shrutika…

Arpudha laughed at shrutika, and said, Yeah you are my bestie, but I very well know that granny was never wrong…you too know that…

Shrutika’s dad felt very happy with Arpudha’s words.

Shrutika’s granny was closer with Arpudha than with Shrutika because arpudha always give respect to her words and help her whenever she needs any help. But shrutika never give importance to her.

Earlier arpudha’s granny was very close to her, she took care of her, but after her granny’s death arpudha was completely broken and felt very alone. Her parents and sister tried their level best to console her but she didn’t get consoled. She was mentally in a state of depression. She felt very lonely. Then her mom took a month leave and took care of her. They took her to shimla which is her favorite destination spot. Looking at her parents love for her, she tried to show them that she was alright. But inside she was completely dying. She came to normalcy only after she met shrutika’s granny. She felt her granny love in shrutika’s granny’s eye. So she gets too close to shrutika’s granny. She listens to her words. She does whatever shrutika’s granny tells her to do. Even she give oil massage on her knee and back side of her hip every now and then. All these little-little things made her granny’s pet.

As both mom and dad are working, she takes care of everything by herself but she always starved for someone to take care of her. Earlier she had her granny to take care of her. Though her parents loved her a lot but due to their hectic work they hardly show their love to her. They fulfill all her wishes; get all the things that she liked. But she always wanted her mom to take care of her. She wants her mom to serve her food as soon as she returns from college. She wants her mom to say bye (standing in the balcony) when she goes to music classes. All these small small wishes remained unfulfilled. She never spoke about this to her parents, because she doesn’t want to hurt her parents. She is mature enough to understand her parent’s love, but her heart is immature enough to accept this fact.

Muhurtham was at 7:30 a.m. All ladies got up early at around 4:30 a.m. and started to get ready. Shrutika wore a Dark bluish green colored heavy silk saree with matching accessories and lots of jewels. She looks like a star. She grabbed all the people’s attention. Whereas Arpudha wore a Cream colored silk saree with red and golden border and a simple ruby neck set and (jimmkki) earring. The marriage hall looked so very colorful with all beautiful flowers on one side and ladies with beautiful sarees and jewels on the other. Shrutika was busy chatting with Venkat so Arpudha sat in the front row along with shrutika’s granny.

At around 7:00 am, a group of 5-6 young gentlemen walked towards the mandapam and went to the bridegroom’s room. They seek most of the people’s attention except a few which includes arpudha too. Their loud laughter and comments made everyone to look at the bridegroom’s room. As the guys started pulling venkat’s leg with funny comments one of the guys noticed arpudha and said, ‘hey Arvind look at that crying beauty’…

Arvind saw her and said…hmm, she looks so beautiful, simple and elegant in saree. I hope she remembers me.

Hey venkat, who is she? That girl in cream color saree next to your granny in the front row…asked Arvind…

She is my sister’s bestie, Arpudha…very nice and very reserved kinda girl. Speak so less but very nice girl. You know my parents were telling that if I had a younger brother they would have selected her for him.

Hm, thank god, you didn’t have any brother…said one of the guys…Enna da routu vedra pola (you are trying your luck on her or what) asked venkat…

ella da, un life set aayurthu, next namma ganglla na thannae that’s why…(you have settled in your life now in our gang it has to be my turn nah that’s why)

Very tough da, she is far reachable, she hardly speaks to anyone, said Venkat…

Don’t worry da Sri Ram, Naan erruka enna bayam… (Don’t worry Sri Ram, No fear when I’m here)…said arvind…

Arvind went towards granny and sat next to her…Hello paatima, eppadi erukel?? (Hello granny, how are you?) Asked arvind…

Hearing this, arpudha looked at him and she raised her brows with shock and was simply feeling that magical butterfly effect within her. She smiled slightly and felt nervous patting her sweat…

Naan nalla eruken pa…nee venkatoda friend arvind dhane... (I’m fine, well you are venkat’s friend arvind right?) Asked shrutika’s granny…

