1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A incident at flower venodor's cart.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Remanambiar, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Remanambiar

Remanambiar New IL'ite

I was sitting in the idling car ,idly watching the evening crowd hurry home (or where ever they were hurrying to.)while my Lord and master had gone to his favourite place on earth …the hardware shop. Keeping a look out for the 'tow' as we were parked in a strictly no parking zone .(why is the shopping side always ‘ non parking ?’)The only interesting view on my side was the flower vendor’s cart .I’ve passed this cart a zillion times but never had had the time to stand and stare. So now be it ….
    A young girl in her twenties was measuring out the strands to the waiting customer .My gaze shifted to the lady sitting next to the cart on a stool .She was around fifty ,frail ,clad in an old sari with patches and ,half dozing in her seat .Her huge nose ring glinted in the lights of the vehicles passing by .And then he appeared ,toddling to her ,he squatted by her side .She opened her lazy eyes and gave him one look and promptly shut them again .He began tugging at her sari .Without opening her eyes she swatted him off .His actions spoke louder than his words and so I could hear him .He gestured that he was thirsty ,he rubbed his stomach to show hunger, all the time he continued to tug at her sari
    She opened her eyes and gave him a long look and turned away .She ignored his pleas and turned , her gaze towards the young girl .I took a good look at him .He was dirty ,unkempt and had not seen water for days .
    Her ignoring him did not faze him even a bit ….after all she was his mother (of that I was sure now )He continued with his demands, all the time tugging more strongly at her sari .
    The young girl seemed totally oblivious to the whole thing .She chatted with the customer as she measured out the strands expertly . .
    Giving up, he suddenly stood up and toddled to the cart and stood watching the girl .As the customer handed out the fare he made a sudden grab for it The next thing I saw was a hand at his nape ,another twisting his hand behind and a saree clad leg connecting to his backside sending him sprawling to the ground .It was his mother in action.. all the while she was screaming at him ,”you good for nothing …smoking and drinking .thats all you do... ..not a penny you ll get from me ..28 years old and of no use to any one ..get lost ,you scoundrel .” with another kick on his back she went back to her stool and sat muttering to herself .

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2012

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rema,
    Touching incident though, with a twist.......All the while I was thinking he was a little toddler....:hide:.smart narration.:thumbsup

3. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Hi rema...
    i was thinking that its gonna be a small baby..
    good narration