1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Kid's View On Climate Change

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Jul 23, 2017.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

A kid’s view on climate change

Dear Reder,

My name is Juhi. My parents lovingly call me Ju. These days I am very sad. I do not remember having done anything wrong. Everyone says I am nice and well mannered girl. I have been regularly going to school, behaving well with the teachers and class mates, doing my home work. Everyone says I am a very intelligent ward.

My parents are proud of me. I too am very proud of my parents. They are very kind and gentle. My brother Bhushan lovingly called Bhu, rarely fights with me. He loves me a lot. Though he is just two years elder to me but behaves like a very supportive and caring big brother. I give him no cause to complain. I guess it is because I am his sister. I love my neighbors too as they love me. We always help each other. The other day when Pintu’s puppy was missing I joined everybody to find him. The poor puppy was taken away by some bad fellow but he somehow managed to give him a slip but lost way home and was roaming in circles in the woods. I always make it a point that I do not do or say anything which may hurt others.

I am one of those millions of girls who walk and talk with fairies in their dreams.

I always want to be a good human being. This is what the fairies have taught me ever since they started coming and talking to me in my dreams. I must have done something terribly wrong. I seem to be having a very vain opinion of myself. I do not seem to be as good as I think of myself . Others may not be telling me the truth because they do not want to hurt me. Otherwise why should the fairies stop coming in my dreams? Don’t they realize that I miss them. In the morning when I get up and remember that I did have dreams but there were no fairies talking to me. I feel so bad. I talked to my mom also. She says I might have forgotten. Fairies might have come but I do not remember. Bhu also is of no help. I do not want to tell everybody. They may not understand or may not take it seriously. May be also because I do not want to be embarrassed by others knowing that fairies do not come in my dreams anymore.

Throughout the day, I keep on blaming myself. I am losing interest in my books, drawings, singing, dancing everything. I simply want to be left alone. Everybody around me is worried for the change in me. How do I explain that until the fairies come back in my dreams, nothing seems to make me happy? Tonight I am not going to sleep at all. What is the use of sleeping and dreaming if there are no fairies? With this in mind I said good night to my parents and Bhu and went to my bed pretending to sleep. I know I kept awake for a long time.

And then I was dreaming. The fairies were back. But as in the past, they did not come down very close to my bed side. They were just hovering in the sky but close enough to talk to me. I told them I am very mad at them. I asked them why they did not come for all these nights. What was holding them back? How come that they could torture such a small girl? I said I do not want them go back if they truly love me or else I will never talk to them.

The queen fairy started sobbing. I could not understand why. This is what they told me.

“Little girl, we are as keen to come and talk to all the lovely girls on the earth planet but this earth which was next to heaven has become so heavy with smoke and dust that we cannot breathe here. We feel suffocated within minutes of our arrival on the earth and are left with no choice but to go back to safer place in the heaven. We feel sorry for the humans on earth because very soon all of them will face the same heaviness and suffocation if they do not do something urgently.

It is so much lamenting that the very natural resources like water, forests, lakes, glaciers, ponds, meadows, which were given by the creator to support life on earth are dwindling and drying. The uncontrolled consumption of these resources has killed the atmosphere. Forests are shrinking, glaciers are melting, rivers and lakes are drying. Wild animals, birds, butterflies, and many species of creatures are getting extinct. Seasons do not rotate as before. There is pollution everywhere. It is rather impossible for us breathe in this situation. Planet Earth has become very warm.

This is the reason, my sweetheart; we are not in a position to descend anymore. Go and tell everyone so that if not for our sake, for their own sake, the people on earth will undo the damage to nature and live and let live. Till then my sweetheart, we are off. Lots of love.”

Those who read this story may please do something. I am small kid. I do not fully understand what it all means but those who understand please do something so that the fairies may return and girls like me in future do not have to have dreams without fairies in them.

Juhi.

Deepu04, Indhradhanu and Anjelin like this.