Next unn marriage thane (Next is your turn I guess)…asked granny with a giggle…

Arpudha joined her and started giggling softly with a shy…

Ayyo paatima…intha kaalathu ponnugga ella unngala polla azaga ellaye…ungalukku azaggana ponnu theringga sollunga naa ready… (Our generation girls are not as beautiful as you, if you know any beautiful girl…please let me know…I’m ready)
    …said arvind with a smile

Eva okayvanu sollu (looking at arpudha, is she ok?) …asked granny with a naughty smile…

Arpudha’s heart beat shoots up like anything…she started blushing…

Naan ready paatima…avangalluku okayvannu kettu solluga… (I’m ready, ask her whether she is ready or not) replied arvind with fun…

Though she was very much enjoying the conversation…but with a fake attitude she said…enough paatima…ennakku edu ella peedikadhunu ungallukku theriyum ella…. (You know nah…I don’t like talking like this)

See paatima, no beautiful girls like me…naan paavam ella (pity for me)…said arvind with fake sadness in his face…

Arpudha started laughing softly…her heart felt so happy, she couldn’t control her smile…her eyes were shinning so very brightly with so much happiness….

Shrutika came down and called granny and arpudha to come to the stage as its time for mangalya dharanam. Arpudha didn’t like to go to the stage so she refused, and granny has to go to bless the couple, so she went…as soon as granny left that place, arvind quickly sat next to arpudha and asked…hey do you remember me??

Her heart beats so fast and started sweating with fear…

Hey cool down…& please excuse me huh…I was just kidding with granny…just to make her laugh please don’t mistake me…

She wanted to say that she enjoyed the conversation… (She wished the conversation to continue…she hoped all those words to come true)…but with a soft tone she just replied …don’t be sorry, I too love to make paatima happy…I haven’t mistaken you.

And yeah…Iiiiii…

Suddenly a voice came from the adjacent row…

Arvind…come on man, come here…it was his friend Sri ram…

Hey will catch you later…nice to meet you…and you look very beautiful in this saree…you have a very lovely eyes…said arvind…

She smiled and said thanks….thanks a lot…by the time she complete her words he went…

Enna da…ennakku help pannurainnu sollittu…nee correct pannuriya?? (What man, you are help me or trying your luck) asked Sri Ram…

No man, she is not my types…I like her as a friend…I just made her happy like I do with other girls…replied arvind…

She couldn’t explain how exactly she feels…she walked into the room and took a small ganesha idol from her clutch and said…Oh my god…thanks alot for this day and this moment…you really made my day…he likes me…he said I look beautiful in this saree…what else I want…this is enough for me…what a lovely day this is…15th June, gonna be the happiest day in my life…Love you ganesha!!! Thanks a lot for this moment…saying this she kissed the ganesha idol and placed it back inside her clutch.

Then she joined shrutika and smiled at granny and slowly she turned her eyes towards Arvind. She saw him busy talking with his friends and suddenly he too turned towards her. She bit her tongue with embarrassment and started looking at granny. And then again she turned her eyes towards him and she saw that he was looking at her, he throw a smile...she smiled back…

What’s happening dude?? Asked sri ram…

Nothing man, I helped her…so may be she likes me for that…

Dude help me, do something to divert her eyes towards me…said sriram.

Will do something, don’t worry…silly girl…but I love her smile huh…and I loved the way she looks at me…said arvind…

I’m feeling envy…replied sriram…

Something is burning inside…said one of his friend…

Yeah, It’s me …replied sriram…

Hahaha…cool dude…I’m just kidding…replied arvind…

Then after the lunch, it was almost time to wind up, the couple were surrounded by all their close relatives on one side and friends on the other side. Shrutika’s granny told Arpudha to sing a song to make this moment more colorful. Arpudha started with some spiritual songs. All their relatives were enjoying the songs but venkat and his friends started yawning. So arpudha switched to filmy song, all the young people started whistling and cheering her up with claps and smiles. Sriram was taking her video from his mobile…

Then arpudha’s mobile buzzed, she smiled and said excuse me…saying this she attended the call moving towards the empty side of the hall…it was Aaradhana. Hey dear, how are you?? Asked arpudha…

I’m missing you, dear…come soon nah…I feel so bored…said aaradhana…

Hey you know what? I met that Mr. India here in this marriage; he is venkat anna’s friend. He talked with me. He said I look beautiful in saree and he said I have lovely eyes. His name is arvind…said arpudha with excitement…

OH really, so your god fulfilled your wish nah…said aaradhana…

Yeah, really… I already thanked to god for this lovely moment…wait wait, I think he is coming towards me…will call you later dear…

Hey arpudha, what’s up? Hey can I ask you something?

Before he say something, she said…I remember you, I didn’t say a thanks that day, I’m so sorry and thanks a lot for your help…I prayed to god to meet you again in my life and now I feel, I’m so lucky that I met you and had few words with you. Your help meant a lot to me…said arpudha politely…

You have a very pleasant voice…I feel like listening to your voice…replied arvind…

Thanks a lot…replied arpudha…

Hey need to go…It was nice to meet you…hope to meet you again…bye…said arvind…

Yeah, I wish the same…replied arpudha

In the evening, arpudha asked venkat…venkat anna, can I have your friend arvind’s number?

Yeah, sure ma…But May I know why you need his number? Anything urgent…asked venkat…

No, actually he helped me in Mumbai. I forgot to return his wind cheater back to him. So I want to return it to him. So if possible, I will meet him tomorrow and return it to him…said arpudha…

Oh, its tough ma…he will be busy with his work…but you can try…generally he don’t hang out on week days…as he is the team leader, he used to be very busy on week days especially on Mondays…replied venkat…

Hmm, will try…said arpudha…

After giving her arvind’s number, venkat called arvind.

Venkat said…Hey arvind…

Hii da…enna etha nerathula call pannirruka (what happen? Calling me at this odd hour…)

Ella da, Arpudha un number ketta? (arpudha asked your contact number) I gave her but
    I think she is interested in you. The way she talks, make me think so…

No man, she is not like that, as she is reserved towards other guys…and had few words with me, so you guys think this way…replied arvind…No worries I will handle it…he added

As soon as she got his number, she was thinking whether to call him or not…

She was afraid to call him but then humming gayatri mantra to boost her confident, she started dialing his number…she could feel her heart beats so very fast…

Hello…said arvind…

Hearing his voice, she felt that her heart beat stopped…she remained silent for a while taking a deep breath…

Hey arpudha, is that you? Asked arvind…

Hmm, hii…Mr. Arvind…yyyyeah it’s me… (Stammering the words)

Waiting for some important call or what…hope I didn’t disturb you…asked arpudha with a soft tone…

Not exactly, actually venkat told me that you will ring me…
    Enna acchi( what happen)…calling me at odd hour…asked arvind…

Venkat anna might have told you that also nah…asked Arpudha…

Yeah, but he didn’t tell me what exactly you want to talk to me …said arvind…

Actually, I want to meet you tomorrow…I know, you will be very busy, I won’t waste much of your time…after your work hour…Can I have your 10 mins? …please…asked arpudha with lots and lots of hesitation…

Yeah, sure…enga meet pannallam… (Where should I meet you) asked arvind…

Marina beach…at 6 p.m, is it ok for you?? Asked arpudha…

Ok…replied arvind…

Hey arpudha, you always talk this much only or what? Because I have many female friends…they are like chatter box, non stop blablablas…but you are so different…

Hmm, well…I talk less with strangers but if I know a person then I’m also like a chatter box only…but a very slow chatter box…I don’t like talking unnecessary stuffs.

Hey sorry, I hope, I’m not boring you…said arvind…

No, No, No…not at all…replied arpudha….

Well then meet you tomorrow at 6…good bye…my mom is calling me…good night…said arvind…

Hmm, ok…good night…said arpudha…

Arvind then called sriram…

Hey sriram…tomorrow arpudha is gonna meet me at Marina beach…you also join us…what you say….

Why she wants to meet you at marina beach? Asked sriram…

Just to return my windcheater back…you come man…I will connect you with her then you have dinner with her I will leave…what u say?? Said arvind…

Hey what if she had some other plans?? What If she wanted to have some time with you?
    No man, I don’t think it will work…replied sriram…

No man…she liked me because I helped her…you talk with her…tell her about you…she will surely like you…said arvind…

Ok man, will see, give me some time to think…will call you tomorrow...bye…anyways thanks a lot man…said sriram…

After talking with him, she felt so relaxed. Then she called aaradhana and said the entire scenario that happened.

She couldn’t sleep the whole night, thinking about his words, his eyes, his smile, his conversation…

Next day, after finishing her lunch, she told shrutika about her meeting with arvind. She wore a peach colored umbrella chudidar and a heart shaped matching colored bracelet.

Looking very beautiful…All the very best dear…said shrutika…

Thanks a lot dear…replied arpudha…

Then she took an autorickshaw and went to a vinayagar temple nearby…prayed to god and then she went to Style One…the only shop that she know, she saw ads and banners of this shop while traveling from station to venkat’s home. So she decided to shop at style one. She purchased a formal shirt of lavender colored which is her favorite color. Then she went to a gift shop and purchased a crystal vinayakar idol. Then finally, she reached the beach half an hour before time.

She loves walking in the beach. So slowly she started her walk…within 5mins, she got a call from arvind…he also reached the place. Then they both walked silently…

To break the silent, arvind started the conversation…hey I love beaches but marina beach is too crowded and polluted. I love santhome beach rather…said arvind…

Hmm, beach is a beach whether its marina or santhome…I love to see the waves. My dad never took me to any beach. He says it’s not a good place to hang out. He always take us to malls, friends get to gather, or marriage receptions, which I hate. But I love this place. The wind, the wave, the crowd…I simply love this place…anyways…thanks for your time. Actually, I didn’t bring your wind cheater, also I used it, and so I can’t give it back to you. So please take this, saying this she gave the shirt to him…

Hey, please no need for this…its ok if you used my wind cheater. Its fine if you didn’t return it to me…I don’t mind…replied arvind…

But I mind, please don’t say no…replied arpudha…

She opened the gift and told him to worship this lucky vinayakar idol. Actually it’s very lucky to have vinayakar with you. He will fulfill all your wishes…saying this she placed that crystal vinayakar on his palm…

Hey thanks a lot, you seem to be very spiritual huh…I hardly pray to god…anyways tons of thanks for your gift…replied arvind…

Hey, can I ask you something? Asked arpudha…

Before she starts…he said…hey you know…venkat thinks that you are interested in me…

Hearing this, her face started sweating…hmm…

Before she say something…he replied…I don’t think so…I know you think you owe me a lot because I helped you. You don’t have to think so, as now we are good friends…right…asked arvind…

Yeah, replied arpudha with a smile.

Arpudha looked at him with love...she wish to tell him that she loves him…but something stopped her…

They talked about their family and friend just a casual conversation…Each time arvind was talking looking at waves…arpudha was looking at his eyes searching for the love that she has for him…but she couldn’t understand whether he feel the same way as she thinks about him. Time went on…

In between their conversation, arvind messaged sriram but no response from him. So he called him but no reply….

Then arvind took her to saravana bhavan for dinner. Then she reached home by 8-30 p.m. as soon as she entered her home, shrutika started asking her hell lot of questions…Arpudha got silent smile for all her questions. Then she said, he think me as his friend, only friend nothing else…now I can’t say anything to him. What if he says no to my proposal…?

Hey come on, arpudha…don’t think so negative…what if he thinks the same way as you think? What if he thinks of losing your friendship by proposing you…So think positive dear…I think he likes you too…said shrutika…

Shrutika’s positive words helped her to convince her heart…but still she thinks that he don’t love her. She saw his eyes…it doesn’t have that love that she has for him…

As soon as arvind reached his home, he called sri ram…
    This time sriram attended the call…
    What the hell man?? Where the hell were you? Asked arvind with anger…

Hey, I think she likes you…I don’t wanna disturb you guys…I could see that in her eyes…said sriram…

So you were also there in the beach…asked arvind…

Yeah I was…I like her a lot…but her eyes tell me the fact that she loves you…replied sriram…

Shuttt up man…stop eating my head with all this rubbish…saying this he disconnected the call…

Next day, it was time to say good bye to Chennai. She had hell lots of question spinning around her mind. Then she calmly went into the pooja room and started chanting gayatri mantra peacefully…

Even while humming gayatri mantra, she was thinking about him. She was thinking of what’s there in his mind…does he like me? Or seriously, he thinks me as a good friend…Is this an end or a new beginning…

Being so skeptic…she finally put her thoughts in god’s feet and said that if she meets him before leaving Chennai…then he is the one for her. Though she has an intuition, that she will meet him again before she leaves, but her mind gave an opposite opinion. After praying also she couldn’t convince herself. So she went to the room and started packing her bags.

Then she went to venkat’s room and said…hii venkat anna, hii anni…this is for you…saying this she gave a beautiful saree wrapped in a gift box to his wife…

Hey no need for this dear…you came to attend our marriage that is enough for us…no need for this…replied lavanya (venkat’s wife)…

No anni…actually I shopped for my family then thought of gifting you something so…this is maroon color saree…my mom used to say that if you receive any dress of maroon color its very lucky…

Lucky…how lucky…in what sense?? Asked lavanya with a smile…

It will increase the number of dresses in your wardrobe…replied arpudha with a wink…

Hahaha…venkat did you hear that?? Appo innaike shopping poi arpudhavoda wordsa true aakidallam illanaa avaa feel pannuva… (Then today itself we’ll go to shopping and prove arpudha that she was right otherwise she will feel bad…) replied lavanya…

Acchacho…sorry venkat anna ennoda cinna gift vungalluku evulo expensive feedback tharummunu na konja kuda neenaikala… (Oh god…sorry venkat (bro) I never thought that my gift will result in such an expensive feedback)…replied arpudha…

Sema idea arpudha…

Venkat, arpudha Mumbai poggurathukku munnay super timebomb set pannita, which will hit your pocket very severely (Wow, that’s a good idea, before leaving Mumbai, she set a time bomb which will hit your pocket severely) a voice came from the entrance…

To be continued…

With Love,

Angellic 

5 people like this.

2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Angellic, this was simply WOW! OMG, I'm so curious to know whether Arvind is interested in Arpudha or not. The narration is superb, the lengthy post makes me wish that there's no end to the story and the characters and dialogues are amazing!

Waiting eagerly to know what happens next :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  3. AArchana

AArchana Gold IL'ite

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Wow Angellic!!! Very cute love story dear!!! You have made us wait a long [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]for this chapter. Anyway you made me happy by providing a lengthier post. Kudos to your writings and narration. Enjoyed it a lot!![/FONT][/FONT]

1 person likes this.
  4. Niviadaswani

Niviadaswani Silver IL'ite

Nice one...post the next episode soon....

1 person likes this.
  5. veenaruban

veenaruban Silver IL'ite

wow!..very interesting.. please post the next.

1 person likes this.
  6. phenox

phenox Silver IL'ite

very good.
    there was a large gap in posting 2nd part still the story is very fresh n interesting.

1 person likes this.
  7. rashima4u

rashima4u Silver IL'ite

wowwwwwwwwww..............g8 episode...........waited quite long for this but was worth.........please post next one soon.

1 person likes this.
  8. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Very Cute story. Keep writing.

9. harsh1025

harsh1025 Senior IL'ite

Please post the next episode soon.......................

10. vandanasrinivas

vandanasrinivas Silver IL'ite

hey eagerly waiting for next episode,,:) :) :)